Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1750 points serious Tournement play

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Hey,

I'm in doubt about which 2 of the next lists is the best. I'm ussually up against quite some meqs but nids, orks, eldar well everything is being played, so I'm looking at the best allcomers list.

List 1:

Hq
Deamon Prince 175
-wings, warptime MoN
Deamon Prince 175
-wings, warptime MoN

Troops
8 Berzerkers 243
-rhino, champ w/ fist
8 Berzerkers 243
-rhino, champ w/ fist
7 Plagues 256
-rhino, champ w/ fist, 2x melta
7 Plagues 246
-rhino, champ w/ fist, 2x flamer

Elite
3x terminator 105
-3x combi melta

Heavy Support
2x Obliterator 150
2x Obliterator 150

List 2:
Hq
Deamon Prince 175
-wings, warptime MoN
Deamon Prince 175
-wings, warptime MoN

Troops
8 Berzerkers 243
-rhino, champ w/ fist
7 Plagues 246
7 Plagues 246

Elite
3x terminator 105
-3x combi melta
3x terminator 105
-3x combi melta

Heavy Support
2x Obliterator 150
2x Obliterator 150
2x Obliterator 150

I'm personally leaning towards list 1, but I'm not sure. It's a toss up between more troops (list 1) or more long range fire support an extra termicide unit (list 2). I'm ussually quite good at keeping my troops alive, but at 1750 it could prove a bit difficult with only 3 troops. However if list 2 has more killing power it can maybe shot down the threats for my troops earlier. So thats the dilemma I'm having.

comments are of course most welcome!

Edited by Zhukov, 06 April 2009 - 05:03 PM.

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.

chillin

chillin

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,574 posts
I definately like list 1 better.
Why no plaz on the PM's ?...better vs meq, better vs MC's.

Iron_Chaos_Brute

Iron_Chaos_Brute

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,013 posts
I'd go for 2, switch 1 WT for rot, switch 2 flamers for meltas.
There is no surer way to get me to tear your army list up for you than claiming that it's unbeatable.

Named Disciple of the Minigun by Minigun762, November 1st, 2009.

QUOTE (Lord_Caerolion @ Sep 8 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Yeah, these are my Night Lords. The Lord worships Slaanesh, and is a Daemon Prince who can scare people where he wants them to go. And this is his twin, another Slaaneshi Prince, who can do the same."

QUOTE (chillin @ Nov 2 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you play a lot of retards?

Check out my blog at: http://ironchaosbrute.blogspot.com

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts
less termicide [1 squad only] so LR meta need thats why more melta used+its a points thing .

both list seem to be very simple in you face lists and for those the more killy you get the better , I would go with list two. more oblits and more termicide means its easier for DPs to survive an extra turn [and do more dmg]. list one has more scoring , but scoring isnt the most important thing about "stomp" lists. its the out put of dmg you can dish out in 2 first turns . on top of that runign 2 pm squads mean he has 7 terminator equivalent troop units [+more killy units can over power some units , so most opponent will have to ignore troops for at least one turn]. aslo list 2 will have a better match up against eldar and orks .

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

Rumour Control

Rumour Control

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 329 posts
I'd do the same as iron chaos brute. List 2 in my opinion. Rot is amazing on hoards.

This is Rumour Control, here are the facts...

Rumour Control's WIP thread http://www.bolterand...howtopic=259635

Rumour Control's Astral Claws http://www.bolterand...howtopic=259408

Death Korps of Krieg http://www.bolterand...my-project-log/

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Hmm I think I'll stick to list 2 then.

Most people agree with switching one WT for Rot and then exchange 2 flamers for meltas?

Hmm okay thankgs guys, the second list looks good enough for me. I think I like it more to play w/ too. (oblits and termicide VS. Berzerkers that is.)

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.