Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[1750][Demons][Tournament]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

djkest

djkest

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 223 posts
Okay, so I posted a rough demons list several months ago, and I couldn't find my old post. So I thought I'd do another one quick and see what the hive mind thinks of a possible change to it.

HQ:
Bloodthirster, Unholy Might, Collar of Khorne [275]
Herald of Tz, Bolt, We are Legion, Master of Sorcery, Chariot [110]

Elites:
3 Flamers [105]
5 Bloodcrushers, Rendy, Instrument [215]

Troops:
12 Bloodletters [192]
12 Pink Horrors, Bolt, Changeling [219]
8 Plaguebearers, Icon [145]

Heavy:
Soul Grinder [135]
Demon Prince, Nurgle, Wings, Noxious Touch, Iron Hide, Cloud of Flies [215]

Now I have some more points left- 139 to be exact
I was going to go with another Soul Grinder- BUT, I'm also thinking about another Tz Herald for more tank busting at range. Being able to move 12" and shoot 24" is so appealing to me.

Also thinking about dropping the icon, since PBs aren't going to be real close anyway- might as well take my chances, and go for Tongue- I know people are going to have annoying vehicles to shoot.

I also would like to squeeze in more Plaguebearers (up to 10) or a small unit (3) of screamers (I have the models for them already)

Besides that I had previously taken a Kherald on Juggy, but I decided to replace him w/ a regular bloodcrusher to save some points.

Edited by djkest, 06 April 2009 - 10:40 PM.

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
Overall, nice list :tu: However, there's a few things that need changing. If you drop a bloodcrusher and move the plaguebearers icon to them, you get to keep your icon, it'll be on a unit that'll be near the enemy, and you get to play wound allocation games with the squad. You'll also have 179 points left now.

First thing to do, is get another soulgrinder, they should always be run in pairs. From here you have two options. 1) Drop bolt from the horrors, get phlegm on both 'grinders (don't bother with tongue, you just know you'll miss when you need to kill that vindicator). 2) Don't drop bolt, only get phlegm on one of the 'grinders, and use the other 19 points for another horror perhaps? Not really sure, my choice would be option number 1.

Out of interest, what tournament is this for? Or is it just a generic tourny list?

minigun762

minigun762

++ PHYSICUS DEMENTER ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,981 posts
I think its a very solid list overall. I agree that dropping the Icon would be useful, but I'd take Phlegm instead. S8 pie plates are always useful and S8 isn't that bad against light/medium armor.
I agree that a 2nd Tzeentchian Herald is the best buy for the rest of your points.
The only other thing I can think of is to drop both Heralds for a Keeper of Secrets. You lose alot of shooting for another MC. Not sure if its worth it but KoS are very viable.
Posted Image

djkest

djkest

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 223 posts
Well to be honest I'm just trying to make it competitive, and it will be played at a tournament eventually. Dropping down to 4 crushers was a thought, since they have such a big footprint. I'll probably play 5 in friendly games, but drop to 4 for a tournament.

Pie plates are nice, got to love them, but in my CSM list I had so many problems with my vindicators, they usually did not make up their points, just kept my transports a little safer. They usually only get to shoot 0-2 times per game, and I might get 1 hit between the 2 of them per game. Str 10 AP1 seems so nice.. except that you miss 1/2 of the time (or both!)

Thanks for the thoughts, I think that's what I was looking for.

Oh, and do you think 8 PBs are enough to objective camp?

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts

Oh, and do you think 8 PBs are enough to objective camp?

Yes.

As for the vindi's not getting to shoot, that's usually due to being stunned or shaken isn't it? Which doesn't matter with 'grinders, they ignore it ^_^

minigun762

minigun762

++ PHYSICUS DEMENTER ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,981 posts
Well another naked Soulgrinder is always an option.
Posted Image