UK Games Day 2009

DarKHaZZ13

Like the title says, I thought it would be a good idea to start a general desscussion topic for GDUK09...I tired searchy to see if one alreadye xisted

but alas one did not appear....if there is feel free to delete post and swend me the link

If nott:

Anyone plan on going??

Any rumours about whats happening this year??

Feel free to Post pics/links of your Golden Deamon Entries/GD wip's :tu:

DH

Update:

obviously theres been loads of talk about planet strike seeing as if it is out soon after GD high chances are it will eb sold at GD

so feel free to talk about that in here too ;)

With all the stuff the IG just got I can see there being 40K boards in each corners of the event firing Deathstrike Missiles at each other

With all the stuff the IG just got I can see there being 40K boards in each corners of the event firing Deathstrike Missiles at each other

XD I'd love that!

Or maybe something similar to the guy who fired T-shirts randomly at a target a few years back. But with a foam/nerf that looks like a deathstrike...

I'd love to go but sadly not able :lol:

Will that Vulkan be on sale only at GD? or will it be sold in-store too?

im going this year look for the death korp commissar and remember to say Hi

this is my WIP entre for young bloods

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii15/sokar777/toby055.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii15/sokar777/toby054.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii15/sokar777/toby053.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii15/sokar777/toby056.jpg

and for duel

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii15/sokar777/toby059.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii15/sokar777/toby060.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii15/sokar777/toby057.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii15/sokar777/toby058.jpg

(going to have a space marine on it.)

fonejaker

Well As I'm going me and a couple of the Vet's at my Local stoire are planning to go as a Guard fire team complete with commissar (She was at GD two years ago in the same get up she's planning to use this year)

Well As I'm going me and a couple of the Vet's at my Local stoire are planning to go as a Guard fire team complete with commissar (She was at GD two years ago in the same get up she's planning to use this year)

sounds like there will be a lot of people in costumes

sounds like there will be a lot of people in costumes

Always has been and always will be. ;)

Corpus

I think I recall seeing her (dont know how many lady commisars were around that day)

I wont be going. Ive been to the last two and while they are fun I am tired of the queues and of being crushed in the mad rush for loot. You have to get to the stands quickly or the good stuff is gone and its just crazy, no organisation for the queues - just a mad crushing stampede. You would think they would put something out.

Also, sad to say but I get bored. Once you have bought your stuff (which you then have to lug around) and seen all the displays, played the games and eaten the horrible overpriced food, there isnt that much to do. Last year I went with the sole intent to get the new dreads (ultra and chaplain) early (which I did) as well as the new marine stuff. I have all that now and there really isnt anything that I want.

But thats just me. I think a first time attendee will have an absolute blast.

I might be going, all depend if my wargaming club needing extra help.

IP

Same here. Oh, the joys of getting up at 4am for philanthropic reasons...

IP

well the bus from my store sets off at 7am and it takes half a hour for me to get to the store........................so i will be up very early

IP

well the bus from my store sets off at 7am and it takes half a hour for me to get to the store........................so i will be up very early

You think that sucks? My local store bus will be leaving at about 4, takes about 20 minutes to get to the store, that's a 3am wake-up call. If I go this year I'll happily pay for the petrol I think, leave later and be able to go home when I want.

I was there! and i didnt have enough money for the new shiny drop pod :( lol, had fun there though :P loved the rhino ( which isnt a land raider by the way ^^ ) loved the sneek preview of dow2 and hated the long queue for the warhammer online only to be kicked off about 2 minutes into the game as the entire server had broke down XD. Me and my mates came back with loads of new toys ( guns and termi spures ) from the sm v ork building comp :P.

p.s. i was literally an inch from the sword! i wanted to touch it so badly as well! and if anyone saw the harlequin outfit a guy was wearing didnt you think what the hell!

oops this is an old post XD

thanks

antique_nova

Should be going through work again - if I'm driving by then then hopefully I'll be able to get there for about 8.30 - only live a few mins away, so take an MP3 player, a flask of coffee and try and get the new Wolves and FW stuff!

White Dwarf Subscribers can get 10% off with their ticket. More importantly, though, the quickest 600 Subscribers to phone Games Workshop on the 2nd May get a free Seminar Ticket :teehee: (Free entry!) :tu:

I might be going, not really sure though. I'll need to wait a few months, then I'll decide. What's it generally like for younger people? I.e., under 16?

As im... "dating"... Dan, the Store manager of the GW i go to, i will undoubtadly be there. Hes already pretty much telling everyone im now hostess on the coach there.. and pretty much the dolly girl for him. (aka if its raining, i get to stand there with an umbrella F1 style.. yay me!)

I do have a good few things ive got on my list to buy when i get there, particularly the upcoming Forgeworld items that will be there (i think its best i dont start reeling off lists of things which will be there.. i will only get him into trouble!)

Siobhan.

IP

You think that sucks? My local store bus will be leaving at about 4, takes about 20 minutes to get to the store, that's a 3am wake-up call. If I go this year I'll happily pay for the petrol I think, leave later and be able to go home when I want.

:) I can beat all you then.

Since I will be leaving (if I am going of course) from GW Falkirk we have to be that the store for Sat night that 11.30pm, bus leave around midnight. Add onto that during the Sat picking up the board (if we do a demo game) from wargaming club.

Barely any sleepon the bus as I don't sleep well while in a bus.

Then be there roughly 7am, (if where doing table) set up the table then walk around for 3 hour with no hassle or people shove you out the way (never forget one of the GW sculpter telling me to kick someone, while I was talk to the guy about model making job with in the company), etc... then head back home don't get back until 10pm or if we get the annoying guy from 2007 trip, it'll be 1am Mon morning (that another story, luck he not been ask back)

So pretty much be up since 9am Sat morning through to Sun night be luck to get 30 min sleep on the bus.

This is what it been like for me Games Day 2007 & 2008.

Not sure if my wargaming club doing a table, find out near the time & depend what one show.

IP

Archived