UK Games Day 2009

DarKHaZZ13

im goiing as well -_-. you get free pieces of models there at the building comp :P. unfortunately i cudnt get more than a few termi parts cos they all went XD. and i have already worked out a fire against a valkri spam army in 1000 points and 1500 points mwhahaha watch out guard :P.

thanks

antique_nova

• 3 weeks later...

Look like my wargaming club will not be running a table this year (due to some real life stuff with committe memebers). But I'll still go, ticket being paid as a well done for my SQA result on my HND model making course which is cool.

Also going to eneter my first games day model, can't say much as I've only had some idea today.

I think my aim is

- Meet my friend Graham McNeill, say Hi, get him to put his name in my codex chaos

- Try to get Phil Kelly to to put his name down in my codex chaos

Just because chaos marines are my favrout army (I'm the mod here for the chaos part after all ^_^ ) my current codex Chaos has all off the GW Scotland manger sign it, George Dellapina, Paul Scott, all current Games Dev team, WD team & most oppent from the UKGT who really give a good game & where fellow chaos player.

- Wind up my friend Paul Scott from mail order.

If there new Space Wolves stuff release, then sure I'll pick up some asap (be first thing I do after entering my model). Forge World I'll see near the time.

Other than that it mainly a day out with friends from local GW & those who I know from Nottingham.

Though I will miss not doing a demo game this year, as said few post back was great getting in that 7am.

IP

• 2 weeks later...

my and my bro are deffinatly going...

i wont be working, but ill be going down with the my old work mates over at GW dudley

should be a good time

oh and that mode is quite nice

• 1 month later...

Planning on going.

I'm hoping to enter GD this year, enter something special that I have planned....

I've always considered going in costume but...does anyone really want to see a long-haired, short, fat techrpriest or commissar?

Try and meet Sandy Mitchel again. I enjoyed talking to him last year.

• 1 month later...

So a week & a half until games day tomorrow.

Everone looking forward to it??

For me it just the great laught & social side of the GW bus trip down & back up.

Buying wise for GD

- 1 Box of Space Wolves

- 1 Box of Terminators Wolfs

- 3 Drop Pods

- 1 Land Speeder

I'm hope my advance order arrive (2 box of Wolves & the codex) on the Fri before GD for the rest of the Space Wolves stuff. Just so I can make 1500pts worth of Space Wolves.

Once I seen everthing, got my codexies sign by GW staff. I'll be find a spot that the setting area & building my Space Wolves as part of a challenge me & a few friends have set up.

IP

Buying wise for GD

- 1 Box of Space Wolves

- 1 Box of Terminators Wolfs

- 3 Drop Pods

- 1 Land Speeder

Don't forget that the Space Wolf Army Box contains a Drop Pod - if you plan on grabbing that then you might be able to skim one off this list.

Not going to be out until the 17th Oct sadly & I can not wait/need to get this army done on the 27th Sept.

Also it be £200, that leave out the three Land Speeder (being that it would be £260). While the army over all cost me £209 & I would not have the 20 Scout I don't need (already converting Scouts from bit box)

So for once I am better to buy the boxies single. Though I already have bought a Pod & 2 Speeder, overall it is hitting to my £210 budget & these where only bought because I forgot to pick up my Hulk models to paint that my local GW. So I still got £150 kept aside for Games Day which will buy the rest of the army.

Also can't belive I got a vuirs right now, ever Games Day it seem I become unwell, 2007 I get a cold on the way back up, last year a cold on the way down. With over a week I am now unwell :(

IP

Is there going to be a meeting place for B & C members?

I was hoping that we could get somethin like this set up. It would be nice to meet a few board members at GDUK.

I would suggest maybe the huge space marine statue at a certain time as a meeting place?

I can't wait for this year so I can get my hands on the new C:SW and start tinkering with my army!

@antique_nova: I think you will need to fire an email to Black Library to get a definete answer on that. On the day, it will probably depend on the length of the line and the author themselves.

Cheers

Thorgrim

• 2 weeks later...

So everone looking forward to Sun.

I will be going with my local store by tomorrow night that 11.30pm.

Hope to pick up

- Box of Power Armour Space Wolves

- 2 Boxies (talk to a friend if GW stick with one per customer) of Wolf Terminators

- Land Speeder

- the Thunder from Fenris audiobook by Nick Kyme.

I'll see what old stock they sell, hopeful some of the old Wolves stuff as well. Not sure what Forge World goods I will get?

But can't wait :lol:

IP

Archived