Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nurgle 1700 List

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

PlagueWarriorOfDeath

PlagueWarriorOfDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts
Hey guys. I recently decided to go chaos, and since I hardly ever see anyone who plays Plague Marines at my local shop I decided it was high time someone did. I've worked this list a bit since I got it and a guy on one of my facebook groups suggested that I try Nurgle Bikers. So here's what I have so far:

HQ
Chaos Lord
-Bike
-MoN
-Daemon Weapon
180 pts

Troops
3 * Plague Marine Squads
1. 8 man
-Champion
-Power Fist
-2 * meltaguns
-Rhino w/ Extra Armor

2. 8 man
-Champion
-Power Fist
-2 * Plasmaguns
-Rhino w/ Extra Armour

3. 8 man
-Champion
-Power Weapon
-2 * Flamer
-Rhino w/ Extra Armour

Fast Attack
Chaos Bikers * 8
-Icon of Nurgle
-Champion
-Power Weapon

Heavy Support
Chaos Vindicator
-Daemonic Possession

Obliterator Cult * 1

Obliterator Cult * 1

That rounds up to about 1696.
Comments and Criticism welcomed!
In war, you needn't make worry about making mistakes, simply wait for your opponent to make one.

"The Emperor is dead, yet you grovel at a corpse in hopes of salvation. There is no salvation in the course you currently travel, only death. Embrace the powers and live on for eternity!"

chillin

chillin

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,574 posts
I'm not a fan of bikes, but other then that the list looks pretty tough

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Well maybe the guy above me (chillin) is a bit tired because I see lots of things which arent good:

1 vindi is bad (easily destroyed, been corrected by DemetriiTZ)
extra armour on rhinos is not worth it (almost 50% of the rhinos cost)
Try to take oblits in pairs (kill points)
Never power weapons on Plague marines (initiative 3)
Bikers are not worth it, too expensive and right now 1 walker/MC can hold up your whole squad! Because you havent got a power fist in the squad!

Edited by Zhukov, 08 April 2009 - 02:56 PM.

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.

DemetriiTZ

DemetriiTZ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 549 posts
Everything Zhukov says is correct, except for the Vindicator comment -- Yeah, one sucks, but only because it can be easily focus-fired and destroyed. I know you have Possession, so shaken and stunned are a non-issue.. but with less than 2 Vindis, they quickly become expensive paperweights.

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Whoops haha

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.

PlagueWarriorOfDeath

PlagueWarriorOfDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts
Hehe, no problem Zhukov. Happens to the best of us!

So I went through and reworked the list a bit. The bikers did seem to lack a bit of punch, and I was debating on whether or not to go with mark of khorne. I might in the future but for now they'll stay infection riddled and pussing! (Yum ;))

Here's what I came up with.

Chaos Lord
-Mon
-DW
-Bike
-Meltabombs

Chaos Bikers * 8
-Champion w/Power Fist
-Icon of Nurgle

Plague Marines * 8
-Champion
-Power Fist
-2 * Flamer
-Rhino

Plague Marines * 8
-Champion
-Power Fist
-2 * Meltaguns
-Rhino

Plague Marines * 8
-Champion
-Power Fist
-2 * Plasma Guns
-Rhino

Vindicator
-Daemonic Possession
-Havoc Launcher

Obliterator Cult * 2

Total 1696

I'm keeping the bikes because I think they're cool and tough as nails (plus I already bought the first couple models. Waste not want not! :P). Without the Extra Armour on the rhinos I have plenty of flexing room with my list now, it was almost difficult to make it out to 1700. Thanks for the constructive criticism guys. Keep it coming!
In war, you needn't make worry about making mistakes, simply wait for your opponent to make one.

"The Emperor is dead, yet you grovel at a corpse in hopes of salvation. There is no salvation in the course you currently travel, only death. Embrace the powers and live on for eternity!"