Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 Not competetive

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

Night Stalker

Night Stalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,215 posts
Chaos Lord
-Daemon Weapon
-Jump Pack

Chaos Lord
-Daemon Weapon
-Plasma Pistol
-Jump Pack

Chaos Space Marines (10)
-2xMeltagun
-Icon of Chaos Glory
Rhino

Chaos Space Marines (10)
-2xPlasmagun
-Icon of Chaos Glory
Rhino

Chaos Raptors (10)
-2xPlasma Pistol
-Icon of Khorne (to represent veteran squad)

Chaos Raptors (10)
-2xFlamer
-Icon of Khorne (to represent veteran squad)

Chaos Terminators (3)
-3xCombi-Weapons

Chaos Obliterators (2)

Example how lists should not be constructed, if you want to play serious.
Codex: Night Lords
Now totaly revamped. So if you seen it before, do it again! (5/20/2009)

Codex: Black Legion
Also revamped, but it's not finished yet.

chillin

chillin

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,574 posts
Don't like plaz pistols at all, on lords or in raptor squads. Always a better weop option IMO.

You are obviously using raptors as assault squads, so I would give them champs w/ PW/PF.
Ahhh, you're going to put a lord in each raptor unit (I catch on eventually ;) ), in that case they (raptors) don't need 10. I would drop enough raptors to put a champ in each of the csm squads, still leaving you with probably 8 raptors + a lord. Then I think it will be pretty good.
Without the champs in the csm's squads you are counting tooo much on your lords/raptors to carry the whole show IMO.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts
why take plasma pistols when you can have melta guns that are ap1 more str [instant death meq unlike str7 plasma pistols] , when both are assault and meltas even get +d6penetration that is easier to get when you move 12" per turn .

also why jump packs and not wings?

considering the list I would drop either the termis or the oblits and play with 2x3 termis or 2x2 oblits. your choice.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

Night Stalker

Night Stalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,215 posts
That is friendly list. Not competetive. I know i'm paying +5 points for overheat, -1S, worse AP and lack of additional penetration dice. I even wrote it down in 'how to fix possessed thread'.

If i would play competetive, i would drop both lords (and use princes instead) and raptors with plasma pistols (rhino zerkers with fist) and raptors (oblits and termicide)

2xLash Prince 310
1xCSM 225 (10 csm with 2 meltas)
4xOblits 300
2xTermis 210 (all combi-plasma)
2xZerkers (7) 454 (6 zerkers + champ with fist)

all rhinos have additional bolters for fun.

But the point is, this is not competetive list :)

Oh, and Jump Packs on Lords - my Captain have jump pack - i loathe wings look - it feel too mutated (and my marines have no visible mutation).

Why Plasma on my second Lord - well, my Chaplain have jump pack and plasma pistol. It looks cool, so i play wyswyg.

Also, my Raptor squad have plasma pistol, becouse those are iconic for space marines assault squad, and look cool. It would be shame to proxy for such advantage.

Edited by Night Stalker, 09 April 2009 - 11:45 AM.

Codex: Night Lords
Now totaly revamped. So if you seen it before, do it again! (5/20/2009)

Codex: Black Legion
Also revamped, but it's not finished yet.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts

Oh, and Jump Packs on Lords - my Captain have jump pack - i loathe wings look - it feel too mutated (and my marines have no visible mutation).

counts as baby , in 5th ed you can use anything[save for a jump pack that clearlly said in the FAQ] to represent wings . extra speedy power armor [demonic or not] a bike [larger base = easier to get in to hth while at the same time you can ride in rhinos . ] sky is the limit.

Also, my Raptor squad have plasma pistol, becouse those are iconic for space marines assault squad, and look cool.

they were "iconic" in sm when they cost 5pts . In fact most raptors and more then a few arts of loyalist assault sm show them with"special"weapons and of those flamers and meltas make the most sense for hth/spearhead unit.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."