Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1750 World Eaters

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,571 posts
Hey guys,

Trying to get a basis for a competitive army here and thought 1750 would be a "core."

Here's what i would like to run:

HQ
Demon Prince
MoK

Elite
Dreadnought
2X DCCW

Dreadnought
2X DCCW

Chaos Terminators X5
MoK
3 pairs of LC
2 Combi-Melta
1 PF

Troop
Khorne Berserkers X8
Champ w/ Power Weapon
Icon
Rhino

Khorne Berserkers X8
Champ w/ Power Weapon
Icon
Rhino

Khorne Berserkers X8
Champ w/ Power Weapon
Icon
Rhino

Lesser Demons X10
Lesser Demons X10

Heavy Support
Land Raider

The way i see it, in normal circumstances i would keep my troops and the terminators (in the LR) advancing up the middle. Meanwhile the 2 Dreads and possible the DP would roll up a flank together and draw fire. Sort of a damned if you do damned if you dont idea where if any of those reaches the battle line its chaos.

Thoughts?

minigun762

minigun762

++ PHYSICUS DEMENTER ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,981 posts

HQ
Demon Prince
MoK

I like these guys. Nothing fancy, but cheap and fast (assuming you give him wings like you need to). Unlike other Daemon Princes he won't be held back by Psychic Hoods or Eldar Runes.

Elite
Dreadnought
2X DCCW

Dreadnought
2X DCCW

Alot of debate about how good these guys are, but this is the preferred loadout if you do use them.

Chaos Terminators X5
MoK
3 pairs of LC
2 Combi-Melta
1 PF

Too expensive for my tastes, they're not bad but I'd probably trim some of the fat there.

Troop
Khorne Berserkers X8
Champ w/ Power Weapon
Icon
Rhino

Khorne Berserkers X8
Champ w/ Power Weapon
Icon
Rhino

Khorne Berserkers X8
Champ w/ Power Weapon
Icon
Rhino

I'd probably do atleast 1, if not 2 squads with Power Fists.

Lesser Demons X10
Lesser Demons X10

Honestly, they don't offer you much. They're only good in HtH combat and you have Berserkers for that. These points could be better spent elsewhere, possibly buying some Predators or Vindicators to help protect your Rhinos.

Heavy Support
Land Raider

Not bad for the Terminators, though it could do just as well with Berserkers.
Posted Image

chillin

chillin

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,574 posts
I would definately give that DP wings.
Those termi's are too expensive for what they can do IMO.
Dreads always let me down, but if you've had success with them, then go ahead.
Other then that the list looks OK.

PlagueWarriorOfDeath

PlagueWarriorOfDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts

Demon Prince
MoK

Wings man wings! This beast will not be able to make it half way across the board before he gets shot down! Sure running with the dreads will get him a bit better off, but he will be shot at ... a lot. The less of that there is the better off he will be when he finally gets in and slaughters the enemy line.
Other than that, solid choice.

Dreadnought
2X DCCW

Dreadnought
2X DCCW

These can be tricky, you're almost better off with a defiler or two. Sure they can gain fleet and go charging off just like you want them too, but they can also stop dead and shoot at nothing for a turn. They can be useful, they are just highly unpredictable.

Chaos Terminators X5
MoK
3 pairs of LC
2 Combi-Melta
1 PF

Too much fat and not enough umph. I'd drop the fist and combi's or get rid of the claws and Mark for more fists. Mind I havn't played Chaos Termies so I don't know exactly how to use them efficiently. My two cents anyway.

Khorne Berserkers X8
Champ w/ Power Weapon
Icon
Rhino

Khorne Berserkers X8
Champ w/ Power Weapon
Icon
Rhino

Khorne Berserkers X8
Champ w/ Power Weapon
Icon
Rhino

Not bad, would like to see power fists in here, one big n' nasty and these guys are toast.

Lesser Demons X10
Lesser Demons X10

I agree with minigun. If you had a shooty army then they would be useful as a counter charge or just simply stall the enemy while you reposition. But this list has plenty of hard hitting hth, no need for these oversized paperweights to slog the list down. I'd drop them in favor of a defiler or two or some more upgrades on your units (like wings and Power Fists)

Land Raider

Never a bad choice.

So if you dropped the Daemons and added some fists and wings to your lord you'd come out with around 200 pts. More than enough for a defiler with some upgrades. Maybe tooled out for anti-tank to deal with some armour that you severly lack the ability to take from a distance (not that there will be much of one for long!)

That's my two cents.
In war, you needn't make worry about making mistakes, simply wait for your opponent to make one.

"The Emperor is dead, yet you grovel at a corpse in hopes of salvation. There is no salvation in the course you currently travel, only death. Embrace the powers and live on for eternity!"

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,571 posts
Yea that was dumb of me to not include wings, I also will add the fists to the zerkers.

As for the demons, i was just at adepticon this weekend and people seemed to be using tons of them to great effect in disruption or objective grabbing.

Then for the terminators whats a good load-out for them? Like you guys said my CC is handled should i get the KB in but i feel shooty terminators is unforgivably un-khornate.

Thanks for the good advice so far!

minigun762

minigun762

++ PHYSICUS DEMENTER ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,981 posts

Then for the terminators whats a good load-out for them? Like you guys said my CC is handled should i get the KB in but i feel shooty terminators is unforgivably un-khornate.

Well just because you have a gun doesn't make you shooty. Look at Berserkers, they have a Bolt Pistol and nobody says they're shooty. ;)

I'd go with a slight variation on the Termicide squad.
Take 5 Terminators, give them Icon of Khorne to be fluffy and 4 Combi-Meltas and a Heavy Flamer. Give the Land Raider to your Berserkers and deep strike this squad instead. Pop up next to a big target (like an enemy Land Raider) and Melta it. Then next turn, assault something close by. This loadout should save you 20-30 points and add that to the points saved by having 1 less Rhino (because a Berserkers squad is in the Land Raider now) and you could afford a few more Berserkers or more Terminators or something else.
Posted Image

Night Stalker

Night Stalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,215 posts
Nah, Khorne does not care how the blood flows. He is god of warfare, close and long range. Remember - Brass Scorpion of Khorne have GUNS !
Codex: Night Lords
Now totaly revamped. So if you seen it before, do it again! (5/20/2009)

Codex: Black Legion
Also revamped, but it's not finished yet.

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,571 posts
Hmm i actually really dig that idea. What if i kept one unit of demons and swapped the other for a vindicator or something? More firepower and if i get lucky the demons could be available after the termies DS with the icon right in their face.