Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[1500]Abaddon union

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Gromril

Gromril

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts
abaddon 1

Terminator 4
combiplasma 4

plague 7
champion 1
melta 2
PF 1
Rhino

berzerker 8
champion 1
plasma 1
PF 1
Rhino

noise marines 6
champion 1
sonic blaster 4
blastmaster 1
doom siren 1
PW 1
Rhino

1k sons 8
sorcerer 1
wind of chaos 1
Rhino

I'd like to create a BG list to be able to use all the cult at the same time: now I've realized I've no icon for abbadon and termy deep strike

What do you think??

any hints??

I know it's non so competitive, but I would give a try (I do not play ONLY tourneys)

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts
tournament or not mixing more then 2 cults doesnt work [and in some cases like NM/1ksons mixing doesnt work at all].

over costed abadon without a transport and a small termi bodyguard is a unit of dream for your opponents . easy to control, easy to counter , easy to kill with shoting , but it costs a lot of pts.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 16,542 posts
Agreed, if you want Abbaddon, stick him in a Landraider with other mechanised units as support. Guaranteed charges from the assault ramp will scare the willies out of opponents.

To save points, the only way I can see you finding the points for this is to put the Berzerkers or Plague Marines with him in a Landraider and drop the Terminators altogether. I'd recommend the Berzerkers as the Plague Marines will be on anti-tank duties as the only unit able to take on vehicles with shooting effectively.

As for competetiveness, the large number of vehicles and threat of destruction from a Landraider Abbaddon and chums is enough to give most players a good game. They have to target the Landraider or else they will not be able to prevent a charge from Abbaddon in the heart of their lines, which leaves the Rhino transports free for a time.

Gromril

Gromril

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts
I kwow, you are right

my alternative to the list above was this one

demon prince
wings
warp time

marine 10
campione 1
laser 1
plasma 1
PF 1
Rhino

plague 7
champion 1
melta 2
PF 1
Rhino

berzerker 8
champion 1
plasma 1
PF 1
Rhino

noise marines 6
champion 1
sonic blaster5
blastmaster 1
doom siren 1
PW 1
Rhino

1k sons 8
sorcerer 1
wind of chaos 1
Rhino

Edit: thanks cpt Idaho: good hints

Edited by Gromril, 09 April 2009 - 10:29 AM.

chillin

chillin

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,574 posts
Agree with all the stuff the other guys said bout the 1st list. Abby needs a LR.
Just throwing all the cults in one army really doesn't make a very good army b/c they are for different playstyles.
Your 2nd army is better but I don't know how well it will wk with all 4 cults in there b/c it lacks focus, but give it a try and let us know.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts

marine 10
campione 1
laser 1
plasma 1
PF 1
Rhino

lascanon for a rhino squad with fist and asp champion??? how many times are you going to use it . specially as at the same time your pm squad runs around with a single melta?

like others said it doesnt matter if you take a DP or abadon as hq , mixing cult doesnt work at tournament lvl and it doesnt work at friendlly/casuall lvl of game play.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

Gromril

Gromril

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts
the jeske: you are right about the normal Marines, It'a a very bad set up
in fact it was added without thinking too much! (my fault)

Probably the best compromise with my modellistic needs (I play what I like) and your hints is:

8 berzerker + Abaddon + Land rider

7 plague marines (champion, PF 2Xmelta) + rhino

6 noise marines (champion doom siren PW melta bomb 4xsonic blaster 1xblastmaster) + Rhino

9 1k sons (sorcerer + wind of chaos) + Rhino

It's a pretty hard army to play with, but I think I'll try to build it anywere: It's due only to the desire to use all 4 the cults at the same time
I'm already a World eater player, and I see I'm able to do something good even if averyone tell me imy army is fluffy (I use raptors, no Land raider, and no obliterators): sometime I win, sometime I lose, it's not so important if the game was enjoyable (even if i prefear to win)

If anyone has new ideas to tune up the list or particular tactics thanks again (meanwhile I'm here painting the squads) :D

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts

It's a pretty hard army to play with, but I think I'll try to build it anywere: It's due only to the desire to use all 4 the cults at the same time

sorry but I think that a NM water warrior list is hard to play a mix of 4 cult units in my eyes is unplayable.

also as fluff goes. yes BL does follow all the gods and has cult units for all[well not 1ksons those are only from the 1ksons legion and I dont think any other legion then NM had sonic weapons] , but they still generally tend to fight in warbands that follow one or two gods .