Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500pts Nurgle Competitive?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Vomikron Noxis

Vomikron Noxis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts
Well it's that time again, I'm once again rearranging my Nurgle army into something more competitive. Not aiming for tourney lash spam, but the standard at my club is pretty high and I'd like to keep up!

DP - Wings, Nurgle, Warptime = 175
DP -Wings, Warptime = 155

7 Plague Marines - (2 x Melta, Fist) = 221
Rhino = 35

Rhino = 35

7 Plague Marines - (2 x Flamer, Fist) = 211
Rhino = 35

2 Obliterators = 150

2 Obliterators = 150

At the moment that totals 1388, so the question is what to add now? Maybe a Termicide squad, or a Dakka Pred? How does the list look in general? I'm worried it may be lacking in anti horde, so might add a dakka pred and upgrade the second DP to Nurgle + Rot. Opinions please!

Iron_Chaos_Brute

Iron_Chaos_Brute

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,013 posts
Give the prince rot.
Buy a termicide if possible, otherwise, dakka pred.
Oblits are somewhat anti horde, as is rot.
There is no surer way to get me to tear your army list up for you than claiming that it's unbeatable.

Named Disciple of the Minigun by Minigun762, November 1st, 2009.

QUOTE (Lord_Caerolion @ Sep 8 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Yeah, these are my Night Lords. The Lord worships Slaanesh, and is a Daemon Prince who can scare people where he wants them to go. And this is his twin, another Slaaneshi Prince, who can do the same."

QUOTE (chillin @ Nov 2 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you play a lot of retards?

Check out my blog at: http://ironchaosbrute.blogspot.com

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Looks alot like my tourney list, although I have 1 berzerkers squad instead of a 3rd plague squad. This is why you cannot take both termicide and MoN w/ warptime on the second prince too.

Hmmm...Well your second prince has to have MoN too, because right now S8 and above goes at your MoN prince and S7 and below to the other prince. That way none of the 2 benefits optimal from its setup.

Dakka pred and prince w/ rot would not be a bad choice I think.

But I think best thing is dropping 1 champ from a squad, give them 2x plasma and then buy termicide and MoN for the second prince.

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.

Vomikron Noxis

Vomikron Noxis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts
Hmm Berzerkers hey? I have a fair few converted Berzerkers lying around that might like to see some use, and that would allow me to fit in everything that I want... With that in mind, how about this list:

DP - Wings, Nurgle, Warptime = 175
DP -Wings, Nurgle, Rot = 165

3 Terminators - combi meltas = 105

Rhino = 35

Rhino = 35

8 Berzerkers - (Fist) = 208
Rhino = 35

2 Obliterators = 150

2 Obliterators = 150

Possibly dropping one squad's meltas to flamers and chucking in a couple of icons, or possibly not? I do rather like flamers though.

Iron_Chaos_Brute

Iron_Chaos_Brute

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,013 posts
Good.
Consider flamers. Icons not necessary.
There is no surer way to get me to tear your army list up for you than claiming that it's unbeatable.

Named Disciple of the Minigun by Minigun762, November 1st, 2009.

QUOTE (Lord_Caerolion @ Sep 8 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Yeah, these are my Night Lords. The Lord worships Slaanesh, and is a Daemon Prince who can scare people where he wants them to go. And this is his twin, another Slaaneshi Prince, who can do the same."

QUOTE (chillin @ Nov 2 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you play a lot of retards?

Check out my blog at: http://ironchaosbrute.blogspot.com

Zerib

Zerib

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts
I am very confused your points do not add up to me.

Rhino = 35

Should be 256; 7 Pm, 2 meltas, champ, pf and Rhino. Berserkers should come out to 243; 8 Berserkers, champ, pf, anf rhino. Unless I am very confused you might want to double check and see if your calculator is broke or what codex you are using.

PlagueWarriorOfDeath

PlagueWarriorOfDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts
Nah Zerib, you're just confused. Rhinos aren't being included in the cost for the squads.

As for the list it seems very solid. not one I would run but then I just don't like the cookie-cutter armies. Other than that it's very well built.
In war, you needn't make worry about making mistakes, simply wait for your opponent to make one.

"The Emperor is dead, yet you grovel at a corpse in hopes of salvation. There is no salvation in the course you currently travel, only death. Embrace the powers and live on for eternity!"

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Lol switch the 1 of the melta squad to flamers and warptime on the other prince too and you got the same tourney list as me. So good list haha

You can ask me anything.

Vomikron Noxis

Vomikron Noxis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts
Ha! That's exactly what I was thinking of doing actually, how do you get on with your list?

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Well I'm telling you the truth when I say that I've yet to lose a game! Even better: most of the time I manage to massacre the enemy :D But it goes to say I play marines quite a lot so I know how to fight them and I played marines myself before I switched to chaos. Nids and Orks did not give me troubles yet either so... for me its a great list, because I like how to play with it and I do not want to play with lash. Without lash I think this is one of the effectivest ways of playing chaos.

Just practice a lot (I dont know how experienced you are?). Most of the time my Obliterators kill the most stuff, because often the enemy has to fire all of there stuff either at the princes or sometimes at the berzerkers.
Marines should not give you troubles after a few games (most of the time they will not be able to kill both princes, the oblits and the berzerkers in time, and with 'in time' I mean before they lose most of there important units), and its getting even better if you play against an all assault list. If you are playing against those kinda armies you can just wait till they get to you. You should get the charge pretty easily and shoot in the mean time with the Oblits.

Do not underestimate the termicide units, they won some games for me. If you take out a tank when you arrive they already 'earned their points'. The nice thing after that the enemy still has to invest power in them to destroy because they are still terminators with power swords.

If you encounter troubles with this list you can always ask for advise!

Edited by Zhukov, 10 April 2009 - 09:15 AM.

You can ask me anything.

Vomikron Noxis

Vomikron Noxis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts
Brilliant, thanks for the advice! And thanks to everyone for all the comments, been very helpful indeed!

veidin

veidin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 212 posts
Think I may try this build too. Zhukov, do you deep strike the Oblits or set em up in cover? If in cover how do you use em? Plasma cannon troops or more las cannon esque anti tank stuff?

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
I think I maybe deepstruck them once, but I cannot even remember when and against who it was. Most of the time I just try to position them somewhere nicely in cover. Deepstriking mostly of the time doesnt offer much, you are better off shooting with them from the start of the game. Shooting depends on what has priority for me to shoot at. Most of the time I shoot with lasscanon in first 2 turns to take out transports and such because there arent that good plasma canon targets available. As the game progresses Plasma canons/plasma guns and sometimes multimelta/meltagun come in use too. Against outflanking stealers I used the flamers some times, with great effect of course.

Some times you can manage to screen your Oblits entirely with rhinos. Especially if some of your rhinos get immobilitzed/wrecked they can screen your Oblits very effective.

You can ask me anything.