Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1000 and 1500 pt lists

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

Cadian315

Cadian315

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
Hey everyone!

I'd posted a list a litte while back, in which I laid out a planned army. In that thread, I'd mentioned I often play against a very frustrating Mech Eldar opponent. My other opponents (DA, Ultramarines, BTs, Tyranids, regular CSM) don't give me that hard of a time and are generally a 50/50 shot at who will win; that isn't the case with this Mech Eldar. Very hard to get a clean win, mostly infuriating draws or loss by a KP or two, or an objective contested at the last moment. My other lists used too many vehicles, and wasn't really well-rounded enough. I hope this infantry-focused list, while also being fluffy offers a good chance at dealing with these opponents, especially Mech Eldar. I don't intend to really shoot them down, just keep them away from the objectives. If they want them, the'll have to take them and that might be a tricky proposition. What are your thoughts? Anything to add? Any good versatile units I am missing out on?

Thoughts?

1000pts (1002pts)

HQ
Daemon Prince with Wings, Mark of Nurgle, Warptime
TROOPS
Plague Marines
8 Plague Marines with 2 meltaguns, Champion with powerfist
Rhino
TROOPS
Plague Marines
8 Plague Marines with 2 meltaguns, Champion with powerfist
Rhino
TROOPS
Plague Marines
8 Plague Marines with 2 flamers, Champion with powerfist
Rhino

1500pts (1502pts)
HQ
HQ
TROOPS
Plague Marines
7 Plague Marines with 2 meltaguns, Champion with powerfist
Rhino
TROOPS
Plague Marines
7 Plague Marines with 2 meltaguns, Champion with powerfist
Rhino
TROOPS
Plague Marines
7 Plague Marines with 2 flamers, Champion with powerfist
Rhino
TROOPS
Plague Marines
7 Plague Marines with 2 flamers, Champion with powerfist
Rhino
HEAVY SUPPORT
Havocs
6 Chaos Space Marines with 3 missile launchers

Zerib

Zerib

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts
This is all just my personal opinion but I wouldn't add another HQ until around 1850 or 2k. Plague Marines follow Nurgle who's sacred number is 7 if that is what you are going for but in all honesty pm squads don't NEED 8 they are fine with 7. I would drop the havoc squad and put in obiterators as they are much better.

nurglez

nurglez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts
The thing is, pure DG armies generally lack the sort of hard hitting power that 2 daemon princes bring.

obviously, 10 WS7 STR6 attacks that can reroll to hit and to wound, are gonna do more damage then 5 :)

I too would agree with losing the havoc's, though while oblitorators are some of the best heavy weapon platforms that chaos can get, I dont like using them myself. Though without them, you lack long range fire power, and dont know what else to suggest apart from oblitorators

chillin

chillin

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,574 posts
I can't say I really see anything wrong with your list. All nurgle is tough but expensive so you don't have as many bodies as say an undivided force, that could be part of it. I definately would not add another HQ at 1500 as I think low #'s might be part of your problem anyway.
Maybe you just need to change your tactics some when fighting eldar. I noticed you don't have xtra armor on your rinos, I think it's worth it to keep the rinos rolling., that might help. As you said you've played him several times and know how he beats you, try to think a turn or two ahead to try and counter what you know he's going to do.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts
i would alway trade one psychic power for rot . nurgle armies need all the anti horde they can get.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."