Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1st post: 1850 Tournament Zerker/Noise Mix

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

tastytaste

tastytaste

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 184 posts
Going to a Tourney in a month. Their is a large comp score component so trying not to go totally tooled out fare.

HQ:

Khârn
Chaos Lord with Melta Bombs, Lightning Claws, Wings, Mok
Troops:

9 Zerkers w/ champ powerfist

(2) 9 Noise Marines no sonic w/Noise Champ w/ Doom Siren & Power weapon + Rhino

7 Raptors w/2 melta w/Champ Lightning Claws, Melta Bombs, Mok

Land Raider for Khârn and Zerkers /w extra armor

(2) 2 Oblits

pts 1849

So the plan is to use the Rhino's and Land raider to screen the Raptors and Oblits. Pop tanks as I go duel charge with Zerkers and Raptors rinse and repeat. Open to suggestions that do not involve Lash Princes.

Thanks, Nick

Edited by tastytaste, 10 April 2009 - 06:08 PM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DarKHaZZ13

DarKHaZZ13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,276 posts
ifs hes going with the zerkas drop the pack
especially if hes gonna be raider mounted...

a nice varient from the usual lash pronce list like
no idea how well it'll do though

-DH- Innocence proves nothing

Twitch Channel & YouTube Channel

Commission Painting Instagram - The Underhive Forge

Hobby Blog - The Underhive Hero

Personal Instagram
Personal Blog - The Science of Selling Yourself Short

chillin

chillin

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,574 posts
I don't get the NM's outfitted for hth, they will never be as good in hth as the brzrkrs.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts
yep that true.

as other stuff goes.

Chaos Lord with Melta Bombs, Lightning Claws, Jump Pack MoS

wing not jump pack , if LC then icon of khorn not slanesh.

10 Raptors w/2 melta w/Champ Lightning Claws

to big . hard to hide and its easier to bog it down [also if a unit cant be beaten by 8 raptors and an HQ then its probablly not wise to charge it with 10 and the same hq] dead against any walker/wright lord/MC. if a HQ joins a unit then the asp champion always has a fist [not that in most cases the fist isnt the best choice anyway].

2) 9 Noise Marines no sonic w/Noise Champ w/ Doom Siren + Rhino

and not even a power weapon ? its an assault unit that will get close it needs a fist . also much weaker at hth then the zerker units costing same points.

Generally list a bad one.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

tastytaste

tastytaste

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 184 posts
The Noise Marines are not for hth they are for shooting and holding objectives. I want to stay in the Rhinos as long as possible and flame from the fire points. With the points I saved from dropping some Raptors and moving some points around I gave the Noise Champs Power Weapons. I love the suggestion for the Lord and Raptors make them smaller and give them MoK sounds like a good plan.

Check my edit and tell me what you think. I am not too concerned about Walkers with Oblits and LR and Zerks/Khârn.

Edited by tastytaste, 10 April 2009 - 07:01 PM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

minigun762

minigun762

++ PHYSICUS DEMENTER ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,981 posts

Going to a Tourney in a month. Their is a large comp score component so trying not to go totally tooled out fare.

If this is the case, you might consider that a Khorne/Slaanesh army doesn't appear too fluffy. Not sure if the Comp scoring will count that however.

Khârn
Troops:

Too many HQs who aren't Daemon Princes. I'd lose one and use the points elsewhere.

9 Zerkers w/ champ powerfist
Land Raider for Khârn and Zerkers /w extra armor

Not bad, fast, scary and not horribly expensive.

I will admit that after alot of discussion with Jeske, I'm agreeing that assault oriented Noise Marines just aren't worth it. You're spending alot for that template where as you could have a very similar squad by using Terminators, Heavy Flamer and Icon of Slaanesh. Its not scoring but its alot cheaper.
Its reinforcing the fact that Noise Marines = Sonic Blasters with the Blastmaster as optional.
You could get a similar squad by going with 10 CSMs, 2 Flamers and a Rhino (Champion good but optional, especially if you take Terminators). The unit will be stronger against horde then a Doom Siren and still solid against MEQs.
Doom Siren on 6 MEQs = 4 dead
2 Flamers on 6 MEQs each = 2 dead

I don't like the Meltaguns and Claws. I'd rather see Melta/Power Fist or Flamers/Claws.

(2) 2 Oblits

fine
Posted Image

chillin

chillin

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,574 posts

The Noise Marines are not for hth they are for shooting and holding objectives.

But you didn't give them sonics so they shoot just like csm's but with no special or heavy weops.
I'm afraid I'm not seeing your logic.

tastytaste

tastytaste

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 184 posts

The Noise Marines are not for hth they are for shooting and holding objectives.

But you didn't give them sonics so they shoot just like csm's but with no special or heavy weops.
I'm afraid I'm not seeing your logic.

I have found that Fearless and Initiative 5 pays for itself many times over. Just being able to stay in combat an extra round has won me many games that otherwise would of lost to do running off the table and anytime I reduce the amount of attacks coming at me has been a godsend. I figure why get sonic weapons if I am going to be driving up in a Rhino and jumping out anyway usually putting me within 12 for double tap. When I go for sonic weapons I want to make sure I am using the Heavy option, I just find them otherwise a waste. Also just trying to stay in Rhino as long as I can and just Doom Siren.

Edited by tastytaste, 11 April 2009 - 01:14 AM.

tastytaste

tastytaste

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 184 posts

If this is the case, you might consider that a Khorne/Slaanesh army doesn't appear too fluffy. Not sure if the Comp scoring will count that however.

Khârn
Troops:

Too many HQs who aren't Daemon Princes. I'd lose one and use the points elsewhere.

I will admit that after alot of discussion with Jeske, I'm agreeing that assault oriented Noise Marines just aren't worth it. You're spending alot for that template where as you could have a very similar squad by using Terminators, Heavy Flamer and Icon of Slaanesh. Its not scoring but its alot cheaper.
Its reinforcing the fact that Noise Marines = Sonic Blasters with the Blastmaster as optional.
You could get a similar squad by going with 10 CSMs, 2 Flamers and a Rhino (Champion good but optional, especially if you take Terminators). The unit will be stronger against horde then a Doom Siren and still solid against MEQs.
Doom Siren on 6 MEQs = 4 dead
2 Flamers on 6 MEQs each = 2 dead

I don't like the Meltaguns and Claws. I'd rather see Melta/Power Fist or Flamers/Claws.

1.Trying to stay away from DPs, I understand how great they are though

2. This paticular tourney I know that 1/2 of the armies will be MEQs so I am sorta meta gaming the situation hence why Doom Siren over other things Also in my other post I make my case for EC over CSM. I like CSM Termies but not sweeping advance against new Marines has hurt me many times.

3. Raptors yeah you are correct with MoK I need to get the fist in there not Claws will change that. I am all about reduntancy here I know that my oblits and LR should pop the tanks I want to assuslt the goodies in but those Meltas have earned there strips many timers.

thanks, Nick