Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 PT WORLDEATERS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

Kharnifex

Kharnifex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
chop it up tear it down, but most of all, teach me something! i would love to see someone really shoot holes in this list. i learn a lot from others showing my gaps and flaws in my logic so any and all reply's are greatly appreciated. please don't pull any punches.

Is it too predictable?
Siegfried (Lord)
MOK, LC
Corprus (Sorcerer)
M.O.N. Nurgles Rot
8x Keegans Fist (Zerkers)
Icon
Champ w/Powerfist
Rhino w/Combi-Melta
8x Vlads Fist (Zerkers)
Icon
Champ w/Powerfist
Rhino w/Combi-Melta
8x Skaals Fist (Zerkers)
Icon
Champ w/Powerfist
Rhino w/Combi-Melta
8x Krugers Fist (Zerkers)
Icon
Champ w/Powerfist
Rhino w/Combi-Melta
5x Embers Tankhunters (Termies)
4x Combi-Meltas
1x Champ W/Chainfist & Heavyflamer
5x Smoulders Tankhunters (Termies)
4x Combi-Meltas
Defiler 2x DCCW
Defiler 2x DCCW

Brother Gothard

Brother Gothard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,917 posts
This list has way too many combi-meltas! Either drop all those combi meltas or change them to combi flamers to help with horde armies. Between the defilers and the terminators, you probably have a decent enough amount of anti-tank.

Speaking of the terminators, I think you can make them much more efficient than they are. 5 men in a unit is not enough to win large assaults, nor is it enough to weather enemy fire. Therefore, I recommend you change them to termi-cide squads: 3 units of: 3 Terminators: 3x combi-melta. It will come out to be cheaper and also better at killing tanks (in my opinion).

Next, your HQ could use come tweaking. Honestly I think all HQ choices need Wings. Even with wings, they can still ride in Rhinos, and on the occasions where you dont want that, they can fly around the battle picking their targets.

Dunno. Seems like there are lots and lots of point to be squeezed from this list to make it more efficient.
"And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking and racing to come up behind you again"

PlagueWarriorOfDeath

PlagueWarriorOfDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts
First off, think of a better way to space out your list it is very crowded like this and sometimes difficult to read. It's fine naming your squads and everything, just don't do it when you're putting up a list for everyone to see, it makes it more cluttered and harder t read.

Siegfried (Lord)
MOK, LC

Corprus (Sorcerer)
M.O.N. Nurgles Rot

I agree, these need wings. Nurgle sorcerers I think defeat the purpose of the sorcerer. Rot is a nice power to have but it isn't that useful that the sorcerer has only that power. Warptime and mark of Slannesh would be a much better build and cost you about the same points.

8x Keegans Fist (Zerkers)
Icon
Champ w/Powerfist
Rhino w/Combi-Melta

8x Vlads Fist (Zerkers)
Icon
Champ w/Powerfist
Rhino w/Combi-Melta

8x Skaals Fist (Zerkers)
Icon
Champ w/Powerfist
Rhino w/Combi-Melta

8x Krugers Fist (Zerkers)
Icon
Champ w/Powerfist
Rhino w/Combi-Melta

Lose the Icons. You don't need them. The combi-Melta's are overkill on every rhino, you'd be better off with combi flamers to soften up targets before the Zerkers charge into the fray.

5x Embers Tankhunters (Termies)
4x Combi-Meltas

5x Smoulders Tankhunters (Termies)
4x Combi-Meltas

What are these supposed to be doing? Choose one dedicated objective for them (either termicide or fire support etc.) and deck them out to do just that.

Defiler 2x DCCW

Defiler 2x DCCW

Not bad, these provide a rather tasty target to distract the opponent from shooting your rhinos and vice-versa.
In war, you needn't make worry about making mistakes, simply wait for your opponent to make one.

"The Emperor is dead, yet you grovel at a corpse in hopes of salvation. There is no salvation in the course you currently travel, only death. Embrace the powers and live on for eternity!"

Kharnifex

Kharnifex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
the termies are tank hunters, they have heavy flamers cause well, who can resist a 5 pt heavy flamer right?

i'm working on an updated list, stay tuned!!

chillin

chillin

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,574 posts
I agree, having squad names, character names etc., is too much to sift through to try and find out what's going on with the list. Just make it a pain in the arse.