Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1850 Daemon list

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

ExarPucc

ExarPucc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts
HQ -
Keeper of Secrets - Might, Musk, Pavane 260
Bloodthirster - Might - 270

Elites -
Flamers x6 - Bolt - 210
Bloodcrushers x4 - Fury, Icon, Instrument - 200

Troops -
Plaguebearers x5 - 75
Plaguebearers x5 - 75
Bloodletters x10 - 160

Heavy -
Soulgrinder - Phlegm - 160
Daemon Prince - Flight, Iron Hide, MoN, Cloud of Flies, Noxious Touch - 215
Daemon Prince - Flight, Iron Hide, MoN, Cloud of Flies, Noxious Touch - 215

Comes to 1840.

I've got a little flexibility in the list. Would double grinder be more advantageous than double prince? 4 MCs is a lot, and there's a lot of MEQ and soon to be a TON of IG in my area (Say 20-30% player base come new codex).

As is, building this list will require only 7 more models than what I already have as well, which is kind of ideal. 5 bearers, the KoS, and another prince and I'm set. Comments?
Crimson Fists - Battle Company plus 1st company assets.
Daemones - 2000 points
Space Wolves - 1500 points

tastytaste

tastytaste

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 185 posts
I would double Soul Grind if I were you having some shooting beyond Flamers will really keep your opponent from bunching up. Daemons work best when they can isolate squads and kill piece meal. You really need to boost those Plaguebearer squads if you want any chance. I would just drop the blood letters since you have blood crushers and enough CC with your HQs. Those are my minor suggestions.

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
Drop pavane from the keeper, he should be fleeting, not shooting. Get blessing on that 'thirster, it's a bargain at 5 points. Your elites are good, I'm still not entirely convinced flamers are best used in large numbers, but give it a go and see how it works out. Even though I love my princes, I'd probably drop one for another 'grinder with phlegm since 'grinders should always be run in pairs.

With the points left over I'd bump up the plaguebearers to 7 each, and add in anything else that takes your fancy with the last 25 points, maybe another icon on the plaguebearers.

rockdeity

rockdeity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts
in some cases pavanne is better than fleet. Why move towards an enemy 1d6 when you can move 3 squads of them toward you at 1d6?

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
Only the Masque can do three at once and she dies to a single round of lasguns. Normal pavane users can only hit one, if they hit. Don't forget it's not a guaranteed move, whereas fleet is.