Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[1500][Death Guard]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

Wolfsrage

Wolfsrage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,044 posts
Thinking about fielding something like this:

Death Guard - 1500

Demon Prince - 175
Wings, MoN, Warptime

Demon Prince - 175
Wings, MoN, Warptime

8 Plague Marines - 249
2 Plasmaguns, Rhino

8 Plague Marines - 249
2 Plasmaguns, Rhino

8 Plague Marines - 249
2 Plasmaguns, Rhino

Predator - 130
Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons

Predator - 130
Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons

Vindicator - 125

Total - 1482

Thoughts?

Edited by Wolfsrage, 16 April 2009 - 10:02 PM.

chillin

chillin

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,574 posts
I'm not a fan of those preds, but all things considered the list looks solid.

EDIT : I didn't realize you had no champs until Plague said something. Yea, if any squad can gp w/out a champ it's a rapid firing plaz squad, but no champs at all might be pushing it.

Edited by chillin, 17 April 2009 - 03:31 AM.

PlagueWarriorOfDeath

PlagueWarriorOfDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts
You may want to change one of the plasma squads to meltaguns and give the units a champion with a power fist, as if something hits them with combat they will die, especially against power weapons and such. Other than that it looks good.
In war, you needn't make worry about making mistakes, simply wait for your opponent to make one.

"The Emperor is dead, yet you grovel at a corpse in hopes of salvation. There is no salvation in the course you currently travel, only death. Embrace the powers and live on for eternity!"

Wolfsrage

Wolfsrage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,044 posts
Anything else? I'll post a revised list soon.

Revised list

Death Guard - 1500

Demon Prince - 150
Wings, MoN, Warptime

Demon Prince - 150
Wings, MoN, Warptime

8 Plague Marines - 289
Champion with Powerfist, 2 Plasmaguns, Rhino

8 Plague Marines - 289

8 Plague Marines - 279
Champion with Powerfist, 2 Meltaguns, Rhino

Predator - 165
TL Lascannon, Lascannon Sponsons

Predator - 165
TL Lascannon, Lascannon Sponsons

Total - 1487

Edited by Wolfsrage, 17 April 2009 - 05:57 PM.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts
why las preds ? is it fluff , because game wise they are 165pts of stuned rhino that shots maybe one time per battle and even then probablly not with all weapons[aka with one]?

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

Wolfsrage

Wolfsrage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,044 posts

why las preds ? is it fluff , because game wise they are 165pts of stuned rhino that shots maybe one time per battle and even then probablly not with all weapons[aka with one]?

I'll just have to rely on my Armor 13 for a turn. There are 2 Predators and 2 Demon Princes with Wings. I imagine they'll get to "shot" at least a few times per battle. For 65 less points, I could take an Autocannon and 2 HBs but I really don't think I need any more anti-troop fire.

In 40k, every unit can see nearly every enemy unit the entire game. I shouldn't have any trouble remaining stationary and firing all 3 weapons.

Oh and I don't own any Obliterators. They are simply too expensive. $$$

Edited by Wolfsrage, 18 April 2009 - 02:23 AM.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts

I'll just have to rely on my Armor 13 for a turn.

considering all armies run around with deep strike/drop pods/outflankers/attack bikes etc having 13av on the front doesnt help much , specially as in most cases you will be hit by melta weapons [bigger chance of penetration] or multi shot stuff[like 5 plasma double taping side or zyllion of shots from war walkers].

In 40k, every unit can see nearly every enemy unit the entire game.

yes , but if someone build his army well he will have 0 problems with stuning them each turn [that if he doesnt blow them up]

I shouldn't have any trouble remaining stationary and firing all 3 weapons.

with rhino walls blocking LoS , so many fast moving armies etc no i dont think you can be static and fire all 3 weapons , but then again I dont believe a pred remains unstuned for more then 2 turns max[thats if you started].

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

Wolfsrage

Wolfsrage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,044 posts
Unfortunately, I completely forgot to account for the Rhinos blocking LOS. Fortunately, you caught that ahead of time. :P

I see your points, and taking them into consideration, here is a revised list! I don't own any Obliterators but could represent the three I would need.

Revised list

Death Guard - 1500

Demon Prince - 150
Wings, MoN

Demon Prince - 150
Wings, MoN

7 Plague Marines - 266

7 Plague Marines - 246
Champion with Powerfist, 2 Flamers, Rhino

7 Plague Marines - 256
Champion with Powerfist, 2 Meltaguns, Rhino

3 Obliterators - 225

Predator - 100
Autocannon, HB Sponsons

Predator - 100
Autocannon, HB Sponsons

Total - 1493

Edited by Wolfsrage, 19 April 2009 - 05:21 AM.

Brother Gothard

Brother Gothard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,917 posts
Between list 1 and list 2, I think 2 is the clear winner. You have traded 3 wounds and 6 immobile lascannons for 6 wounds and 3 mobile lascannons.

Either list really is not bad at all.
"And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking and racing to come up behind you again"

aberrant_unc

aberrant_unc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts
Drop the fist champ from the plasma squad (you don't need a fist in all three, especially with 2 DPs for countercharging)

Use those points to get psychic powers on one or more DP. Nurgle's rot on both or warptime on one.