Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1850 Deathguard

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

veidin

veidin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 212 posts
Using my 1500 Deathguard I would like to get a 1850 army ready as well.

2 DP, Wings, Nurgle, Rot - 330 pts

7 PM, Champ, PF, Flamers - 211
7 PM, Champ, PF, Meltas - 221
7 PM, Champ, PF, Meltas - 221

3 Rhinos - 105 pts

6 Obliterators - 450 pts

3 Terminators, 3 Combi Meltas - 105 pts

TOTAL: 1643 pts

That leaves me with about 200 points to spare. Any recommendations for those points for what to add or take away etc? I figure another Termicide squade and bring them both to 4 Termies, and give the 4th ones H Flamers. Either way lemme know any thoughts. I have armour, such as a L Raider, 2 Vindis, a Defiler, and a Dakka Pred, but Im kinda steering clear of those since the Deathguard rarely used armour.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts
yes,termicid.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

Iron_Chaos_Brute

Iron_Chaos_Brute

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,013 posts
As jeske said, more termicide.
2 more should do it (and fill out points).
There is no surer way to get me to tear your army list up for you than claiming that it's unbeatable.

Named Disciple of the Minigun by Minigun762, November 1st, 2009.

QUOTE (Lord_Caerolion @ Sep 8 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Yeah, these are my Night Lords. The Lord worships Slaanesh, and is a Daemon Prince who can scare people where he wants them to go. And this is his twin, another Slaaneshi Prince, who can do the same."

QUOTE (chillin @ Nov 2 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you play a lot of retards?

Check out my blog at: http://ironchaosbrute.blogspot.com

DemetriiTZ

DemetriiTZ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts
Icons would also be a fine plan, in case your Termicide targets come to you, and you'd like accurate Deepstrikes (esp. with squads of Obliterators).

veidin

veidin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 212 posts
Not a bad idea DemetriiTZ but here's a question. In these armies etc, should I be Deep Striking the Oblits in as well as Termies? I usually deploy them to begin with to shoot down transports etc.

12gaugeDPG

12gaugeDPG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts
the jeske- i would say do not deepstrike the oblits. have them in cover if you can from turn 1, shooting the enemy- its what they are good at.
keep the deepstriking temicide units as cheap as poss, they are throw away after all- maybe an icon or two on the plague marines to help bring them in where you what them.

DemetriiTZ

DemetriiTZ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts
I'm not going to tell you to always Deepstrike obliterators, or always keep them on the table. Both are wrong. What you DO want is the option of Deepstriking them, if you see the need to do so. Each battle will be different, so the same technique isn't going to always work. Goes for deployment, too. Deepstriking Obliterators isn't always a bad idea.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts

the jeske- i would say do not deepstrike the oblits. have them in cover if you can from turn 1, shooting the enemy- its what they are good at.
keep the deepstriking temicide units as cheap as poss, they are throw away after all- maybe an icon or two on the plague marines to help bring them in where you what them.

in what scenario or against what match up . oblits die either from mulit shot weapons [war walkers] and then cover doesnt help at all or from instant death stuff and if and eldar wants to kill oblits he will try to do it in one turn of shoting and most eldar builds do have enough fire power to do that. Now if all that happens on turn 2/3 , when I shot with oblits+termicid, and csm are in range of melta its cool . when he does that on turn 1 [and lets face it we dont always get cover for the whole army and even if oblits arent static they still only move d6" per turn] am in big trouble. deep striking 4/5 units with melta/lascanons gives me chance to avoide all that.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."