Steve Irwin's Death Guard Force

Steve Irwin

Edit topic heading by Insane Psychopath: NO selling through our fourms

Hey people, I doubt many of you will know me very well, as I usually hang around on the Dark Angel topics. But that doesn

Edited by Insane Psychopath

Ok, there is no Fast Attack to show you, as this is a (hopefully) fluffy Death Guard force, so fast stuff is a no no.

But Heavy Support is (hopefully) a yes yes, and so I went and got three...

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/Steve--Irwin/3rdVindicator.jpg

One.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/Steve--Irwin/2ndVindicator.jpg

Two.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/Steve--Irwin/1stVindicator.jpg

Three.

Finally, my Apocalypse stuff (it

Edited by Steve Irwin

A very nice army indeed. I agree with you on the dreads. They look very good. What kind of models are the deamons?

Thanks! :)

The Daemons are represented by Vampire Counts Crypt Ghouls.

They are hella cheap (10 Ghouls for £12!), and really easy to make, and I think represent Plague Bearers quite well.

You can use these or wait until the new plastic Plague Bearers are released sometime later this year.

Steve

Edited by Steve Irwin

I just finished putting together my Lesser Deamons as Ghouls last week! Damn and I thought I was the only one using them. I really like your deathguard way better then mine. I am a little scared of the plague reaper main gun...

Lovely looking army there, though, I dislike plasmagun DG, prefer flamers or meltaguns.

Also, 3 vindicators, is just nasty, I'm tempted to buy another 2 so i can field 3 of those babies too. Though i'd have to lose a landraider.....

I did something similar to your dreads, though my vehicle paint scheme is alot more basic then yours and mine are unfinished too..

Keep up spreading the plague!

Wow!

Thanks for all the kind comments! They are much appreciated! :lol:

It’s been a while since I checked back here, but in my absence I have managed to paint up that W.I.P Rhino that you saw, and I’m half way to finishing Scabieathrax the Bloated, I will post pictures up when he is finished (of him and the Rhino). So watch this space!! :D

Cheers!

Steve

I love the first dread! What did you use to create the "face"?

Thanks! :) I actually used a spare piece from the Baneblade kit, if I can recall, it’s one of the engine covers. It is meant to have hinges on, but I snipped them off.

Hopefully I can update the topic soon with those pictures of the finished Rhino (<--- done) and Scabieathrax (<--- half done -_- ), he should be finished by this Sunday, as he is going to be used in an Apocalypse game to chew on some Salamanders... ;)

Cheers!

Steve

Ok, after a long wait on your behalf (thank you!), I have finally finished both the 4th Rhino and the Forge World Great Unclean One.

I will be using both of these alongside the rest of my force today in an Apocalypse game (I will try and take pictures ;) ), and it should be really good fun!

Anyhow, on to the pictures!

Here is the 4th (and final) Rhino, nothing special really (please excuse the skewed picture).

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/Steve--Irwin/4thRhino.jpg

Next up is the Great Unclean One, and if I may say, I

You know those open weeping sores and coiled purple shiny intestines look awful – well done !! I just know I'm gonna have nightmares tonight. Great Deathguard, I love the zombies.

Cheers

I

Thank you kind sirs for your comments! They are much appreciated! ^_^

what are your plans for the future? how many points worth do you plan to get and what are the projects next on your list?

phill

Well Phill, my Death Guard are actually now finished, and are sitting pretty at just under 6000 pts.

I don’t really plan on getting anything else for my Death Guard, although, I always wanted to get a Daemon Prince, after hearing about how nasty they are!! :devil: But that purchase is for another time... :P

For now, I have my Dark Angel force that needs painting up, and that force dwarfs this Death Guard one, at 9000 pts it’s going to be one hell of a feat... :D

You can see all the details on my other topic, just click the first link in my signature.

Thanks everyone again for your kind words, it’s nice to know my painting is being enjoyed by people!!

Cheers

Steve

6000pts! gulp.

an army shot would be awesome! (you can also post i in the thread at the top of this page :blush: )

I am planning to go apoc with my DG force too so seeing an army like yours will only help me through those dark days :)

thanks

phill.

ps. good luck with the DA! wow. :)

umumumum....:eek

I hate you! :wub: joking :D ... they are so AWESOME!

I was happy with my Death Guard but now, mmmm not so much... :( :eek

Great painting mahn :D.

Malatox, Disciple of Decay