Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Latest Going Chaos Marine Army - 1500

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Prince Draknir

Prince Draknir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts
This is my latest army list. 1500 points as you can see from the title.

HQ - 165
Lord
Daemon Weapon
Mark of Khorne
Combi-weapon
Wings

Elites - 265
5 Terminators
4 Champions
Mark of Khorne
4 Pairs of Lightning Claws
Heavy Flamer

Troops - 734
8 Thousand Sons
Socerer
Doombolt
Personal Icon

8 Noise Marines
7 Sonic Blasters
Blastmaster
Personal Icon

8 Noise Marines
7 Sonic Blasters
Blastmaster

Heavy Support - 335
7 Havoc Marines
4 Missile Launchers

Obliterator

Obliterator

TOTAL POINTS = 1499.

Let me know what you think and any advice is welcome, please.
"The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are and the Old Ones shall be. From the dark stars They came ere man was born, unseen and loathsome They descended to primal earth."

Extract from the Necronomicon.

Brother Gothard

Brother Gothard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,917 posts

Elites - 265
5 Terminators
4 Champions
Mark of Khorne
4 Pairs of Lightning Claws
Heavy Flamer

First thought: when I saw this I thought, "there had BETTER be a Land Raider when I scroll down to his heavy support section!!" :)

Do these do well for you on the table? I cant imagine they do well foot slogging, but then I cant imagine they do well deep striking, either.
"And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking and racing to come up behind you again"

Prince Draknir

Prince Draknir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts
I haven't actually used this army yet, but when I've deep striked before they've killed at least their share in point. I know Land Raiders are good but I don't have the money for one and I dont really wanna spend so many points on a vehicle as it will just soak up too much anti-tank shooting. I know it't got AV14 but I don't particularly want to take the risk.
"The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are and the Old Ones shall be. From the dark stars They came ere man was born, unseen and loathsome They descended to primal earth."

tastytaste

tastytaste

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 185 posts
I have no problem with the Termies as long as you using icons to deep strike them. What I am concerned about is No Rhinos for your guys. If you do not have them I understand then this army is not too bad for what you have. If you do have them you need to get those troops in them right away. It is going to be hard for your army to contest a objective on the other side of the board.

Prince Draknir

Prince Draknir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts
Nah, I don't have any Rhino's but I see what you mean. Thanks for the idea though.

DemetriiTZ

DemetriiTZ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts
335 points invested in Havocs, Terminators with no Land Raider, and no Rhinos for your squads.

:D

Against even a mediocre shooty army, I see you tabled by Turn 4. On objective missions, I see you slowly crawling forward as you are mowed down by every enemy gun on their side of the board. In CC, I see you failing horrifically.

I really see absolutely no upsides to this army, aside from Obliterators.

Completely revamp everything about this list, if you want to be competitive.

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
yeah really this is not good.
Rhinos always for you troop choices (or land raider).
Termies cheap with combis or a land raider is needed. But I would rather put berzerkers in a land raider.
Dont mix blastmaster with sonic blasters.
Khorne deamon weapon is unreliable and thus bad.

I remember people (including me) commenting on a list of yours some time ago, but you don't seem to have even listened a little to that advise. You are still doing a couple of the baddest things possible with this codex. I advise you to listen to advise and search trough this forum for some good list first before coming up with this kinda list.

Edited by Zhukov, 26 April 2009 - 10:32 AM.

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.