Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1700pts League List

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

th0r

th0r

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 139 posts
This is the current 1700pts list I'm using. Our league has recently gone up to 2000pts for some reason, so I'm wondering what I should add. I was thinking another squad of plague marines and bulk out the other squads.. but that seems a bit lame :P

Chaos Sorceror 125
-Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission

Dreadnought 105pts
-Multimelta, Heavy Flamer

Plague Marines x10 285pts
-1x Flamer, 1x Meltagun
-Champion with PF

Plague Marines x10 285pts
-1x Flamer, 1x Meltagun
-Champion with PF

Noise Marines x10 285pts
-Champion with PW, Doom Siren, Meltabomb
-Rhino

Noise Marines x6 160pts
-1x Blastmaster

Noise Marines x6 160pts
-1x Blastmaster

Vindicator 145
-daemonic possession

Obliterator x2 150pts

Total: 1700
Armies: Sanguine Dragons (Blood Angels), Noise Marines (CSM)

veidin

veidin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 212 posts
Noise marines need all sonic blasters, shooty dreads are not reliable due to FF, solo vindicators are not likely to make it past the first turn, and you have only 1 rhino to transport your army around. Unless you plan on your PM's footslogging to the enemy to shoot, I got a feeling your squads will get laid to waste quickly.

Jeske Im sure will see this and pick it apart since he plays an EC army with lash.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts
no hth tailored NM dont need sonic , in fact they need many things but sonics arent one of them. If NM as a hth unit are worth it [just to get syren] is another thing . What this list need is rhinos. drop one camper squad get rhinos or better drop the PMs to the size they should be used in [7/8 man]. also as there is no VPs anymore why take 6 man NM camper units ? if something kills 5 it will killl 6 too .

by droping those and the dread you can get a second lasher . ah and you are going to have problems with using a sorc and lash , specially as there is no unit for the sorc to hang out with.

dont mix specials . a single melta gun is not good enough against tanks and a single flamer doesnt do enough dmg against both horde and meq[remember orks are still T4].

as what to get for 200 pts . either two termicid squads [but those are more then 200 pts] or 2 more oblits.

list is not bad , but has a lot of slots when it burns too many points for not needed stuff.
also lack of anti IG/LR rush meta.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

th0r

th0r

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 139 posts
I'm going to have a rethink of the list but just some thoughts/questions.

First, I understand little of your short form like "IG/LR meta". If you mean Land Raiders, I would have thought the demolisher cannon, the multimelta on the dreadnought and obliterators with lascannons would have been good enough.

Second, the idea was for the sorcerer to move with the Plague Marines, since they are pretty good at surviving. I've used them a couple times in this new edition, and they've always come through for me. Which I guess is why when I try to build a pure Slaanesh force, they always end up in. I used to play an EC force and dominated with an all foot slogger force (with daemons of course). I definitely want to get another rhino, but for now I want to make do with what I've got.

What would be better for the 1700pts list, another sorcerer or another obliterator. I think at 2K I'm definitely going to have a second HQ.

Edit: Just a list I made. I hate how plague marines seem to corrupt every list I make. I honestly would like a pure Slaanesh force.

Chaos Sorceror 125

Dreadnought 105pts

Plague Marines x9 257pts
-2x Flamer
-Champion with PF

Plague Marines x9 257pts
-2x Flamer
-Champion with PF

Plague Marines x9 257pts
-2x Flamer
-Champion with PF

Noise Marines x8 245pts
-Rhino

Vindicator 145
-daemonic possession

Obliterator x2 150pts

Obliterator x2 150pts

Total: 1691

Edited by th0r, 26 April 2009 - 02:25 PM.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts
well I can think why you end up with the "pms corrupting my army"-thing . thing is 7 or 8 pms are just as tough as 10 man , but are
-easier to hide
-easier to get cover
-cost less points

as the sorc in pms thing . pms just like csm work best at 12" or smaller range . two specials and ultragrit give us edge over most other armies at this range . on the other hand lash is a power to most of the times is used to break up armies [bunch up guys hits with oblits , push back units like ork bikers , get units in to hvy terrain to slow them down etc] and work best on winged HQs[extra 12" of range on the spell] at 19"+ range. if you lash a unit away meltas or flamers from the pms unit dont shot[not in range] ,there is even a chance that bolter will no longer be in range . if pms double tap and dont kill your lasher ends up in hth and this means more offten then not one turn of using lash lost.

as anti tank goes. vindicators are too short range and too easy to kill specially as you run no tanks , no mass rhinos not even DP to draw fire away from them . ah and I think I said it a thousend times . look at vindis side armor. now think about drop pods, deep strikers , outflankers , chaos termicid , mulit melta attack bikes . doesnt look nice , does it?.
4 oblits are nice , but again remember that because oblits are so good they will die and unlike in normal chaos armies your opptions of shielding them are rather limited.
dreads because they go crazy arent a good choice for anti tank , you just cant be sure that on turn X when enemy is in range they dont decide to go crazy .Also just like with normal squads a single mulit melta isnt a good enough anti tank , to be sure that it does something you would have to run 2 dreads.

AS nm builds go . I play with a water warriors list 2 lash DPs 4 NM squads [3with sonics ,one with blaster camper units] 2 rhinos 6 oblits. Totally not as good the "normal" chaos list , but its a nice challange to play with it and its a bit different .

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

th0r

th0r

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 139 posts
I think the problem is NM cost so much at there base cost, and die just as easy as normal CSM. I've been away for basically 2 years and have played little 40k since the death of my EC army, but quite honestly this codex is giving me headaches, to the point where I'm eying my Eldar. I can't validate that NM are just as good as PM. Anyway heres another list. Obviously it's missing a lot of what you are saying, but at this point I highly doubt I'm going to buy something new for this army.

Chaos Sorceror 125

Dreadnought 105pts

Noise Marines x10 240pts
-8x Sonic Blasters

Noise Marines x10 240pts
-8x Sonic Blasters

Noise Marines x9 265pts
-Rhino

Noise Marines x5 140pts
-1x Blastmaster

Noise Marines x5 140pts
-1x Blastmaster

Vindicator 145
-daemonic possession

Obliterator x2 150pts

Obliterator x2 150pts

Total: 1700

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts
needs 2 lash , 2 rhinos to block LoS . no vindicator [too few tanks to make it worth ] . I really dont like the hth NM , they are really weaker then zerker units that cost the same points cost and you wont always get to use syren [at least without a LR and a LR with NM just doesnt make sense at all].
2 Lash hurt all no hood armies with the mass template [ 6 from oblits , 1/2 from blast masters depending on the build] , ok against horde . all the assault weapons you force a lot of saves on special weapon/sgts/asp champions + you can move around [effective range of 30" on move] . against eldar/tau/IG you always start with oblits in deep strike , if your runing termicid squads this gives 4/5 squads deep striking what gives a very nice counter against tanks/MC or LR builds . 50/50 chance to win against those armies may not be uber , but ok considering it work better against other armies then normal chaos . But I think , I wrote that already.