Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1750 Iron Warriors.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
Ok, I got the chaos codex the other day and decided to make an Iron Warrior army out of it, and this is what I got:

HQ:
Daemon prince with wings and doombolt. 140.

Elites:
6 chaos terminators with icon of chaos glory, combi-melta and single terminator champion with chainfist. 220.

Troops:
10 chaos space marines with icon of chaos glory, 2 meltaguns, aspiring champion with powerfist. Rhino. 255
10 chaos space marines with icon of chaos glory, 2 meltaguns, aspiring champion with powerfist. 220
8 Khorne berzerkers with skull champion with powerfist. Rhino. 243
8 summoned lesser daemons. 104.

Fast Attack:
5 chaos bikers with 2 meltaguns. 185.

Heavy Support:
Vindicator with extra armour. 140.
Predator with heavy bolter sponsons. 100.

Total: 1747.

I have no idea if it's fluffy, but it looks good(ish) to me. What I know I'm lacking is long range anti-tank, however I'm hoping the sheer number of melta weapons I took will make up for that. The bikers are my main tank hunters since they have the speed to close quickly and hit side armour.

The berzerkers and the CSM squad with the rhino will head forward with the vindicators backing them up. The predator will stay back and give mid-range fire support. Once I get in range the daemons will appear (if I'm lucky) and add a few more bodies to the assault.

The terminators will serve a dual role as general combat and limited anti-tank, but primarily will be used to hit heavily armoured infantry with their power weapons. The prince will support the advance of the mechanised units and the bikers.

The final squad, the non-mechanised CSM unit, will stay back and hold my objective while simultaneously defending my predator. If the enemy breaks though my lines I'll summon the daemons on them or support rather than the other unit, and the bikers will probably turn back and help out as well, depending on how many made it through.

Something I know I'll have trouble with is fast skimmers, like land speeders. But hopefully the bikers will be able to catch them or the predators autocannon will knock them from the sky. The new guard valkyrie could be a problem though...

Anyway, any thoughts on the list or tactics as a whole?

Oh, first a few things, I'm not taking any cult units other than that single units of 'zerkers, I won't use any marks or icons other than undivided, and I will NOT use a lash prince. Other than that I'm pretty open to ideas.

Note- Like all my lists, I'm posting this on multiple forums, so expect random changes.

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Hq: doombolt isnt worth it, it doesnt kill much and you are most of the time better of running to get into hth asap.
Termies: 1 combimelta is not doing much. Either 3 man termies w/ 3 combi or ...err well other sub par choices.
Troops: your second csm squad needs a rhino too.
Bikes: quite an expesnive (read: too expensive) squad for tank hunting. 3 man termi units w/ combi melta or 5 man raptors with 2 meltas or obliterators are better for this job. Generally bikes arent worth it in this codex.
Heavy: vindis need deamonic possesion instead of extra armour. This should be obvious if you look at it.

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.

redbaron998

redbaron998

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,399 posts
I would ditch a Terminator for a Rhino for that 2nd squad. Try to get in a 2nd Combi melta on the termies and Possession on the Vindies

And Id take Warptime instead of Doombolt on the DP anyday.
2000 Pt GK and 2000 Pt Eldar (Retired)

chillin

chillin

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,574 posts
Don't see the point of those bikers at all. A 3 man termicide squad cost 85 pts less and can't be killed or stopped on their way to the tank.
All csm's need rinos. Vindis need D. possession.
doombolt fine for a cheapy sorc, very subpar for DP. Give him WT or MoK.

Vandael

Vandael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 155 posts

HQ:
Daemon prince with wings and doombolt. 140.

I agree with the guys here, drop the DB and give him Warp time (155)

Elites:
6 chaos terminators with icon of chaos glory, combi-melta and single terminator champion with chainfist. 220.

Termicide is cheaper and more effective

Troops:
10 chaos space marines with icon of chaos glory, 2 meltaguns, aspiring champion with powerfist. Rhino. 255
10 chaos space marines with icon of chaos glory, 2 meltaguns, aspiring champion with powerfist. 220
8 Khorne berzerkers with skull champion with powerfist. Rhino. 243
8 summoned lesser daemons. 104.

Squad 1: solid
Squad 2: add rhino
Squad 3: solid
Squad 4: oké but fluffwise you can drop this an open points

Fast Attack:
5 chaos bikers with 2 meltaguns. 185.

Meh, quite exspensive squad. If you really want FA use raptors they are deadcheaper. I only bother taking bikes when they are attached to my Lord-biker (and he doesn't come out much)

Heavy Support:
Predator with heavy bolter sponsons. 100.

Vindicators need Daemonic possesion.
If you consider in dropping the bikes and the pred you can invest in a unit of 3 Oblits

So my advise would be:
Split up your termies in two squads with combies (add a PF or CF and/or heavyflamer for flavor)
Drop the bikes & predator
Give all your troops transports
Get some Obliterators

Anyway, it's only advise. I have no intention to tell you what you should take and how you should play the game. Changing the list too much also effects play. Just fiddle with it and see what you like best.

Cheers,

Vandael
IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!