Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

hey new to deamons with firt 1k list :P ADVICE please ^^

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,989 posts
ok please go easy, as all newcomers say ^^. My first and current army right now is bt and i want to move to deamons now. Also i still dont like tzeenech ( spelling mistakes XD ) and i wont play nurgle as i will get sick of seeing them XD let alone paint all that gore it creeps me out :).
and he it is :yuck:.

hq
Skarbrand

- ONE HQ UNIT
Masque
Skulltaker on a chariot
- ONE HQ UNIT

troops
5x deamonettes

5x pink horrors ( its the pink ones that are troops not the blue ones right? )
1x changling

heavy support
1x soul grinder
1x phglem ( another spelling mistake )

1x deamon prince
1x deamonic gaze
1x mark of slaneesh
1x the gaze thing that makes the opponent lost one attack in cc cant remember name

MY preffered usual tactic

1st wave ( desired wave )

1x deamon prince
1x deamonic gaze
1x mark of slaneesh
1x the gaze thing that makes the opponent lost one attack in cc cant remember name

- ONE HQ UNIT
Masque

Skulltaker on a chariot
- ONE HQ UNIT

1x soul grinder

( 2nd wave )

Skarbrand

5x deamonettes

5x pink horrors ( its the pink ones that are troops not the blue ones right? )
1x changling

Last thing as well the chariot of khorne replaces the skulltakers independence rule with the FC rule ( which he has already ) thus allowing me to take not only khorne troops but from any other of the gods realms.

For this tactic my first wave will shoot at will, as it is the shooty element of my army , while my slaneesh dancer will move units about or group them up for my sou grinder to much up in one pghlem round( at a roll of 6 on the dice hopefully ).
the rest of the second wave will go for any objectives of vulnerable points. and for any units hiding from from that are elite will face skarband dropping on them or just the skulltaker. I gave the deamon prince mark of slaneesh so he can deal with high Initiate squads e.g. genestealer or broodlord, ealier in the list i had two pghlem soul grinders but couldnt work around points.

Or....

If the gods dont like me...
The changling will hopfully have targeted someone, e.g. a vindi :P and they fail the ldship ( which i highly doubt ) them i get mega bonus, they will shoot at any vuleranble parts of the army and i will try to keep them within LOS of only TWO enemy squads and place the deamons in some cover where their is no LOS to them at all and Skarbrand absords fire and wrecks everything and anything he can find ^^.

this is the first list that was talking about earlier. this is what i would of chosen ( with modifications )

hq
Skarbrand

- ONE HQ UNIT
Masque

a herlad of khorne on a chariot?
- ONE HQ UNIT

troops
5x deamonettes

5x deamonettes

heavy support
1x soul grinder

heavy support
1x soul grinder

preferred tactic

1st wave ( desired wave ) 560

- ONE HQ UNIT
Masque

a herlad of khorne on a chariot?
- ONE HQ UNIT

1x soul grinder
1x phglem

Skarbrand

( 2nd wave ) 300 points

1x soul grinder
1x phglem

5x deamonettes

5x deamonettes

this list i wanted the skulltaker so much on a chariot but i was 25 points and i wanted to have deamonettes not soilders of khorne to capture objectives or slice up termis.
i move have 140 points to juggle with this list if i get the herlad of khorne he must have the chariot i dont want him to have a judgenaught cos it cost 10 points more and i dont really want a herald of slanneesh cos i want another cc monstrosity ( thats why i wanted skulltaker so much ) however if i cant get the type of herald of khorne that i want then i would happily for a herald of slaneesh.
thanks
antique_nova

Edited by antique_nova, 27 April 2009 - 03:22 PM.

Competitive list builder who lives, breathes and plays in Grand Tournaments.

My current strongest lists:

http://www.bolterand...arine-lists-2k/

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
Can you put it in the normal HQ, elites etc format? It's really hard to read like that. Oh, and don't separate your waves until first turn, battlefield conditions affect how you want to split your forces. I'll offer advice on the list when I can actually read it.

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,989 posts
ok, i decided to display it like that because i thought it would make it easier.

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
Ok, two very important things to know: 1) Skarbrand needs a properly built army, and should be used at higher points values anyway. 2) 5 daemonettes will DIE. They won't even get close to the enemy. If you take 'nettes you use squads of 16-20, not 5.

The dancers name is the Masque. But seriously, you need a LOT more points in your troops and a lot less in HQ.

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,989 posts
i know but im just lazy :P, the only reason i want a deamon army is cos of the hq ^^. i doubt very much that i can play a deamon army without these lovely hq choices ;).

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts

i know but im just lazy

and people may be too lazy to coment on the list.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,989 posts
lol, take it easy mate, ive made a new list after tzeenech gave me common sense once again! hooray ;). new list is up now ^^.
thanks
antique_nova