Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500pts Slaanesh Tourny List

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Deffskull

Deffskull

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts
Hello,

Here is a Tourny list I came up with. The Noise Marines are formed into 3 squads with 8 men per squad and all basic noise marines have sonic blasters. C&C are most welcome.

Daemon Prince-155
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Torment
Wings

Sorcerer-150
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Torment
Jump Pack
Melta Bombs

3x(8)Noise Marines-690
Champion-
Power Weapon
Sonic Blaster
Melta Bombs

4xObliterator-300

Dreadnought-100
Extra CC Weapon

3xRhino-105

Total Points

Total Troops

I added in another oblit and melt bombs in the squads and on the scorcer.

Edited by Deffskull, 27 April 2009 - 10:45 PM.

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
well this is starting to look at something.
Try making some wings and give those to both your prince and sorcerer.

Blastmaster is not needed is the noise marine squads.
You can take 1/2 5 man noise marine squads with blastmaster only for objective camping.
Generally: sonic blasters = no blast master and vica versa.

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.

JamesI

JamesI

++ OBITUS CAELESTIE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 14,137 posts
Don't post the cost for the upgrades, just the unit totals.

gallery_26_4045_8286.gif

tastytaste

tastytaste

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 185 posts
The Sorc does not need wings if it is riding with marines use those points elsewere. Like give one squad a doom siren just in case of lots of MEQs.

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
yes he does, hq's always need wings. You will not ride the whole game in a rhino. I'm not even going into detail on this one.

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.

tastytaste

tastytaste

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 185 posts

yes he does, hq's always need wings. You will not ride the whole game in a rhino. I'm not even going into detail on this one.

No please go into detail? Maybe in 4th I would put wings since he cannot be auto killed as easily once roaming? Why not just get another DP? The idea of the Sorc is too hide with the marines not go around inviting death. I could be missing something so please let me know how you use him with wings or jump pack?

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts

No please go into detail

6" move means shorter range of lash , it also means he cant support more then one unit unless you pile your unit on top of each other[what is a bad thing to do] . sometimes after getting off the rhinos [or walking NM offten walk behind rhinos] you will want to draw a unit to blast it or push a unit away even at the cost of losing the HQ[death is a normal thing for lash hqs] , specially if those units are fast and long range[nob bikers for example]. and then wings give you more options.
also the point of a sorc is not the lash [or rather not mainlly ], its the sometimes used force weapon . a 18" buffor zone over your units gives you a nice counter unit that can instant death [stuff that can be instant deathed] . you dont want the sorc to walk around with NM , because NM dont want to end up in hth ever [unless its something really small or weak] , becaues the sorc is a hth unit.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

tastytaste

tastytaste

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 185 posts

No please go into detail

6" move means shorter range of lash , it also means he cant support more then one unit unless you pile your unit on top of each other[what is a bad thing to do] . sometimes after getting off the rhinos [or walking NM offten walk behind rhinos] you will want to draw a unit to blast it or push a unit away even at the cost of losing the HQ[death is a normal thing for lash hqs] , specially if those units are fast and long range[nob bikers for example]. and then wings give you more options.
also the point of a sorc is not the lash [or rather not mainlly ], its the sometimes used force weapon . a 18" buffor zone over your units gives you a nice counter unit that can instant death [stuff that can be instant deathed] . you dont want the sorc to walk around with NM , because NM dont want to end up in hth ever [unless its something really small or weak] , becaues the sorc is a hth unit.

Still why not get a DP instead? A good player will tag that Sorc the second it is away from its squad. The benefit for the sorc with wings is just way too situational. If the sorc is not to lash the opponent will sure think it is and plan accordingly. Also if its point is not to Lash give it wind of chaos or warptime if its job is character hunting? I do see your points I just do not think it is at all worth it.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts

Still why not get a DP instead?

because the guy wants to play sorc/dp. we are not talking here about whats better , but what kind of tactics are used for a sorc and if its possible to have a working HQ [sorc] without wings and it isnt.

Also if its point is not to Lash give it wind of chaos or warptime if its job is character hunting?

no the main focus of the sorc is not the lash , its the abilty to leap frog from unit to unit and give force weapon support [and use lash if its possible] . giving a slanesh sorc warptime or wings makes no sense as he cant use the psychic power and force weapon on the same turn .
. if someone want to go HQ hunting then its better to take a winged lord.

I do see your points I just do not think it is at all worth it.

yes , but if someone cant/doesnt use 2dps a winged sorc is better then one without wings.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."