Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My 2nd deamon list, one that is more appropriate. 1k points

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,989 posts
ok after thinking the entire army again, i came up with this much more improved list and i could easily slaughter my first list if youve seen it.

2x Herald of Tzeenech
2x chariot
2x breath of chaos
2x mastery of sorcery

2x Herald of Tzeenech
2x chariot
2x breath of chaos
2x mastery of sorcery

1x bloodcrusher
40pts

1x bloodcrusher
40pts

10x bloodletter

10x bloodletter

1x deamon prince
1x deamonic gaze

1x deamon prince
1x deamonic gaze

originally i would judgling between having 3 blood thirsters, two with deamonic gaze, and one plain or two DP and 2 blood crushers, worked out the maths and found out that 2 BC were better than one DP are survival rate and has more attacks.
i choose to split them into two squads to let them contest objectives, i could always place them in one squad if need be.
However, i could take out both deamon princes and add an extra 5 BC but i would have less shooting and i took out the SG as it cost too much for me. points and pocket wise.

upgraded to 1500 points

2x Herald of Tzeenech
2x chariot
2x breath of chaos
2x mastery of sorcery

2x Herald of Tzeenech
2x chariot
2x breath of chaos
2x mastery of sorcery

1x bloodcrusher
40pts

1x bloodcrusher
40pts

10x bloodletter

10x bloodletter

10x bloodletter

10x bloodletter

1x deamon prince
1x deamonic gaze
1x mark of nurgle
1x deamonic flight

1x deamon prince
1x deamonic gaze
1x mark of nurgle
1x deamonic flight

with this upgraded list, i forgot if the DP could have mastery of sorcery with the icon of tzeenech so i left them out kinda. gave them wings to make them move of a mobile threat and MON to make them tougher. then i choose an extra 20 BL over an extra 8 BC.

BC = bloodcrusher
BL = bloodletter
DP = deamon prince
MON = mark of nurgle
what do you think of my improvements?
thanks
antique_nova

Competitive list builder who lives, breathes and plays in Grand Tournaments.

My current strongest lists:

http://www.bolterand...arine-lists-2k/

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
First list- Herald of Tzeentch, chariot, bolt, we are legion and master of sorcery. Much more useful than the breath version, you have enough anti-infantry as it is, you have basically no anti-tank. Bloodcrushers on their own are just free killpoints, and they won't kill anything really, so out them in one unit. Otherwise it's an ok list.

Second list- Nurgle princes are designed to be big beaters, not mobile fire support, it's a huge waste of their potential. Get the MoTz instead, drop flight and get bolt for anti-tank. So that's MoTz, bolt and gaze, standard fire support/counter-assault prince. Try a few horrors instead of bloodletters, the range and survivability makes them excellent objective holders, and they can affect the battle earlier than the bloodletters (and people seem to shoot them less). Otherwise the advice from above still stands.

Princes don't need master of sorcery until you have a third gun, MCs can already fire two weapons.

Edited by Captain Malachi, 28 April 2009 - 09:53 AM.

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,989 posts
didnt know that about the MC shooting two weapons ^^ and i was thinking of giving the DP bolt of tzeentch. Do you think i should cut out the BC and replace them with bolt of tzeentch and icon of tzeentch for the DP?.
i like breath of chaos as it is essentially nice points for a termi killer, as most termis cant save themselves with their invul from exp.
i cant remember how much BOT is, however i will give the DP BOC and IOT. Then i will cut out the BC and give the heralds BOT, i will cut out a fw BL if i need to.
I will change the list tomorrow unless you can tell me if the BOT costs the same as the DP version which is 35pts.
thanks
antique_nova

Edited by antique_nova, 28 April 2009 - 12:20 PM.

Competitive list builder who lives, breathes and plays in Grand Tournaments.

My current strongest lists:

http://www.bolterand...arine-lists-2k/