That Emperor Guy, what was his deal...

Prathios

I would like to see a new hero emerge from all this in the Imperium. Not a Space marine but rather an Imperial Guard. A Governor or something. A normal general that does something amazing like drive back a tyranid hive fleet with superior tactics for the first time ever. Put the 13th crusade to an halt.

I think that would be the coolest ever, because now, it's mostly the space marines that is the only thing not making the imperium getting over run from every corner of the galaxy. I want to see some Imperial guard hardcore action and ofcourse they would get back up from most SM chapters. But for once let a normal or more a tactical genius from the IG handle it and make the Imperium shine a little bit once again.

Thats what Creed is doing right now on Cadia. I think that's your IG hero right there.

Important Posted Today, 03:12 PM

I would like to see a new hero emerge from all this in the Imperium. Not a Space marine but rather an Imperial Guard. A Governor or something. A normal general that does something amazing like drive back a tyranid hive fleet with superior tactics for the first time ever. Put the 13th crusade to an halt.

I think that would be the coolest ever, because now, it's mostly the space marines that is the only thing not making the imperium getting over run from every corner of the galaxy. I want to see some Imperial guard hardcore action and ofcourse they would get back up from most SM chapters. But for once let a normal or more a tactical genius from the IG handle it and make the Imperium shine a little bit once again.

Solar Macharius? Take a look at him.

;) what i said back there was for a little laugh :P relax i'm pretty sure GW loves the emperor too much and they'll probably bring him back but since they haven't yet i'm not exactly wrong to think he won't.

If the Emperor revived and got off the throne, the Imperium is SCREWED!

The Emperor HATES all religion with a passion, in the tales of heresy anthology there is a lovely short story about the Emperor destroying the last church on terra and a debate involving the Emperor and the last Terran priest which sums up his views on religion.

He stomped pretty hard on Lorgar solely because Lorgar had turned the Emperor into a God, he never wanted divinity he wanted a society of cold reason and science. The Imperium of the 41st millenium is eveything the Emperor fought so hard to avoid.

If a miracle is needed and to keep in with current humanity needs redeeming fluff, I would say that the miracle needed is for Cypher to succeed in his mission to bring redemption to the Dark Angels and Luthor/The Lion to crusade together again!

Imagine, Lion goes to earth and uses his tactical genius to inspire humanity to smash the xenos/traitor scum!

if there's one thing i can't agree with, it's the emperor being reborn. he's not a god. he's just 1,000 shamans plus a bit more. he's the most powerful human psyker/warrior ever but in the end he's still just a human.

i dont know if anyone eles made comment to this, but here goes.

if hes the rebirth of 1,000 shamans into a single person...and thoes shamans had been reincarnated for generations....then idealy he WOULD be reincarnated as well....

efectivly...they did indeed create a god. a god of humanity

It was perhaps around this time he realized that the heresy was going to take place or at least he had some idea of a civil war. Else there would have been no reason for his sudden fortification of Terra. He still felt that his webway which was almost complete took priority over dealing with the civil war. Then Magnus due to his ignorance of the Emperors work cast a spell to warn him of Horus that shattered his webway portal momentarily and allowed the powers of the warp to invade the tunnel the Emperor had created with his mind from the eldar webway to Terra. This in the end was why Malcador was required to use the golden throne in the Emperors place.

It also makes sense that he'd fortify Terra while he was preparing the human Webway in order to guard against a massive Eldar Assault when they realized what he was doing.

Not only would his creation of a human webway limit the power of Chaos but would be the death stroke of the Eldar, especially if his linked into theirs...then the Marines could just walk onto every Craftworld and maiden planet and obliterate the Eldar.

I like this. It certainly makes more sense than fortifying the Palace against a rebellion he would have never imagined happening. Though couldnt the Eldar fight in the webway?

Why hello there ! thank you for adding to my general discussion !

- sorry i got the title totally wrong was ment to be emperor but i was day dreaming .........again!

Now basically i would like to start a thread going through every last detail on the big man himself the one all the loyalists love and adore ! ( and no i dont mean chuck norris!) the EMPEROR!

now i want to discuss eveything about him from scratch, from his origins , to what ethnic race was he from> from his inspirtation? ( perosnally i think he was based on native americans as the story of how he was made by shamans sacrificing themselfs to make a super being's reminds me abit of shaman king but thats just me)

please please please post me all topics and theories as to how you feel he came to be, and what is his meaning and also what plans you think games workshop has for him including the cypher theory, aswell as the illuminati, please i want to hear anything and everything you have to offer !

post as much as you can and i'll be back in a few days to try and make sense of it all and add my verdict.

Thank you !

-------------------------------------

We are the swords of the emperor ! - his sheild's and his armour ! he is the body and soul from which we form the perfect knight......no not a knight an Angel ! a being of perfect purity agaisnt the ultimate beast ....chaos ....the weak links in the armour yet to be discoverd. we must purge the armour and renew its purity for to let such rot linger.......will corrode us and trap the very one who we fought to protect : thus killing our greatest hope by allowing the very filth we may love to live....... victory through SACRAFICE !

Good work here folks. I have one big recommendation: for every new point or assertion, I recommend that the author provide a citation or reference for the source; otherwise, there is no way to verify the accuracy of any of this. Those who have already posted should probably go back and edit in these references.

A second recommendation for the original poster is to go back and read the original Rogue Trader source book, as well as the two Realms of Chaos books (Slaves to Darkness and The Lost and The Damned). Some of the best fluff is in these three books that form the foundation of the Warhammer 40k universe. I think these will help clarify a few issues for you.

Best regards,

Valerian

Stepping a bit late into the convo so I hope Im not bringing it back a step. If so please forgive me. While I dont know much more about his original background then what is menitoned in the Mechanicum HH book. I do have a theory on "what" exactly he is.

In the book "The eye of terror" by Berrington J. Bayley ( http://www.amazon.com/Eye-Terror-Warhammer...s/dp/0671783904 ) it is revealed that the Emperor is just like the other gods a manifestation of the human psyche (in his instance the need for order and good). The fact that he has manifested in the materium while the others manifested in the immaterium makes sense to me as the universe would allow for all infinite possibilities, even that of a god manifesting in the materium, especially if he is the god of order and reason. Tzeentch orchestrated the HH precisely so that the emperor would end up in stasis, neither alive nor dead. The reason for this is that dead he would merge with all the different chaos gods and form one almighty god, while alive his imperial truth would weaken the chaos gods power.

The question why he promotes the imperial truth I believe is as follows. Having manifested in the materium he is subject to its rules just as the chaos gods are subject to the rules of the immaterium and cannot cross over. As a result he isn't all knowing but merely rediculously powerfull psychically. To understand the possible futures of the universe he looks into the warp as mentioned in "Blood games - Tales of Heresy" by Dan Abnett It would make sense to me that he saw Horus betray him because Horus is made to believe that the Emperor wants to be worshipped as a god. In order to avoid this he tries to avoid his worship (and that of all godly powers to weaken the chaos gods at the same time) at all costs by promoting the imperial truth. However due to the nature of the warp and the influence Tzeentch could have on it he probably didn't see exactly how Horus comes to believe that the Emperor will be worshipped as a god and therefore doesn't effectively manage to prevent this from happening.

As to how, when and where he manifested, I think happened as soon as mankind evolved enough emotion for order and reason for him to blink into existence. I imagine this to be waaaayyyy before the formation of nations or the learnings of shamans to create a big spell.

• 11 months later...

The Imperium will be fine once they realize the Emperor is alive and well. Creed just hid him behind the Warhound Titan. Under that bush over there. Using Temporal Tactical Genius. Go ahead. Check.

The thing in the Throne is just a dummy stolen from the Smithsonian. With speakers so that visiting inquisitors hear "I'm not paying you to watch me rot, where my exterminatus? Get back to work, peon."

Archived