Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 Khorne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

cricketofdeth

cricketofdeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts
I've been out of the 40k loop for awhile and I'm looking to get back in. I want an assault based army (Due to all the cover saves now) and I think Khorne will be just the ticket.

HQ
Khârn the Betrayer

Elite
Dreadnought
-2x Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon
-Heavy Flamer
-Extra Armor

Dreadnought
-2x Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon
-Heavy Flamer
-Extra Armor

Troops
8x Berserkers - Ride with Khârn
Skull Champion
-Power Fist

8x Berserkers
-Personal Icon
Skull Champion
-Power Fist

8x Berserkers
-Personal Icon
Skull Champion
-Power Fist

8x Lesser Daemons
8x Lesser Deamons

Heavy Support
Land Raider
-Possession

Land Raider
-Possession

Land Raider
-Possession

The plan is to drive up with the land raiders and kill everything, while the summoned deamons sit on objectives.
The list should be close to 2000, I apologize if it's way off, I haven't got the C:CSM yet.
One change to make would be to drop the deamons and dreads for 2 more squads of 'zerks in rhinos.

Let me know what you think: Too hard, too soft, going to get smashed by Mech-eldar etc. I really haven't played in a long time and I've only played a few smaller games of 5th ed.
Cause the chicks dig it.

Plague Angel

Plague Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,439 posts
I'm not seeing much in the way of anti-tank, besides the power-fists.

DemetriiTZ

DemetriiTZ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts
Mechanized eldar will certainly be a pain for you, as will Tau with railgun spam, and Dark Eldar Raider spam. You'll wreck gunline armies and footsloggers, but you have a very big problem actually kicking people out of their tin cans to assault them.

cricketofdeth

cricketofdeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts
If some one turtles up, I'll just use the twin-lascannons on all the raiders to open transports and such. The raiders are also my main anti-tank.
Cause the chicks dig it.

travh20

travh20

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 404 posts
How can you say he has not AT? He has 6 TL lascannons.
"Courage and Honor"

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
land raiders arent good anti tank, because you are paying premium points for getting those berzerkers into combat. If you stand and shoot you arent moving, and you will not outshoot oponents which you need to outshoot like, indeed, mech eldar. It just doesnt work, we dont have PotMS or something like that.

You stand and shoot? Wasting lots of points...
Moving? No anti tank.

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.

tastytaste

tastytaste

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 185 posts
Zhukov is right it is either or with landraiders. That is why I think you need to drop possession from them and get only extra armor. I know that is only 15 points saved but even with twin linked you would rather have the BS. Other then that unless you want to make dramatic changes to your concept I say go with it and see how it works. Lance armies are really going to be your bane though.