Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 serious Tournement List

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Hey,

there I am again to share a 1500 points tournement list with you guys. I changed some things around and I think this is one of the best lists I can come up with. Mind you I dont play with lash for the people who dont know... Well here it is:

Hq
Deamon Prince 165
-Wings, MoN, Rot

Troops
7 Plague Marines 226
-2 x plasma, rhino

7 Plague Marines 206
-2x flamer, rhino

8 Berzerkers 243
-Champ w/ fist, rhino

Elite
3 Terminators 105
-3x combimelta

3 Terminators 105
-3x combimelta

Heavy Support
2x Obliterators 150

2x Obliterators 150

2x Obliterators 150

I am personally quite happy with this list, as I feel it has great synergy and can counter almost anything quite good. Plasma squad is there because of the extra range, my experiences are that this squad can play a bit more of a defensive roll and I did not need extra flamers nor melta. And we ussually dont play with that much cover either, so plasma is here still quite effective.
But I'm still interested in your opinions on this list! Maybe I can improve it either further.

Edited by Zhukov, 29 April 2009 - 04:56 PM.

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.

tastytaste

tastytaste

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 185 posts
I would drop rot keep that prince cheap or get warptime instead make him a beast in CC. All Plague Marines need is a Power fist as well. Nothing is sadder then a MC getting to you and not being able to kill it, worse a Wraithlord you cannot even hit.

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,399 posts
Mean list mate. Apart from finding points for 2 powerfists in the Plague Marines I can't suggest much really. The rot on the DP is actually surprisingly good, especially as he is one of your CC units and will be fighting larger numbers in mobz etc.
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Well I played most of my games with fists on the plague indeed, but it is 80 points. I think I can get away with having no fists in those squads. Because things which threaten those squads now really are indeed Walkers, MC's and such. Those things should go down to the Termicide and Oblits pretty easily. Nidzilla doesnt work anymore and well those units are most of the time quite slow anyway, so I should be able to dodge if I play well I think.

Rot is great really, some people keep forgetting its only 15 points and it automatically hits every enemy unit within 6 inch. So lets see if you have 10 orks within 6 inch of you? You kill 3 on average and then he already earned his points. Now imagine getting multiple shots of or real horde in a game and it quickly puts the number of the enemy.
Against Meq's/Teq's its less impressive, but 1 marine down and that are already 15 points.
Not to say that warptime isnt great, but I felt I needed the anti horde more.

If I was playing 1580 points, I would have included the extra fists, but for this list I'm going to try without unless someone comes with arguments why those fists are really obligatory. 40 points is quite hefty for a fist, because the champ upgrade does not give me anything good in terms of Leadership (well actually it does, but fearless makes that non-important). If we look to normal csm squads, at least the champ gives me an extra point of leadership.

Edited by Zhukov, 30 April 2009 - 08:39 AM.

You can ask me anything.

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,399 posts
Yeah you should be ok without the fists. The main reason I would take them is because after a close game and you have 3 Obliterators vs like 2 Space Marines in close combat and you need to kill them both to claim the objective, but like you said, the points needed means dropping something else.

Would you consider dropping an Obliterator, swapping the power fist in the Bererkers to a power weapon (as furious charge bumps the power weapons usefulness) and with the points saved buy those aspiring champions with power fists? It would help give you options when you need them.

But that is a little nit pick, you are right, your firepower should help alot to mitigate the lack of powerfists in the Plague marines.
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

DemetriiTZ

DemetriiTZ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts
Why have plasma on the Plague Marines? Your Obliterators already have a relentless 24'' plasma gun which rerolls to hit, and you have six of those. That's 12 re-rollable plasma gun blasts, if everything is within 12''.. If you switch over to another pair of flamers, or melta, you may have points for a Powerfist champion, or something else.

chillin

chillin

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,574 posts

Why have plasma on the Plague Marines? Your Obliterators already have a relentless 24'' plasma gun which rerolls to hit, and you have six of those. That's 12 re-rollable plasma gun blasts, if everything is within 12''.. If you switch over to another pair of flamers, or melta, you may have points for a Powerfist champion, or something else.

He has a good point.

aberrant_unc

aberrant_unc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts
I don't think the plasma squad is bad. That is the troop squad that will end up sitting on the objective in your own deployment zone most of the time for this army list, so the extra range might be useful. If he was 10-20 points from adding something sweet to the army, I would say drop them for meltas or flamers but I don't see that here.

DemetriiTZ

DemetriiTZ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts
Ten points saved on a switch from plasma to melta would buy your Prince a Warp Time..

Too bad you only have one Prince, though -- he's begging to be lit up like a Christmas tree. :D

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Of course he is gonna die, and pretty quick too I think haha. But thats not a problem because my Obliterators are causing the most damage anyway and against horde Orks I can hold him back and jump out of cover at the right moment to Rot some orks and charge so not too bad I guess. If I want another prince I must drop 2 Obliterators, and then we almost got my other standard tourney list hehe, but I think I wanna give this one a try, so 1 prince and 6 Oblits.

If I swap the plasma to melta well, I have enough melta already and that would force me to jump that plague squad forward too. My experiences are that 1 squad is always a bit near my own objective etc.etc. I already explained it of course.

In the end I dont think it matters that much. Its indeed a bit of a close call. But Demetriitz you now act like plasma is total trash and need 6 to hit or something like that haha. Like I said we ussually dont play with that much cover.

You can ask me anything.

Iron_Chaos_Brute

Iron_Chaos_Brute

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,013 posts
Drop a Termicide, buy WT, buy fists, switch to Meltas on PG squad. If for some reason you don't want fists, drop an oblit and get a Wings/WT prince.

Edited by Iron_Chaos_Brute, 01 May 2009 - 11:51 AM.

There is no surer way to get me to tear your army list up for you than claiming that it's unbeatable.

Named Disciple of the Minigun by Minigun762, November 1st, 2009.

QUOTE (Lord_Caerolion @ Sep 8 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Yeah, these are my Night Lords. The Lord worships Slaanesh, and is a Daemon Prince who can scare people where he wants them to go. And this is his twin, another Slaaneshi Prince, who can do the same."

QUOTE (chillin @ Nov 2 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you play a lot of retards?

Check out my blog at: http://ironchaosbrute.blogspot.com

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Hmm, I think now that in the end it does not seem to matter that much if you have the setup right and just using the standard units. Well at least then I can play with some different lists at tourneys

You can ask me anything.

DemetriiTZ

DemetriiTZ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts
Oh no, plasma isn't garbage, as long as you have some melta firepower as well. I just figure, with six TL'ed plasma guns already, which don't suffer from the rapid-fire-range-only-if-you-move syndrome, the single plasma gun Plague Marine squad seems kinda out of place. But yeah, in the end, I doubt you'll see much difference. After all, with six Obliterators, you have an abundance of melta and multimelta firepower, too. Should be fine.