Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Khorne Heavy Daemons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Emperor's Instrument

Emperor's Instrument

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 465 posts
As a second army I'm about to embark on a small 1000 point level Daemon list.

So far I have purchased the obligatory Bloodthirster but won't have my hands on a codex until tomorrow.

Basically having played against Daemons a few times over the past few weeks with my Blood Angels I've developed an idea of how they work but want my Daemons to behave in the same manner as my BA i.e. very assaulty.

Therefore I've hashed out the following;

Bloodthirster
Skulltaker
2x10 Bloodletters w/ icon in each squad
3 Flamers
5 Horrors

The split I thought of was;

1. Skulltaker, Bloodletters, Horrors
2. Bloodthister, Bloodletters, Flamers

All advice and guidance is appreciated.

And Lo, I beheld a pale rider astride a dark horse. And that rider's name was Death.

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
It's a solid start, you should take a few more horrors though (you should be able to fit it in 1k), fire are unlikely to do much and are an easy KP. They can be good at holding objectives against some players, but players like me would be more likely to just wipe them out early on so I don't have to worry about them later. Post up a list tomorrow and I'll see how I can help <_<

A little bit of advice I seem to give everyone lately: Don't split your army until first turn. Don't even have an idea of how to split them, let the game decide for you.

Emperor's Instrument

Emperor's Instrument

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 465 posts
Thanks for the feedback Mal, I feel quite reassured that I don't appear to be heading down completely the wrong path.

I'll drop the list in to this same thread tomorrow, probably late afternoon/eearly evening.

And Lo, I beheld a pale rider astride a dark horse. And that rider's name was Death.

Emperor's Instrument

Emperor's Instrument

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 465 posts
Ok I've got my brand spanking codex and after a bit of perusal this what I've come up with;

HQ
Bloodthirster w/ Deathstrike 270
Skulltaker 140

ELITES
3x Bloodcrusher 120

TROOPS
10x Bloodletters w/ Fury of Khorne & Icon 175
10x Bloodletters w/ Fury of Khorne & Icon 175
5x Horrors 85

TOTAL 965

This leaves 35pts but I'm thinking of removing 'Fury' from one of the Bloodletters and replace it with an 'Instrument' so I can get another Bloodcrusher.

Critique is welcome before I start spending my hard earned cash!! Haha

Edit - Added points

Edited by Emperor's Instrument, 01 May 2009 - 09:14 PM.

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
Bloodthirsters with deathstrike don't work, give him might and blessing instead.

Skulltaker's ok, but I don't if you need him, so I'd drop him (explanation later).

If you give the bloodcrushers fury and an instrument you can play wound allocation games ala nob bikers.

Fury doesn't work on anything, the only reason to have it on 'crushers is for wound allocation. On bloodletters it's just wasted points.

5 horrors don't really work, take at least 8 and add the Changeling + bolt.

Any extra points could be used to bump up your bloodletters.

Emperor's Instrument

Emperor's Instrument

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 465 posts
Ok, list number three;

HQ
Bloodthirster w/ Might & Blessing 275
Herald w/ Juggernaut, Might & Fury 130

ELITE
3x Bloodcrusher w/ Fury 130

TROOPS
8x Bloodletters w/ Icon & Instrument 158
8x Bloodletters w/ Icon & Instrument 158
9x Bloodletters w/ Instrument 149

TOTAL 1000

I've dropped Skulltaker in favour of an upgraded Herald for 10 pts saving. Also dropped the Horrors in favour of more Bloodletters.

As and when I expand the list I'll probably drop Skulltaker back in and then add in some shooty stuff i.e. Soulgrinder w/ Phelgm and some Horrors.

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
I don't think you really need two HQs at this points level. If you were to drop the herald you get a load more bloodletters and have units that can survive more than two rounds of shooting <_<

I'd also move one of the instruments to the bloodcrushers for wound allocation. Instruments on bloodletters are pretty useless, fury is as well but I think rather than two instruments I'd rather have fury on one of the units.