Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1700 Competetive Daemons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

Firedrake28

Firedrake28

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 859 posts
Howdy folks,

It's been a long time since I've posted here, but when I stopped by I couldn't help but notice that you've seen fit to add a Daemon section. Delighted, I thought I'd post this up.

HQ

Bloodthirster; Unholy Might, Blessing of the Blood God

Keeper of Secrets, Unholy Might, Soporific Musk

Troops

8 Plaguebearers; Icon

8 Plaguebearers; Icon

8 Horrors; Bolt

8 Horrors; Bolt

16 Bloodletters

Heavy Support

Soul Grinder; Phlegm

Daemon Prince; Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt, Unholy Might, Iron Hide

Total: 1698/1700

I realize that there are still a few things that need to be added/changed to get an optimal, truly competitive list, but I'm working with the models I have for now. I only have two Bloodcrushers, otherwise I'd certainly include a unit of them.

I have the following to work with:

Fateweaver/Lord of Change
The Masque
Skulltaker
Six Plaguebearers
Five Bloodletters
Twenty Daemonettes
Five Flamers
One Fiend of Slaanesh

I'll be buying another two Bloodcrushers shortly, and probably a second Soul Grinder as well, though this probably won't happen until Sunday.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks!

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
You know, for a first list that's really good. The only thing I'd change would be to drop hide from the prince (tzeentch princes don't need it) and maybe a bloodletter or two to get the changeling and another horror or two (once you get the models of course). But that's it.

By the way, while cool, bloodcrushers aren't essential. I would try and see if you can fit in a second soulgrinder though.

Firedrake28

Firedrake28

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 859 posts

You know, for a first list that's really good

Haha, this actually isn't my first Daemons list. I've been playing them since about a week before they came out, but my local store closed down a while back, and I'm only just getting back into the game now.

The only thing I'd change would be to drop hide from the prince (tzeentch princes don't need it) and maybe a bloodletter or two to get the changeling and another horror or two (once you get the models of course). But that's it.

I'd agree on the Iron Hide thing, but the people I play tend to have assault cannon fetishes (especially this one Black Templars player :) ), so I think I'm going to hang onto the 3+ armor save.

By the way, while cool, bloodcrushers aren't essential. I would try and see if you can fit in a second soulgrinder though.

This is true. I guess I've been thinking of them as a 'must have' unit because of how well I hear other people do with them. I agree totally on the Soul Grinder bit, though I'm not sure on what to swap out. My army is very light in ranged anti-tank ability as it is and pulling the Prince would make it even worse. :( Oh well. Maybe I'll be able to persuade my friends into playing 2K point games. :evil:

Thanks for the thoughts thus far! Keep 'em comin', guys!

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
You could lose a few bloodletters (minimum ten in a unit), if you were to drop hide as well (it's only +1 to your save against AP4+) and might on the prince you might be able to get a second 'grinder. (I can't be bothered to work out the costs now)