Traitor Smurfs (Ultramarines)

So basically I was hunting through models that I've had a long time. First i was in awe at how poor the painting was. Then i wondered what they would look like in blue. But as an added bonus, i figured I'd tear a bunch apart then kit bash the resulting mess.

This is what's been done thus far. The "Aspiring champion" is Nero, and when they're done, they'll fight along side my pyre marines.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/Nokarot/Kolli%20Stuff/NeroFront.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/Nokarot/Kolli%20Stuff/NeroBack.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/Nokarot/Kolli%20Stuff/NeroOmega2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/Nokarot/Kolli%20Stuff/NeroTroop.jpg

C&C is appreciated.

Kolli

++Edit++

I am not entirely certain where the Alternate Heresy thread is. But i've taken a few new shots of the missle marine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/Nokarot/Kolli%20Stuff/NerosMissleFront.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/Nokarot/Kolli%20Stuff/NerosMissleSide.jpg

that is MINT !!! Question how did you paint the hair from the skulls hanging from the ml because im looking at my lc model now and the hair is no where near as good i painted like this

base coat char granite

wash badab black

drybrush fort grey

drybrush skull white

So that's where my lost Veteran squad went! O_o

*writes their names up on a board*

You sir, have yourself a nemesis now ^^,

Great job on the white.. real smooth

finally, someone realised the Ultramarines are not Grey Knights, and can be turned. Did they realise turning left on parade is funner than turning right, and it all went down hill from there?

Good job, well painted yet still with an air of evil.

Thank you for the compliments :lol:

that is MINT !!! Question how did you paint the hair from the skulls hanging from the ml because im looking at my lc model now and the hair is no where near as good i painted like this

base coat char granite

wash badab black

drybrush fort grey

drybrush skull white

Alright. The hair was actually pretty accidental - I can be very lazy sometimes. And i didn't actually commit it to memory. But to the best of my recollection. Chaos black (I prime all models black) then bestial brown, a careful application of vermin brown (I try to avoid drybrushing for anything but metal), and finally a vomit brown final highlight.

It's lazy because my bone recipe is Bestial, Vermin, Vomit, Bubonic, Bleached, Skull White.

finally, someone realised the Ultramarines are not Grey Knights, and can be turned. Did they realise turning left on parade is funner than turning right, and it all went down hill from there?

Something like that. But I swear I read a story from the Chaos 'dex that said a veteran sergeant - who had served diligently as an Ultramarine for years - became a lord of chaos?

In a couple days (with a little luck) I'll probably have another marine up.

Until the next time

Kolli

I think that story was in a Short Story compilation not the Chaos dex but yea I do remember an Ultramarines Sergeant falling to become a Champion of Nurgle and eventually being hunted down by a Battle Sister or some such.

Anyway great job, everyone sick of the Ultramarines will be cheering at this!

I like them :angry:. Reminds me of a short story in the 'Let the galaxy burn' anthology about an Ultra who became a Daemon Champion and then was redeemed by a Sister of Battle. Doesn't look like these guys want redemption though!

Very smooth paintwork and excellent kitbashing, give yourself a pat on the back and have a nice cold beverage on me!

James

I think you should deface the imperial symbols on them because if space marines turn to the dark side of the force i mean go to chaos then they take off thier imperial signs or paint an X on them also they would do the same to the chapter icons too, other than the fact that those things still remain these paint jobs are better than alot of actuall Ultramarines armies I've seen.

Also they are First company but have Tactical squad markings? were they all acting as Tactical squad sergeants before they turned?

Its a shame Sgt. Telion will have to be tasked with hunting them down.

I think loyalist Black legion would be cool to see next

I think you should deface the imperial symbols on them because if space marines turn to the dark side of the force i mean go to chaos then they take off thier imperial signs or paint an X on them also they would do the same to the chapter icons too

I thought about that. But then i figured that it fit better with the fluff that they haven't defaced any emblems. My idea is that these guys take up positions with the imperial defenders and then betray them at the right moment. Though Nero would have to stick with the main force i think. What with the horns and the trophy rack.

That, and each marine defected from different companies, and adopted the colours of the first company to infuriate loyal enemies. It's how I sort of explains the troop designations.

Loyalist Black legion? Because that doesn't work. They got that name when horus was killed... Loyal Luna Wolves or Sons of Horus might work...

Hrrrmmm

Kolli

The only prob. I see with them staying hidden amongst the loyal ranks is that none of their gear that look chaosy are accordingly to the codex astartes, thus they'd be questioned as soon as someone with authority spotted them... :/

I still like the look of them still having their loayal marks though... (they could also have been trapped on a planet in a warp storm for very long, similar to the wolves 13th company, so, with time, they've had to repair their armour with parts from their fallen enemies.

traitor Ultramarines doesnt seam to work either but you made them just fine?

Why not Loyal Black Legion as a what if kind of model?

Theres a guy in the chaos codex that does look alot like how i would think it would look

if you look at the colour pages you will see him hes not a loyalist black legion model but he only has chaos arms and head as far as i remember

^ Someone got upset. Dawww. :D :) ^

Anyways, Traitor Smurfs are 100% possible and exist in fluff. Only Grey Knights get away with no traitors. Loyalist Black Legionnaires on the other hand are not possible. Once a traitor to the Imperium, always a traitor to the Imperium. And after 10,000 years of fighting the Imperium, most Black Legionnaires would have little reason to go back.

The only prob. I see with them staying hidden amongst the loyal ranks is that none of their gear that look chaosy are accordingly to the codex astartes, thus they'd be questioned as soon as someone with authority spotted them...

Again, I can't site my sources, but I swear I've read somewhere that most Imperial Citizenry doesn't know chaos even exists. All marines are benevolent guardians from beyond the stars. Also, waaaay back when, the Imperial Guard could have another commander - Cypher.

Which brings me neatly to the Loyal Black Legion!

I've actually given it a bit of thought. And Shaun might be onto something. In the horus heresy books, a lone Luna Wolf takes flight with the Loyal DeathGuard and fights to defend the imperial palace (i think). Assuming that he survived, the Luna Wolves could have been rebuilt in a manner - a demi-company.

If you've read Storm of Iron, you know the main character (the half-breed) still believes the original ideals of Horus. It wasn't kill everything, it was that the emperor had abandoned his people and for that he had to be taken from power. In that manner, there could be some that aren't entirely out to raze everything. Loyal to the imperium but not the emperor... Would that count as "Loyal Black Legion"?

Which also makes me wonder... Why haven't I seen anyone paint loyal Deathguard?

Anyway. I am about 60% done another RaF chaos smurf. And i have another one pretty much primed and ready.

When they're done. it's back to working on my custom pyre dready

Kolli

Are you using these as chaos marines or normal marine you know like if some people do traitor guard they use the normal guard codex and stuff.

You know somthing i would love to see tho, a chaos land speeder, because in apoc games you could still use it and it would look cool all spikey and flying into some poor saps that didn't jump away in time, in normal games you my get away with making it a chaos dreadnought? possibly an oblitarator,

OR Chaos thunder hammer storm shileds terminators, or maybe possibly chaos versions of named characters you know like a alternate future one or like a Shadow to Sonic kinda thing.

I had an idea for loyal Night lord and calling them Gargoyles, like you said about the one guy getting away and making a loyal black legion, you could make them like a renegade space marines that after the heresy they didn't go into the eye of terror and are trying to get the black legion to change its ways i think you could fit them in that way

Really cool models

Remind me of a old quote ;)

I dread to think what heinous crime an Ultramarine must commit to be banished to the Eye of Terror. Did you turn left instead of right on the parade ground? Forget to say your prayers in the morning?

;)

But again really nice, like how the white nice & clean, the blue as well. If you plan on adding any more be cool to see.

IP

If you've read Storm of Iron, you know the main character (the half-breed) still believes the original ideals of Horus. It wasn't kill everything, it was that the emperor had abandoned his people and for that he had to be taken from power. In that manner, there could be some that aren't entirely out to raze everything. Loyal to the imperium but not the emperor... Would that count as "Loyal Black Legion"?

You can't reneg on an oath to Chaos though. A story in the new anthology "Heroes of the Space Marines" details a never ending quest of a Black Legionair to face the descendants of an old friend from the Imperial Fists who sided with the Emperor, in the story the Legionair realises that he and his brothers are just pawns and wishes for death but in the end the powers of Chaos refuse to let him die so easily and he is made aware that to even try to reneg his oaths again would result in an eternity as a chaos spawn or worse. Once on the path of Chaos there's no real turning back.

Loyalist Luna Wolves have been done I think, and I think I've seen at least one Son of Horus loyalist model and people have done pre-heresy/loyalist Death Guard.

Also your right, the vast majority of the Imperium's citizenry know nothing about the Adeptus Astartes except as mythical defenders akin to Angels, and know nothing what so ever about Chaos or Traitor Space Marines so as long as the Traitor Ultramarines didn't run into loyalist Marines they could pretend to be loyalists and the vast majority of the Imperial citizens and officials they ran into would never know the difference.

For the record, someone's Alternate Heresy (see the Librarium) has loyalist Black Legion calling themselves the Black Templar.

Very nicely done on these guys. I'm particularly fond of the bloodstain on the power sword.

Good job, well painted yet still with an air of evil.

Could the Smurfs previously not turn left? Were they like Derek Zoolander? You have got them to finally perform "Blue Steel"... for that, the world is grateful!

On another note, I think they look great. Kit bashing for Chaos is always great, I did it for my possessed but they aren't as good as these by any stretch. I just love them!

Archived