Dawn of war Movie

Most of you say that 40k is not that well known, but look at Gears of War they make a movie about that game and i dont believe many has heard of thar game(most gamers have im sure).

And now there is G.I. Joe that anyone outside the US have never heard of so just because not many have heard of it dont mean that is not going to happen.

(Sorry for the english)

Most of you say that 40k is not that well known, but look at Gears of War they make a movie about that game and i dont believe many has heard of thar game(most gamers have im sure).

Gears of war is wildly popular with the video-gaming community, a group of people far larger than the table-top wargaming community. They can count on most of the people who've played the game going to see it. The same can be said of 40K gamers and a 40K movie, but I'll bet you the number of people who play Gears of War is far larger than the number of people who play Warhammer 40,000.

And now there is G.I. Joe that anyone outside the US have never heard of

Uh...not to sound like an arrogant American, but does it matter? Most movies made in the USA are being made for American audiences. If it rakes in a lot of money abroad, that's just gravy to the film industry. And while G.I. Joe is not well known abroad, there's hardly a male in America who hasn't heard of him. -M

Ps. Just so you know, I don't intend to see either of these movies as neither catches my interest, but you can bet I would go to see a 40K film if it came out. :lol:

• 3 months later...

Well I'm French and I can tell you that when I was a kid GI Joe toys were REALLY popular, less popular than Transformers toys were but still, most French people know GI Joe. It's been a classic range of toys in Christmas catalogues for years. Really GI Joe is well known over here.

Well I'm French and I can tell you that when I was a kid GI Joe toys were REALLY popular, less popular than Transformers toys were but still, most French people know GI Joe. It's been a classic range of toys in Christmas catalogues for years. Really GI Joe is well known over here.

Ah, you are French! Congratulations, so am I.

Uh...not to sound like an arrogant American, but does it matter? Most movies made in the USA are being made for American audiences. If it rakes in a lot of money abroad, that's just gravy to the film industry. And while G.I. Joe is not well known abroad, there's hardly a male in America who hasn't heard of him. -M

I knew of G.I. Joe as a young 'un! :P

And GW was a British child, we just don't really have many film studios... so we use yours! :huh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From the Movie office site

Introducing ULTRAMARINES – A Warhammer 40,000 Movie!

The moment fans have been waiting for is finally here... for the first time, the Warhammer 40,000 universe will be realised in a feature-length movie on DVD.

ULTRAMARINES is a 70-minute sci-fi thriller that will use CGI and state-of-the-art animation production techniques. Games Workshop is delighted to be working with UK-based production company Codex Pictures, who have the momentous task of bringing the Warhammer 40,000 universe to the screen.

Info on the production team

Codex Pictures is a London, UK-based film production company with a focus on high quality animated features for theatrical and DVD release.

The production team’s previous credits include the original highly successful and multi award-winning DVD trilogy BIONICLE®, produced for the LEGO® Company.

http://www.codexpictures.com/news.html for more info

• 1 month later...
If they found a way to pay for such an expensive production, my bets are on the fact that it will involve the Inquisition because it will have to have some kind of romance theme to it because that is what the general public demands.

That and the general public knows very little about Warhammer in general so i highly doubt any major movie production would pick up such an idea.

romance in W40k is like forcing a cat to mate with a hawk...

I am sooo sigging that if you don't mind.

Archived