(IA) Solidus' Legion

Solid Zaku

FOUNDING: Okay, I've painted myself into a fairly serious corner on this one, and I don't know how to get myself out. Could I have some help that won't turn me into either a Mary-Sue Chapter, or a pariah?

Painted in a physical sense or a metaphorical sense? i'm not sure how you would manage to do either but their we go ;)

AQUILA: Argh! I'm going to cut it, but I'm rather unhappy. The Blood Ravens (and I can't believe I'm referencing them), use single-headed eagles in their iconography.

Are you sure about this? i've seen blood ravens with single headed ravens on their chests but never an eagle...

When one slips on a banana peel, it doesn't make much sense to blame the floor. This statement makes very little sense. As does my Chapter's creation story without the writing (novella length) I've done regarding them. However, it would be much easier for the IA if I simply went about things a touch differently. Instead of working on their upbringing, I'm thinking of doing their story in a way that focuses on their fall. Thinking about it, it kind of fits in with the whole grimdark setting, eh?

Ramble over, I have a question that will decide my revamp of the article: Can a Chapter be classified Renegade, but on generally friendly terms with the rest of the Astartes? At the very least not 'shoot on sight'?

Renegade means "Shoot, shoot some more, check if they're dead, shot a bit more just to make sure then don't as questions as they don't deserve it." in the mind of your average loyal space marine.

Sorry about that midnight post...

Alright. I've worked out in my head how to fix just about everything. Not only that, but I've done it in a way that, to me, almost sounds vanilla enough to work! What I'm going to do is either erase the first post and rewrite it with my new idea, or just do a complete rewrite on a new post. Which is board-friendlier? Wouldn't want to p.o. the moderati.

Sorry about that midnight post...

Midnight? Amateur!

I've done rewrites and posted them at three in the morning.

Alright. I've worked out in my head how to fix just about everything. Not only that, but I've done it in a way that, to me, almost sounds vanilla enough to work! What I'm going to do is either erase the first post and rewrite it with my new idea, or just do a complete rewrite on a new post. Which is board-friendlier? Wouldn't want to p.o. the moderati.

It probably wouldn't work for everyone, but what I generally do is to save a new file each time I do a major revision on a writing project and label each one with the version number. That way I can go back and look at what I've done before and compare it to what I end up with. As far as posting the results go, it seems that the board staff prefer that we keep our ideas on a single thread per project and just edit the first post so that the most current information is right there. Bumping on updates is perfectly acceptable.

• 4 months later...

It's not a bad story.

Apart, of course, from hijacking a company from a very famous chapter and basically claiming they're yours now. :P

It adds nothing to the chapter, and just creates a lot of problems. If it did happen, why does nothing else written about the Raven Guard even hint at it? A training cadre from the chapter would be a much better option, since you can still take everything you want from the Raven Guard and tie it to your chapter nicely. No problem. Heck, all of my chapters were trained by first founding chapters. :huh: Stealing a company for your own, though, is a touch too far. It's just hard to believe and take seriously.

I'd also personally avoid using the Armageddon battle, as it's easy enough to make up a planet, drop another group of orks on it, and wipe the suckers out. Same net effect, but it gets less frowns from the community at large.

Apart from that, it's pretty good. ;)

That's just the thing. There's so little written about the Raven Guard that there's a LOT of wiggle room. Think about it: Hunt for Valdorius, a book that's not even released yet, is going to be the FIRST book where the Raven Guard, a First Founding Chapter, have a lead role.

Think about this: who's the Chapter Master of the Raven Guard? Didn't think so.

Archived