DIY Space Marine Chapter "Azure Angels"

trautz

i'm happy, that you like my new colours!

here is a terminator from AOBR box, not a good picture, but he isnt done, so its not worth a good picture :-)

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/kah1986/termibadpic.jpg

Wow, looking good my friend! Love the icy blue match-up with the white. Sort of gives them a holy aura or something, good for their name and such. Keep on going, Brother marine, we want more!

@Forgefather:

my recipe for the white is very simple, i like it simple, becaus i didnt want to spend to much time for the painting

and get acceptable results.

So thats my white:

- white priming with GWs spray ( after this step i wait a few hours and let the miniatures dry )

- use badab black (ink) with water ( about 50:50 mix ) over the whole miniature ( let the miniature dry again for at least 1 hour )

- "repair" the white amour by painting over "dirty" areas with a mix of ca. 1/3 white 2/3 fortress grey

hightlights with another mix, with more white and less fortress grey

and thats it ...

i hope it helped you!

good luck!

@Forgefather:

my recipe for the white is very simple, i like it simple, becaus i didnt want to spend to much time for the painting

and get acceptable results.

So thats my white:

- white priming with GWs spray ( after this step i wait a few hours and let the miniatures dry )

- use badab black (ink) with water ( about 50:50 mix ) over the whole miniature ( let the miniature dry again for at least 1 hour )

- "repair" the white amour by painting over "dirty" areas with a mix of ca. 1/3 white 2/3 fortress grey

hightlights with another mix, with more white and less fortress grey

and thats it ...

i hope it helped you!

good luck!

Cheers for that brother, it's helpful to have a good White scheme for my new chapter (Sons of Ares, which are on the forum. So if you can comment on them it would be helpful) and also when you said 'paint over the 'dirty' areas' does that mean the armour except the recesses?

Other than that thanks a bunch!!

i forgefather, of course i will try to help you with my white, i made a wip-picture of a space marine, which hast been primed white, but hast not been "repaired" as i described before. in the red circles you can see the areas i think which should be fixed ( i hope it helps you):

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/kah1986/redk.jpg

and this is my sarge, i am working @ the moment:

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/kah1986/ip.jpg

cheers for clearing that up, could you have a look at my DIY chapter

of course i would like to, can u give me a link?

what i did at the weekend:

finished 2 new ( AOBR ) marines ( bases not done yet)

i will make new pictures, when the first 5 man Squad is finished ... or maybe earlier :-)

cheers for clearing that up, could you have a look at my DIY chapter

of course i would like to, can u give me a link?

what i did at the weekend:

finished 2 new ( AOBR ) marines ( bases not done yet)

i will make new pictures, when the first 5 man Squad is finished ... or maybe earlier :-)

(I would give a link but my ipod can't copy and paste) but they're called the Sons of Ares and they're in the Liber astartes bit.

I really like what you did with the white and the wash... I've been hand detailing all my marines... for the armor folds and what not... but your trick seems to be easier!