Night Lords 18th Battle Company (Treadhead)

Sorry it's been so long gang. I had to take a little bit of a break for some life projects. Good news is that I've been working diligently on some stuff and I've got some wip pics for you guys.

Although a little belated, I will answer the questions people forgot they may have asked. Forgive me for not responding to each one as they come, but i don't want to keep bumping the thread without good army progress. Feel free to send me a PM anytime. I will be happy to help share my techniques and how things work.

I am also excited to say that I got a new camera. Good news is that i can take some stellar pics of all of my guys for more definition, Bad news is that the photos are too big to be viewed on my computer ;)

dloinch My metals are always the pigmented type (i guess) i start with a 50/50 black tin bits, then tin bits, then a little bronze thrown in, with a wash or two in any recesses.

popkhorne My list building comes from a little bit of both planning a good squad, and building what i think looks cool and trying to make it fit. Because of this i've got two dreads, two preds, autocannon havocs, terms, and a whole lot of new stuff i'm going to have to figure out. I almost decided to break down and game with the BA dex, but decided against it. I like the fact that they have options beyond one or two per unit, but i'm going to just end up making whatever i want and give the 40k game system the big middle finger.

The dread pose was the stride and shoot. I played a few games with the las and didn't like the looks or how it played. I've made some pretty cool changes but don't want to give any pics in it's spoiled state. Stay tuned...

Malcontent That daemon weapon was carved out of the sang guard axe. I drew some lines on it and spend a day or two carving and filing it to make it look wing like. The little chaos stars on the side are from the fantasy marauder horsemen.

Thanks for the input and questions guys. Onto the new models

I've been trying to fill some squads out and update some of my older models.

gallery_31335_1757_29680.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_15931.jpg

Above are the two new zerk additions. The first is the official personal Icon, the flamer topped power gen. The squad is up to nine now but i may find myself continue to add to them.

gallery_31335_1757_3644.jpg

In order to get some diversity into some parts of the army, beside squads, i decided to add some scummy renegade Raven Guard. He's as low as they come, there is no sorry story about this guys fall. He killed three of his own squad (helmet hashes) when given the choice by third squad to live in service of the 18th or die. His presence is tolerated in order to bolster the numbers of the 18th, as they are trying to grow.

gallery_31335_1757_16094.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_20248.jpg

two members of the 18th tasked with raising and training a chosen squad. The squad leader is a notably frustrated with his new task and vents his fury on those initiates who just don't "get it".

gallery_31335_1757_10113.jpg

Their awaiting ride. Complete with combi flamer.

gallery_31335_1757_21338.jpg

New member of III/XVIII

And then the guy who would rather carry a wand then a chain sword. There is something to be said about a marine wielding a wand. He's that good at being bad.

gallery_31335_1757_16933.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy

Dan

I have just raced through this whole thread and i have to say that your work is fantastic, very much a fan of your work and i shall be watching this log with interested.

Plus the marine with the magic wand made me laugh! ;)

Edited by Dinks

inspiring work as always brother ;)

i love the added spikes an the back of the chainsword blade, simple but sweet ;)

and as long the wand has a powerblade attached and thus can slice your head off, it's fine by me :)

Awesome too see you back Dan! :P Have missed you allot and your awesome and sweet looking models!! ;) Nice to hear that you have a new cam! Hope all is well othervise and you havent gon soft either i see ;) love the new ones especialy the last two chars there and the raven trator is a realy nice adittion ;) hehe.... Icon bearer looks brutal! hehe..

Good to have you back!!

Cheers mate!

Just looked through the entire thread and I must say that this is one of the coolest chaos armies I've seen and the first time I've seen a night lords army I really like. I also love the way you've got traitors integrated and the alpha legion detatchment is so cool (I might need to steal that idea).

Keep up the awesome work :)

Awesome looking stuff so far man! I've got two little pointers for you. At the moment I'm re-reading Soul Hunter, which means I'm getting all sorts of little Night Lords visions. One of the things is that Malcharion, who was the original captain of the 10th Company is also mentioned to be a "war-sage". A sage is somebody who is old and wise. Perhaps the war-sage is another title the Night Lords have given to their Librarians? Whilst this might mean that Malcharion was a psychic, the Edict of Nikea, which forbade psychics from using their powers, would result in Malcharion no longer being a Librarian but a normal marine (like Brother Rubio from Garro: Oath of Moment) who rose up to become a captain, but not really losing his "secondary rank" either. Would be a nice touch to see you have a "war-sage" in your force rather than a "sorcerer".

The other little detail was the Atramentar, the Terminator honour guards of the Legion. It was mentioned that their shoulderpads were golden skulls of Nostraman sabre-toothed lions. Would be a nice touch for a Terminator to have that...

Awesome looking stuff so far man! I've got two little pointers for you. At the moment I'm re-reading Soul Hunter, which means I'm getting all sorts of little Night Lords visions. One of the things is that Malcharion, who was the original captain of the 10th Company is also mentioned to be a "war-sage". A sage is somebody who is old and wise. Perhaps the war-sage is another title the Night Lords have given to their Librarians? Whilst this might mean that Malcharion was a psychic, the Edict of Nikea, which forbade psychics from using their powers, would result in Malcharion no longer being a Librarian but a normal marine (like Brother Rubio from Garro: Oath of Moment) who rose up to become a captain, but not really losing his "secondary rank" either. Would be a nice touch to see you have a "war-sage" in your force rather than a "sorcerer".

Isn't he War-sage to the Night Huanter though?

Like his personal affairs manager. And he was a one off, not a rank but a title.

Isn't he War-sage to the Night Huanter though?

Like his personal affairs manager. And he was a one off, not a rank but a title.

Hmm, I didn't know that. I would assume that his personal affairs manager would be his Enquerry, who was Shang according to The Dark King.

gallery_31335_1757_58883.jpg

I'm out of the house so I'll post my thoughts on the War sage and the other questions later. Until then i did some hunting through my albums and this is the only guy with an imperial piece of equipment. His reasons for carrying it are a little more murky than Talos' though as he is an Alpha Legionnaire. Oh and this one

gallery_31335_1757_77486.jpg

'till later.

Dan