What is the best online store for Australians?

well...

I live in Brisbane, Australia. I was wondering where you guys would recommend to buy GW products from. I am really looking for the cheapest online retailer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ^_^

thanks again.

P.S. I hope this is the right place to post this.

Edited by well...

Check out Wayland games mate. They are from the UK but their service and prices are unbeatable. I ordered from Melbourne, shipment came within a week providing they have the items in stock.

Cheers,

dex

Edited by dex_911

Check out wargamesempire. They are a few AUD cheaper than wayland, and if you buy a few things at once, they knock even more off.

edit: Found a better example.

The space marine army I'm thinking of making: From Games-Workshop: $871AUD. Exact same thing from wargamesempire: 249.6 pounds, so double it for currency rate and: $499.2AUD. This is before any discount from them.

Pretty hard evidence to go with them.

Shipping is from the UK, but is pretty fast (faster than WA sometimes) and costs less than Aust Post. I got 3 tanks and it cost 12 AUD to post.

Edited by pevergreen

• 1 month later...
Question regarding shipping: What's the current rate from the UK to here? If I remember rightly (from my father being a bit of an Ebay'er), us to UK is cheap, but it's not the same the other way around, correct?

Shipping to Oz from UK is relatively inexpensive.

Items over a certain size and individual weight are an issue with Airmail (2kg weight limit) so sometimes items have to be opened and split into multiple parcels.

We have Vallejo in stock all the time and the shipping to oz is cheap. You might want to take a look at our eBay store though as it works on a different model and the shipping worldwide is cheaper (max £1.50, mostly free if you spend over £10)

Hey thanks for that ;) I've actually tried contacting you guys on your website but as yet have received no reply. I tried wargamesempire a few times as well with no replies, though i did get an automated email saying my question would be dealt with asap. Maelstrom replies every time within 24 hours.

Shipping to Oz from UK is relatively inexpensive.

Items over a certain size and individual weight are an issue with Airmail (2kg weight limit) so sometimes items have to be opened and split into multiple parcels.

Ah cool, thanks. Hopefully you'll be getting a bulk order from me sometime, well, when I get togeather the dosh XD

Hey thanks for that :tu: I've actually tried contacting you guys on your website but as yet have received no reply. I tried wargamesempire a few times as well with no replies, though i did get an automated email saying my question would be dealt with asap. Maelstrom replies every time within 24 hours.

Apologies, but i cant see how you havnt had a reply from us if you had used the contact us form/Helpdesk link on the front page, unless an email address had been entered incorrectly.

If you click on the contact us button on our site and raise a helpdesk ticket the most you will wait is a few hours.

How did you try and contact us? I keep stats on all tickets so I can identify if any have gone unanswered.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know of any other stores? Wayland games and Maelstrom don't seem to stock the Exorcist :P

And War Games Empire cancelled and refunded my order without explanation.. and now they no longer have GW stuff listed on their site >_>

Edited by Shoitaan

Wargamesempire has kind of gone under, definetely don't go with them.

You can try wargamestore they are good.

Otherwise wayland is probably the best for service, you could always mail them and ask

Yeah I emailed Wayland games and they seemed pretty keen to put up the exorcist as well as priests and penitant engines when I said I'd like them. They said they'd have them up on the website by the end of the day. Its now a week later and they're still not up :tu:

I spent the money I was going to use on the exorcist buying some models for a retributor squad instead. Ah well....

I recently ordered my SW Battleforce and Codex from totalwargamer.co.uk, got the email saying it was dispatched on thursday, so they sent it 2 days before they were supposed to sell, I'll update when it gets here though, should be early this week. If it comes through unscathed then it's a great place to order from, cost me $130AU for my battleforce+codex+shipping, sure is a few days late but saved $60+.

Otherwise wayland is probably the best for service, you could always mail them and ask

Yeah I emailed Wayland games and they seemed pretty keen to put up the exorcist as well as priests and penitant engines when I said I'd like them. They said they'd have them up on the website by the end of the day. Its now a week later and they're still not up :)

I spent the money I was going to use on the exorcist buying some models for a retributor squad instead. Ah well....

Do you have a heldesk ticket id?

I can check if they have been added or not.. sometimes DO items get added to the wrong section that makes finding them a mare.

Yeah I emailed Wayland games and they seemed pretty keen to put up the exorcist as well as priests and penitant engines when I said I'd like them. They said they'd have them up on the website by the end of the day. Its now a week later and they're still not up :D

Do you have a heldesk ticket id?

I can check if they have been added or not.. sometimes DO items get added to the wrong section that makes finding them a mare.

SXLH-3541

As I said I'm not likely to buy again for another month or so because I spent my spare cash but if it helps, I did buy from you guys XD

Hi,

First post, but given this talk about the best online store, I thought I'd wade in with my own experiences.

Recently gave Maelstromgames a shot and unfortunately my experience wasn't great.

Ordered a few pieces here and there including a Boss Snikrot blister. When the package arrived at my place in Sydney, the blister I received had already been opened and Snikrot was missing his head. Not ideal

Tried emailing these guys multiple times about this, using a variety of email addresses on their website - to no avail. No response whatsoever.

Anyway - since this topic is an evaluation of the merits of the various online options for us Aussies, I thought I'd share this little misadventure.

To me, this represents pretty bad customer service, regardless of their prices. Thanks for the tips for the other online stores - will give these other guys a try in the future.

They should be on the store now for you.

sorry for the wait. I shot the staff member responsible in the leg and he seemed to operate much faster. :nuke:

Haha thanks. I got an email yesterday sometime telling me the items were up with a small apology. Very much appreciated :tu:

The aussie dollar is soaring high right now so I decided to splurge that extra bit and get that exorcist as well. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Thanks man :P