Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Utah, USA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

Brother-Librarian Hesperos

Brother-Librarian Hesperos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 126 posts
I game in slc. Let me know if any of you do.
Who do we serve?
We serve the emperor, and the Lion, and through them we serve mankind.
What is it to be dark angels?
It is to be first, the hounoured, the sons of the Lion.
What is our quest?
To purge our shame through the death of those who turned on the Lion.
What is our victory?
To remake that which was broken, to earn the trust of the emperor once more.
What is the fate of the fallen we hunt?
Retribution and death!

AndyinUT

AndyinUT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts
Helllooooo.....anyone....anyone.....bueller....bueller...bueller......

http://stgeorgegaming.com/index.php

Brother Dakath

Brother Dakath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 198 posts
I usually game around Utah County but Salt Lake is not too far of a drive for me.
QUOTE (AGPO @ Jun 20 2011, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I mean, we're talking more badass than Liam Neeson riding into battle on the back of a liger, wearing a top hat whilst wielding excalibur in one hand and a flail made of live honey badgers in the other, to the tune of All Along the Watchtower.

Zepmaster

Zepmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 47 posts
Im in salt lake city

UltraTacSgt

UltraTacSgt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 88 posts
I'm in Logan if anybody games in Northern Utah or knows where to find games up here.
-- For Macragge, Guilliman, and the Emperor --

QUOTE (Captain Idaho @ May 11 2012, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't all Chapters say they are the greatest? Why would a Chaplain say "We're not quite as ferocious as the Space Wolves, and we lack the subtley of the Raven Guard and haven't the tactical acumen of the Ultramarines but hey - we're alright aren't we. Smithy took that Ork out with the Missile Launcher and that was pretty good eh lads?"

They're one of the legions with the lost Primarchs, their primarch currently wandering around dazed and confused in an alternate reality where he is known as Jean Luc Picard.

Messor

Messor

++ PROCREATOR COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,235 posts
Who's closest to Provo? I'm willing to travel to game if I have to, but I will not go gameless in Utah.

gallery_26154_15777_721.png

The Liber; it's like a Biscopea for DIYs!

Messor's Content

ChromeZephyr

ChromeZephyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 423 posts
I think Dragon's Keep still does open-tables for 40k, Messor. After that, I dunno, as I'm in SLC.

gallery_45765_13882_50260.png

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,583 posts

Who's closest to Provo? I'm willing to travel to game if I have to, but I will not go gameless in Utah.

I haven't lived in that area in about 4 years but both Provo and Orem had game shops. Provos was downtown (Dragon's Keep I think it was called) and Orem had one in the University Mall (Games People Play). No idea if either of them are still around. Games People Play always had tables available. Dragon's Keep was more towards the Comic Book side when I was last there (2007).
The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!
Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed
Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Selling off the PILE OF SHAME! Links to my ebay page for everything that is going up over the next 10 days:
Kurgan's Pile of Shame auctions

Messor

Messor

++ PROCREATOR COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,235 posts

I haven't lived in that area in about 4 years but both Provo and Orem had game shops. Provos was downtown (Dragon's Keep I think it was called) and Orem had one in the University Mall (Games People Play). No idea if either of them are still around. Games People Play always had tables available. Dragon's Keep was more towards the Comic Book side when I was last there (2007).

Oh that's right, they had the tables last time I was there, or at least one table, but I never saw anyone using them. Granted I didn't have as much time to visit as I'd have liked.

Messor's Content

Chaplain ChonkE

Chaplain ChonkE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,145 posts
UltraTacSgt, I game as much anymore but I know quite a few players and we even get together for a campaign once in a while. I'll try to round up the crew and see if we can get something together. As far as FLGS, there is a Gamer's Den in Ogden and a few of the comic stores will let you round up a table although they are scant on any type of sales for 40k. Dont know about much going on north of Ogden though.

Hastur's Comics and Games in SLC on State is a good spot for a pick-up once in a while. Dr Volt is more comic oriented than gaming but I believe they will still let you smash on a table. I suggest you bring terrain.

Am I the only one who didn't see Prospero Burns as some quantum leap paradigm shift in Space Wolf lore?

Because aside from them swigging ale instead of mjod and of course the fact that they growl like canines instead of soggy cheetahs I am not seeing how Sven, Ragnar, and of course Mighty Haegr would be at all out of place in the VI Legion of M31.

Metic

Metic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 906 posts

new to the hobby, just started a Templar army. i live in SLC area. close to game haven, fongo bongo. but i can drive to mind games or hasturs.

bjoluemblem

bjoluemblem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 271 posts

I'm in Salt Lake. Nearest place for me is Game Night Games on 900 E 2100 S in Sugarhouse. I know they play some 40k stuff on Sunday afternoons and have a decent selection of tables, about 4-5 I think.

40k: Ultramarines 2nd Company, Black Legion, Adepta Sororitas, Atramentar Glory Guard (IG), I dabble in basically everything else.

30k: World Eaters, Ultramarines

Relax and enjoy the hobby!

Lephisto

Lephisto

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 457 posts

Wow, that's so cool. Alot of people here from Utah. Anyone here a member?

Messor

Messor

++ PROCREATOR COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,235 posts
I am. I've got a Brother Morianton tossed in to the Alpha Hounds, though he's less of an arse in this iteration.

Messor's Content

SRSFACE

SRSFACE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 174 posts

Anyone on the South side of Utah? I'm looking for a new group to game with as the guy who more or less leads the group of dudes I've already met down here in St. George is an insufferable a-hole.

Heard there was a pretty decent gaming place in Cedar called Gunjah Bead Forest or something like that. Wouldn't mind the scenery changes on my days off, that's for sure, plus it'd be nice to play somewhere I won't die of heat exhaustion for heading outside.

FishFuzz99

FishFuzz99

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 53 posts

North of Salt Lake City, I'm always down for a game.

Commander Sha'son

Commander Sha'son

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,990 posts

Sup folks... so after considerable time off... I am getting back into the hobby. I am looking for 40K groups in Utah. I am living in Eagle Mountain, but will to travel as far as SLC to play. Anyone game?

Yeah, we saw you and we were like "whoa", and you were like "whoa..." and we went like, "whoa..."
Give me some fin...'Noggin...Dude...

Sternguard Sgt Barrios

AceofCase

AceofCase

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts
I'm looking at moving to the Orem area this spring/early summer. Anyone play in that area or nearby?