=][= REQUEST TUTORIALS HERE =][=

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Looking for a Tutorial on painting Fire Hawks.

They have a Orange/red armor, with flames. I am trying to work on some and the flames just blend in to the armor too much. Any tips, or colors I should use would be helpful!

On a side note, I am using Legion of the damn for the actually army. So they have some spots where the flames are marked in the armor.

Also, I would like to add some black soot/or burn marks in the armor as well. I dont know how to get a burnt sooty look, or if i have the skill to pull it off! lol.

They have a Orange/red armor, with flames. I am trying to work on some and the flames just blend in to the armor too much. Any tips, or colors I should use would be helpful!

On a side note, I am using Legion of the damn for the actually army. So they have some spots where the flames are marked in the armor.

Also, I would like to add some black soot/or burn marks in the armor as well. I dont know how to get a burnt sooty look, or if i have the skill to pull it off! lol.

Using this image as my guide,

gallery_48988_7173_41311.jpg

I ended up with the following Combat Squad,

gallery_48988_7173_361499.png

Over Black Primer, the Base colours are Jokero Orange and Averland Sunset. These were then Highlighted with Troll Slayer Orange and Sunburst Yellow,then Washed with either Seraphim Sepia or Riekland Fleshshade (I dont recall).

Cheers,

Jono

Using this image as my guide,

gallery_48988_7173_41311.jpg

I ended up with the following Combat Squad,

gallery_48988_7173_361499.png

Over Black Primer, the Base colours are Jokero Orange and Averland Sunset. These were then Highlighted with Troll Slayer Orange and Sunburst Yellow,then Washed with either Seraphim Sepia or Riekland Fleshshade (I dont recall).

Cheers,

Jono

Awesome! That helps a lot! I wasnt sure how it would come out, but yours look very good. Ill have to see if I can get a test model painted up this week. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a tutorial on how to paint crimson/red/orange "lightning" bolts.

Think of your standard Night Lords lightning bolts, which typically utilize blue. I want to paint some bolts that are warm, Khorne-themed, daemonic.

Can anyone help me out?

I'm looking for a tutorial on how to paint crimson/red/orange "lightning" bolts.

Think of your standard Night Lords lightning bolts, which typically utilize blue. I want to paint some bolts that are warm, Khorne-themed, daemonic.

Can anyone help me out?

Do your standard lightning bolts, but switch the base color out for Wild Rider Red, the mid-tone for Fire Dragon Bright, and the spots/intersections/bolt division points with White Scar.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone has a tutorial for scratchbuilding power armor shoulder pads. Really, sculpting any shoulder pads would be helpful, but power armor is specifically what I need.

- Thanks!

Would it be possible to get a tutorial on swapping weapons on metal figures? I'm specifically thinking of the Prototype Shoulders Pattern Terminator from the '89 (I think) RT catalog. I want to give the one I have a thunder hammer and storm shield, but am not sure how to go about putting them on the model. I don't want to just blindly cut his hands off because I'm not too precise with a knife and it was hard to find one of these guys. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Painting Tutorial Request.

Can anyone point me to a good Youtube video or blog for tips on painting Liquid?

Preferably in a glass vile or jar.   

I'm particularly looking at painting the Eversor's needle gun.   I know what paints to use ( C. Green, Warpstone, Moot )  I just think it would look more realistic if I could get it to look like a plunger needle.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:   I think i found something that might work.  Although given the Eversor's pose ( he is almost  horizontal on the base )  I think the liquid would be affected.  I guess he could be fighting in zeroG.

Edited by Space Truckin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tutorial Request: Magnetized cataphractii

Type: Modelling
Race: Legiones Astartes
Details: I'm looking for a way to magnetize the various weapons for the Cataphractii terminators form the BaC box that does not require the acquisition or creation of additional shoulder pads.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Tutorial Request: Magnetized cataphractii

Type: Modelling

Race: Legiones Astartes

Details: I'm looking for a way to magnetize the various weapons for the Cataphractii terminators form the BaC box that does not require the acquisition or creation of additional shoulder pads.

Thanks in advance

I'll do pics if you think you still need them, but I've just had a look and I think I have a solution.

1. Magnetize the arms into place at the shoulders.

2. Glue the top and bottom parts of the Shoulder pads together.

3. Using the magnetised arms as a guide, glue the large part of the pad to the torso.

This should solve your issue, also sorry for the late reply, I got busy and meant to reply 2 weeks ago.....

Cheers,

Jono

No problem. That was my first idea too, but it might be tricky with the different arm positions. Also the armour and the pads would have a very small contact surface, I think. I don't have the BaC box yet, so I might be making a mountain out of a mole hill. I just wanted to know if someone already had found a solution.

• 1 month later...