=][= REQUEST TUTORIALS HERE =][=

To clarif: You to fit FW Contemptor arm options onto a B@C Dread?

If that is what you're after, I'll through up some......hangonaminute.....I think I can get some quicker than that...

Here we go: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/317799-365-days-of-hobbyhopefully/page-2

Edited by Grotsmasha

Yep, pretty much. There was no need to sink the magnets on the B@C models as the gaps/ledges had the correct clearance, you'll only need to drill the FW arms.

I'll take some more pics of exactly where I cut the B@C shoulders, besides drilling you don't need to modify the FW arms at all.

Cheers, 

Jono

• 3 months later...

Tutorial Request:

Type: Modelling

Race: Heresy-era Space Marines: Alpha Legion

Details: I m looking for a tutorial on how to make Exodus's helmet.

Thank you for your help.

Remind me again of what it's supposed to look like?

Nevermind, found it,

gallery_48988_6285_1003214.png

Edited by Grotsmasha

• 3 weeks later...

Tutorial Request:

Type: Modelling/Magnetisation
Race: Blood Angels/codex Space Marines/Grey Knights
Details: Could someone point me in the right direction for a tutorial on magnetising the weapons on a Stormraven Gunship please? Having painted the interior, I'm after something in particular that wont block off the side doors (i.e I can switch between the hurricane bolters, doors and still see inside if they are removed)

Cheers.

Edited by Jolemai

I'm planning on doing all of the symbols shown above. They won't be exact copies (extremely difficult when freehand painting) but should do the trick and be recognisable on your models.

Long overdue but I've still got this on my to-do list so it should happen soon-ish.

• 3 weeks later...

Tutorial Request:
Type: Painting
Race: Sisters of Battle
Details: I am looking to paint my tank chassis primarily in black.  I dont have access to an airbrush and my attempts so far have turned out poor.  

Thank you for your help. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tutorial - preparing forgeworld resin

Heya peeps, I have recently collected my forgeworld order, first in many years I have made a lightning fighter many years ago from forge world.

I have put the new order through the dishwasher wrapped in socks. Also then going over them with cold water and a toothbrush.

None of the pieces are glueing together. I bought a thin glue form a hobby store, and also tried a cheap and nasty one from the local convienence store. No luck.

I have left 5 assault marines in some dishwasher liquid and water solution in a bowl over night. I'm hoping this may help.

Any advice?

Is it possible I have a 'bad batch of resin'. I have heard that being referenced. If I did have a bad batch how would I tell?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

This would be a pretty basic tutorial but i wasn't able to find adequate ones:

Ultramarines regular/venerable Dreadnought!

All the videos I've found are rather short or fast and don't go much into detail (or aren't for the Ultramarines chapter).

As a newbie, it would help out a lot to find a detailed step by step tutorial for doing this.

Thanks!

Tutorial - preparing forgeworld resin

Heya peeps, I have recently collected my forgeworld order, first in many years I have made a lightning fighter many years ago from forge world.

I have put the new order through the dishwasher wrapped in socks. Also then going over them with cold water and a toothbrush.

None of the pieces are glueing together. I bought a thin glue form a hobby store, and also tried a cheap and nasty one from the local convienence store. No luck.

I have left 5 assault marines in some dishwasher liquid and water solution in a bowl over night. I'm hoping this may help.

Any advice?

Is it possible I have a 'bad batch of resin'. I have heard that being referenced. If I did have a bad batch how would I tell?

Just checking, you aren't using plastic glue are you?

Because with FW's resin you need to use Superglue.

Tutorial Request

Type: Modeling/Sculpting

Race: Any

Request: Scratchbuilding a model using plumber's putty. What kind of tools, process, useful tips and warnings, etc. Particularly trying to learn to sculpt nurglings.

For sculpting a model from scratch, you'd find a lot more searching the internet for tutorials than waiting for something to show up here. I can't even remember the last time I saw someone who wasn't professional level sculpting an entire 40k figure from scratch.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a tutorial in making sonic weapons for noise marines.

I've scouted the forums as well as Google to no avail. If there is a tutorial that exists, I'd be eternally grateful if someone could link me. If not, could someone possibly create a guide at all? I'm stumped as to how to go about starting in the sculpting/conversion process, as well as what materials I might need other than green stuff and milliput.

Thanks in advance. :)

Was there something specific you're looking for in the way of sonic weapons? Copies of the GW stuff, for example? Also, do you have a tube making tool? If not, you'll definitely want to get one when you can because 1) they easily make awesome, professional looking tubing, and 2) Noise Marines kinda have a thing with tubing and power cables.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

• 3 weeks later...

Not totally sure, if this had been brought up yet (search function said no, if I used it correctly), but could one explain the purpose and use

of Liquid Green Stuff. I bought a pot and not sure, if I really got it.

Tutorial Request: Making your own transfers

Type: Other

Race: All

Details: What are your experiences with making your own transfers? Has anybody here done that? Been pondering about designing some transfers, but have no idea on how to make them.