=][= REQUEST TUTORIALS HERE =][=

Tutorial Request: Making your own transfers

Type: Other

Race: All

Details: What are your experiences with making your own transfers? Has anybody here done that? Been pondering about designing some transfers, but have no idea on how to make them.

See the second post in this thread. Has links to decal printing tutorials.

As for how they do...

gallery_80588_10505_168409.jpg

gallery_80588_10505_56023.jpggallery_80588_10505_247855.jpg

Those are a mix of GW transfers and my own designs, and printed on both clear paper (the black logos) and white paper (the yellow Raptor on the Deredeo's missile launcher).

• 2 months later...

Modelling request

Space Marines

True scale bikes

After about 5 years away from the hobby I am returning. I really like the scale of the Primaris Marines and I want to make some True Scale Bikers, I will be starting off using Reivers as the Marine but I am mot sure how to make the bikes bigger to make a good ascetic. Any help / suggestions would be me

Hey guys the title says it all. I wish to start a dark hunters force but i dont know how to paint the axe which is the chapter symbol. Does anyone have a neat trick on how to go about it doing free hand?

I'd hit up Pop Goes the Monkey on Shapeways, have him do their curved shoulder icon for you, or try these from Plokoone's bitz,

https://www.shapeways.com/product/H2PRA2C5F/axe-v-7-shoulder-pads-x10?optionId=61865184

• 4 months later...
I did do a search for it on the forum but didn't find anything of use. What I want to see is a tutorial on painting the containers/bottles on the FW 30k apothecary miniatures. I have seen several that have a cool blended look with the bottle half empty and separated by a hard lined effect that makes it look like 3d liquid (blended light to dark)and the top half is like it is empty(light blue or white at times above the line). I thought I could find one on YouTube but haven't found anything even close. Any ideas?

I did do a search for it on the forum but didn't find anything of use. What I want to see is a tutorial on painting the containers/bottles on the FW 30k apothecary miniatures. I have seen several that have a cool blended look with the bottle half empty and separated by a hard lined effect that makes it look like 3d liquid (blended light to dark)and the top half is like it is empty(light blue or white at times above the line). I thought I could find one on YouTube but haven't found anything even close. Any ideas?

You might like these two:

Instead of the dark top, you can simply swap the black for a range of blues, start the darkest blue at the top liquid line (which should be the brightest part of the liquid), blending upward to a light blue. Use extra bright blue or a bright grey (1:1 Ulthuan Grey:White Scar or equivalent) to do highlights on the exterior of the vial to show the light glinting off of it.

You might like these two:

Instead of the dark top, you can simply swap the black for a range of blues, start the darkest blue at the top liquid line (which should be the brightest part of the liquid), blending upward to a light blue. Use extra bright blue or a bright grey (1:1 Ulthuan Grey:White Scar or equivalent) to do highlights on the exterior of the vial to show the light glinting off of it.

I had been looking for something like this!

• 1 month later...

Would anyone be able to tell me how to do NMM on a Deathwatch Power Sword?

The reason I ask is that I understand the theory on how this would work on a sword with a raised centre on the blade, which is split in two halves - one dark at the bottom, bright at the top, the other the opposite. The Deathwatch power sword, however, has the two edges, and a wide flat section on the blade - I don't want the flat section to have split colours, without a raised ridge.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for advice on painting Mephrit Dynasty Necrons.

Primary: Olive-ish green (or metal)

Secondary: metal (or olive-ish green)

Accent (energy): bright-ish orange

From Google images...NOT my army:

Hidden Content

http://korphome.ru/warhammer40k/img/PHhFLDF9QEA.jpg

• 1 month later...

If you can, get a hold of WD 46, it has a painting guide for them.

Body is standard Necron colours

Guns are black > grey highlights > White highlights

Green bits are Deathworld Forest > green shade >Zemesi Desert highlight

Orange bits are Jokero Orange > bloodletter wash > Trollslayer highlight > fire dragon

Immortals Head bits are Celestra grey > White highlight

Also, vids for the orange bits:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've also a request.

So, I was thinking of doing a more Mad Max type of Ork army, and was wondering if anyone could give me assistance in coming up with a scheme for doing the Ork's skin. I was thinking of something like this Ork (painted by someone named Tortoise from what I can tell?):

282244_md-Albino%2C%20Axe%2C%20Nob%2C%20

I was thinking of using possibly Death Guard Green, Caliban Green or Waaagh! Flesh as a base, and getting progressively paler from there?

HI guys i have tried searching but nothing came up.

I am after a tutorial for making a marine holding his helmet like the FW mk4 captain.

99550101255_MkIVCommandCharacters05.jpg

Like him? Well, I'm not sure, but you could get whatever Mark helmet you want, and possibly using one of the arms from a Space Marine bike?

Gederas, I would do that pale flesh by using washes over a white base coat. Perhaps Athonian Camoshade if you want a bit of green, or Agrax Earthshade, then either Nuln Oil or more Agrax.

Quick, too ;)

Gederas, I would do that pale flesh by using washes over a white base coat. Perhaps Athonian Camoshade if you want a bit of green, or Agrax Earthshade, then either Nuln Oil or more Agrax.

Quick, too ;)

Hmm... That sounds like it could work. And then what, using the grey and white paints to clean it up or something? Perhaps Wrack White and Nurgling Green? Edited by Gederas

• 4 weeks later...

Tutorial Request: Converting Pestigors

Type: Conversion

Race: Chaos

Details: I'm looking for an effective way to convert pestigors for use in Chaos armies as an alternative to Plaguebearers/Poxwalkers.

I haven't found anything like it so I'll ask here. If I missed an existing tutorial please point me to it and delete this post.

Tutorial Request: Magnetized Stormtalon/Stormhawk

Type: Modelling

Race: Space Marines (all, I think)

Details: How to magnetize the little flyer kit so that it can be run as Stormtalon or Stormhawk, preferably with all possible weapon configurations.

Edited by Quixus

Tutorial Request: Tartan/Plaid

Type: Painting

Race: Any (Space Marines mainly though)

Details: I'm looking for tips on how I can do Tartan-styled colouring, as I've finalized my homebrew Marine Chapter (took several years :lol:), and they're Celtic-inspired, and blend every Celtic culture. But I don't really know how to do Tartan/Plaid for robes/kilts. Help? :lol:

Edited by Gederas

• 6 months later...

Looking for advice/guidance on a good n' easy desert-ish color scheme for Space Marine Scouts.

I'm less inclined for actual camouflage effects and more just the overall "coyote brown" effect (like the second pic below, but maybe more tan than white for the pants/guns).

Random internet pics below.

Thanks in advance.

04db7027e07d8218f29cb102c066b4c0--space-

829680_md-Desert%2C%20Scouts%2C%20Space%

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I'd start here at least.

So, I really like the upscaled look of primaris marines, though the actual kits themselves are hit or miss, and suffer from being very static, with limited wargear. So I decided that with the 50+ basic marines I have unbuilt from the plastic heresy box sets, may as well try my hand at *true-scale* marines.

And was hoping someone on here could direct me to a good tutorial for a modeller of average talent. Cutting stuff apart with a saw and sliding in plasticard pieces I can manage, and even some limited green stuff to fill in gaps and the like, but I'm not nearly skilled enough to sculpt pieces out of raw putty. Many Thanks

So, I really like the upscaled look of primaris marines, though the actual kits themselves are hit or miss, and suffer from being very static, with limited wargear. So I decided that with the 50+ basic marines I have unbuilt from the plastic heresy box sets, may as well try my hand at *true-scale* marines.

And was hoping someone on here could direct me to a good tutorial for a modeller of average talent. Cutting stuff apart with a saw and sliding in plasticard pieces I can manage, and even some limited green stuff to fill in gaps and the like, but I'm not nearly skilled enough to sculpt pieces out of raw putty. Many Thanks

Assuming I can find it, there is the perfect tutorial for you here on the B&C.

The basics are 1mm spacers in the shins and thighs. 2mm spacer in the waist, and a 2mm spacer in the width of the torso.

The basics are 1mm spacers in the shins and thighs. 2mm spacer in the waist, and a 2mm spacer in the width of the torso.

Paging Doghouse, paging Doghouse :lol:

Paging Doghouse, paging Doghouse :lol:
I know where his tutorials are :tu:

I found it (by Elusive71) unfortunately the pics are dead. I do, however, have the required items to recreate it. I guess I have a project for this afternoon now :tu:

• 4 weeks later...

Tutorial request.

Type: Painting.

Race: Death Guard (though others potentially).

Details: I need help painting the ooze and leaking liquid details found on Death Guard miniatures. Does anyone have a good recipe? In particular does anyone know of a recipe that the GW studio themselves use?