Kapturowskis Death Guard & World Eaters [Update 1 Mar]

Painted two more bustes trying out different schemes. Quite a fun and quick way to experiment. I like painting the rust as it means I won't have to use any metallic paints.

gallery_28439_5581_46614.jpg

@ Terminatorinhell, Mithril hound, Captain Mick, Chaplain Hiltraud & Brother-Captain Sharp

Thanks you!

Painted two more bustes trying out different schemes. Quite a fun and quick way to experiment. I like painting the rust as it means I won't have to use any metallic paints.

Wowsers! :angry: Consider this paint scheme and rust idea stolen for my Plague Marines... ;) Great work! :tu:

Started painting my first Forge World Plague Marine. I messed up a bit when doing the washes and used a darker one than I had planned so it all ended up a bit browner than intended.

gallery_28439_5581_12710.jpg

@ Lord Ragnarok

Thank you! Please, go ahead and borrow, would love to see what you come up with :angry:.

@ kizzap88

Thanks! I'm pretty sure this isn't my original idea anyway so go ahead!

@ -=Dan=-, Captain Mick, kenshin138, firestorm40k

Thank you!

Yeah I've got the kit waiting on my shelf. I built this while waiting for it to arrive and to try out sculpting belly armour and building the weapons. Also, the list I'm building towards has two three man squads of Terminators so I needed one built from regular parts.

I just noticed all your death guard marines have like goats toes??

Awesome small touch! sweet!

And yeah mixing deathguard with mark 3 armour... wow! ££££ army mate!

How do you paint the rusty parts of the armour, such as the eye sockets and joints?

Stippling, washes etc?

Im painting a plague marine model as a test-piece for a friend, and this thread has given me a lot of inspiration.

@ teku

Yeah, I think the toes look good on them too :).

@ MagicMan

It's basecoated with Scorched Brown, next up is a mix of Vermin Brown and Scorched Brown then pure Vermin Brown and lastly Vermin Brown and Fiery Orange mixed together. I apply the highlights heavily thinned with water and apply every mix in several coats. I hope that makes some kind of sense :).

@ Terminatorinhell, Mithril hound, Captain Mick, Chaplain Hiltraud & Brother-Captain Sharp

Thanks you!

I think you should paint your squads incorporating all three. I like the variation of it.

Archived