IA: The Red Lords

Ace Debonair

Which would be a brilliant argument, except not once did I say the recruits have to go through the labyrinth as part of the trial. :lol:

B-bu-bu-but what's the point of having a labyrinth if nobody has to go through it? I don't understand English people at all :) .

Edit:

Alright, if you say so :P .

Which would be a brilliant argument, except not once did I say the recruits have to go through the labyrinth as part of the trial. ;)

B-bu-bu-but what's the point of having a labyrinth if nobody has to go through it? I don't understand English people at all :D .

Not every fortress monastery is Chekhov's Gun; it's ok to have elaborate defences that are not used at all in the rest of the IA. ;)

It's probably going to go in a sidebar, anyhow.

Also, the English work in mysterious ways. :P

There needs to be some motivating factor to drive children towards the Fortress Monastery. If you run things Hunger Games style, promising rewards to the communities that offer worthy recruits, able to trek through the labyrinth, that could work. It even makes sense from a genetic prospective: Communities which sire able bodied boys are given the resources to sire more able bodied boys for the Red Lords.

Somehow I missed that yesterday. I approve very much of this idea, and will be blatantly stealing it. B)

Which would be a brilliant argument, except not once did I say the recruits have to go through the labyrinth as part of the trial. ;)

B-bu-bu-but what's the point of having a labyrinth if nobody has to go through it? I don't understand English people at all :)

Because otherwise David Bowie has no use left in the world...?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived