Queensland

Brother Tyler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Brisbanite here. Other players I know live in Darra (1x), Ipswich (1x) and Highgate Hill (2x). I had a mate that lived the next street over that used to play but he's gone to England now :blink:

Anyone know of cheap places to buy minatures? Online is a good option for me right now but the best site I found seems to have gone out of business (wargames empire) :(

• 1 month later...

I live on the north side of Brisbane not far from Boondal and Chermside.

My gaming is curtailed until early 2010 as everything is packed while we buy/sell/move home. Prior to packing everything I had spent a few days out at Bray Park at a gaming club there that met once a month but I will be looking for some more, hopefully closer and more regular, gaming opportunities once all the messing around of moving house is over. We are only moving 5 minutes down the road though so will still be in the same area.

My armies include (in various stages of completeness);

A moderately large Tau force (Combat Patrol to 2500+)

An incomplete Raven Guard force (could probably build legal Combat patrol - 1000pt armies currently - aiming for 2-2.5k)

An incomplete Iron Warriors force (As per Raven Guard)

I also plan on building a custom gaming table some time after we move so would not mind having local gamers around for a game every now and again.

In response to Shoitaan's question:

There is a place in Shailer Park called Irresistible Force. They also have an online presence and offer the typical independent retailer discounts.

There is also the Ace Comics chain of comic/gaming stores. I have heard they have three stores but I only know of their Annerley and City (Queen St Mall) stores specifically. Like IF, they also do the independent retailer discounts but I don't think they have an online sales capability.

• 1 month later...

I live in Forest lake Brisbane and also My other mate lives over morningside way.

We hang out at the Palmdale/Mt Cravit (howerer you spell it) GW store, if you hang out there you may know us as the big rowdy Kiwi lads.....

Edited by Spazmonkey

Southside of brisbane at the Palmdale GW, running with 3000ish points of templars. Tallish, bearded, white shirt, lose alot.

As for online stores, i find it hard to go past Maelstrom games (google it). They are based in the UK, but offer free shipping and usually I'll save 15-20$ on alot of stuff and have a great range. Warhammer, flames of war, warmachine etc etc. Awesome for vech's and the like. Just make sure they have the stock otherwise you'll be waiting for weeks.

I also use The combat company (Again, google), a sydney (I think its sydney) based store. Great for bits and pieces if you're big on conversions though the savings aren't as good, also, no free shipping. But the owner is a fairly solid guy and they almost always have stock in.

Anyway. I'm always up for a game and I'm usually there on friday nights and maybe saturdays.

• 2 weeks later...
I live on the north side of Brisbane not far from Boondal and Chermside.

I also live on the north side of Brisbane, Lutwyche specifically. I don't play 40k by my two room mates do, one of which is on B&C somewhere... I don't know his forum name though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi i live out in near ipswich near Moggill,

I go to the Brisbane gamesworkshop and am about to start a Blood Angels Army

my current army is about 1325pts of Imperial Guard

do you ever head into ipswich? there is a place there called Underworld Games, heaps of Warhammer stuff <_< and there is a club out this way called 5000+ Games, just incase its easier then going into brissy :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

does anyone live on the sunny coast.

We have a GW here but nobody ever has an army of over 1500pts.

as many of you probly know that sucks. even more for me because i am building the bloodangles chapter.

Anyway if any of you live on the coast there will be a gaming club opening near the university soon.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just found warhammer 40k last week, found the guys at the Palmdale centre GW store really good. Dan and Jeremy have been really good, and Geoff looked after me with pricing for my two first armies (BA + Ork 1500). We live in Sunnybank Hills.

• 2 months later...

G'day lads,

My mate and I are looking for two 40k gamers who live close to the Kenmore /Toowong area (westside). I've got a 8X5 table (two joined together), which is perfict for 2 vs 2 games, anything up to 1500 - 2000 pts each. If any one is keen, just pm me.

Frank

Guys.

If your into 40k  or some of the lesser games out there and your in Brisbane, you could always come to the Blind Pig!

The Pig has been continually running for THIRTEEN years and has a solid core of 40k players, the usual game size is 1850 points and every third Pig we run Little Wars, a 2,500 point game. We have the best table top scenery Brisbane and a friendly crew, no WAAC players so why not bring an army to the next Pig?

The cost of entry is $5.00 and your first visit is free! We do a sausage sizzle at lunch for $2.00 and drinks for the same price.

The Blind Pig
First and Third Saturday of each Month, February to mid-December 9-30am to 4-30pm
The Finnish Hall 62 Newham Rd Mt Gravatt Brisbane QLD

Link to our birthday bash; http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96825

Edited by Thylacine

• 4 weeks later...