South Australia

Brother Tyler

I guess I'll kick off here. From the Salisbury Downs area, still working on finishing my main force and will probably get back into active gaming sometime next year. Till then I'll stay nice and fluffy ;)

Any recommendations for decent gaming spots?

• 2 weeks later...

G'day,

I have recently joined B&C. I don't get to game much nowadays but still collect & paint.

I have a Nightlords force (4ed), Khornite force, (Orks galore) and now SMs.

I was hunting around to develop some background for my SMs. Great to find this knowledge base.

I was going to build an Ultramarines force but liked the Crimson Fists picture on the old SM codex, plus the crusade style of the Templars has me slightly hooked. I'm thinking of building a Declates Campaign force but! are the Templars to similar to the SWs?. I have a 'one-day-to-be-assembled SW force.

Hiya people, I'm in the Plympton area, I recommend a shop called military hobbies on port rd as they do the 10% discount thingy on all GW purchases over $20. They don't have a great range in stock but order in for ya. I'm not a plant, though I realise that I just did an ad for 'em, I just have difficulty with the current pricing structure of GW products. Oh and there is a lot of 2nd hand stuff there too. I've been a 40k junkie for over a decade and have approx 18000 pts of chaos space marines, 5000 pts or so of Orks, 3000 pts or so of eldar,tau and necrons. I have a deep and abiding love for 40k and I love my csm but I'm finding the new codex bland. But even worse, Eldar get mashed vs most forces unless I spend daft money on vehicles I don't really want so I'm sidelining a whole army due to list issues! Oh well.

I don't get to game much due to my job commitments and y'now, life and a wife etc, etc but I'm nearly finished a tourney force of plague marines 1750pts so then I'll get some games probably just to watch the lovely freshly painted and converted models get mullered asap!! such is the life of a gamer.

Peace out - Slappy

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering,

how many SA folk collect only as opposed to playing regular games? The fluff got me interested in 40k. Actually I used to have several large EPIC armies which got a run on the paddock. Now it is cut and paint only.

• 1 year later...

hey south ozzies from holden hill here. i too am looking for a local club that isnt full of fanatics lol

correction moved to Surrey Downs

Edited by LaCroix

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy 40k Gamers. We are a small group of 9 in the southern suburbs (Noarlunga area) and have a campaign group that has room for ONE of the following to join into our Round Robin Campaign group:

Eldar

Dark Eldar

Necrons

Chaos Demons

We currently have 9 players and a permanent venue with ample terrain and 5 boards. We play either Saturday afternoons / evenings (times either 12-6pm or 3-9pm) or Sundays (12-6pm). very relaxed group and friendly, but would prefer mature players.

If this sounds like you and you could regularly attend once a month, drop me a PM or send an email to draenath@hotmail.com

Cheers!

• 6 months later...

hey there South Aussies!!

i honestly didn't expect this many SA peeps on 1 forum. but anyways!!

Ill be starting to collect again soon. and was wondering if anyone knew any decent places to buy from? my brother brought heaps from maelstrom games over in the UK. i was wondering if there was something like that (similiar) prices to it anyway, closer to home.

secondly.. is there many places around that host games and such. cause the only 2 GWs i know of are at Marion and in the city. but they are quite small. and last i heard the Marion one was getting shut down. oh and close to the southern suburbs (Reynella) area would be sweet!

anyways. thanks guys. hope to see some of you guys/girls around!

• 9 months later...

does anyone know a hobby shop in Adelaide that sells plasticard, rare earth magnets, green stuff and other hobby essentials.

im looking in-between Mawson lakes and city east.

im after cheep stuff

anyone can list any other essentials that i might need

thanks warmammer

• 1 month later...

Warmammer,

I get my plasticard and other tools of the tabletop from:

Military Hobbies, Port Road, Hindmarsh

300 Port Road Hindmarsh SA 5007

(08) 8346 1312

(I realise it is just out of your zone but not too far.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Heads up to 40k gamers in SA, some nice painted figures available from Military Hobbies, Hindmarsh. Just picked up some Sterngaurd/ veterans 10 @ $5ea (painted).  Scouts, SM & SW, DA CSM and more available (painted).

By the way I shop there (for more than just GW), that's my only relationship with the place.

Heads up to 40k gamers in SA, some nice painted figures available from Military Hobbies, Hindmarsh. Just picked up some Sterngaurd/ veterans 10 @ $5ea (painted).  Scouts, SM & SW, DA CSM and more available (painted).

By the way I shop there (for more than just GW), that's my only relationship with the place.

Thanks for the heads up Journeyman. I'll have to go in and have a look. Haven't been through in a while.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Guys, I'm from the Modbury Area and only just recently got back into the hobby after a ten year hiatus, last time I picked up a brush was when I was 13.

so anyone wanting to sort of take me under their wing would be much appreciated.

Hey Guys, I'm from the Modbury Area and only just recently got back into the hobby after a ten year hiatus, last time I picked up a brush was when I was 13.

so anyone wanting to sort of take me under their wing would be much appreciated.

Ask, and ye shall receive. :)

There is actually a wargaming club in your area. Garrison Wargaming Club, located right next to Modbury Heights High School (The Heights).

I'll PM you my contact details, and we can have a chat if you like.

Regards,

Spartan.

• 1 month later...

Hey fellow South Aussies

I  was wondering what we play/ preference in this state? I have:

• Crimson Fists,
  • SM Scout (at the moment CF)'
  • Nightlords'
  • Khornite.

Slightly more points on the chaos side. (not to mention zenos orks and elder... sh! I said not to mention them)

Does anyone have Shrike in their force?

I find that amusing (for non-aussies, the piping shrike is on our state flag)

Hey Journeyman,

My armies include:

Sisters of Battle

Blood Angels

Space Wolves

Imperial Guard

Eldar

Orks

The general preferences I've seen is mainly power armoured armies, GK and DA seem to be very popular, also Tau, for obvious reasons.

I'd love to make a Raven Guard army, but Mantis Warriors are next on my dream list.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Dropped into GW (city) today and met Luke the new manager. 

I have always had good service there (mind you I generally rock up off peak).

The manager is dead, long live the manager!

Respect to the old gaurd, welcome to the new gaurd.

There's a new sherrif in the shire.

Yes I congratulated like on Wednesday at ttp Britain made a joke that if I had of applied I would have gotten the position but I said it doesn't pay enough for my plasticrack addiction :D

I'm happy Luke got the job hopefully he can turn the store around again.

Wish they would move down near shintokyo & for that matter move the comic shop there to!

Yes I congratulated like on Wednesday at ttp Britain made a joke that if I had of applied I would have gotten the position but I said it doesn't pay enough for my plasticrack addiction :biggrin.:

I'm happy Luke got the job hopefully he can turn the store around again.

Wish they would move down near shintokyo & for that matter move the comic shop there to!

C'mon the exercise will do you good  :yes:

• 2 months later...

Calling all south Australians,

Looking at starting a badab war campaign so far we have a raptors player nova marines & charachadons player.

Will you take up a banner and join us in baddab

:D

PM me if your interested in the details