Dark Angels StrikeForce

bevulf

Looking great!

it's funny how every model is standing on 2 slabs of stone though :)

"don't touch the grass brother! if you do you're out!"

awesome freehand on the standard of devestation, was always my favorite

• 2 weeks later...

Below are marines that I've finished today - 3 devastators and 2 marines from the 2nd tactical squad.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x240/bevulf/08DevastatorsandsomeTacticalMarines.jpg

For the devastators I will include a heavy bolter marine in robe and sergeant (also in robe).

As I am a little bit tired of painting green armour I am planning to paint some deathwing terminators in the coming weeks.

Cheers

Nice marines, very nice.

As I am a little bit tired of painting green armour I am planning to paint some deathwing terminators in the coming weeks.

Can't wait to see if they are up to the same standard as your green boys.

[EDIT]

Hehe just realised I've said pretty much exactly the same thing as Gilly *slaps forehead*

[/EDIT]

Thanks again for your comments guys.

I am not a great painter and my technique is rather simple. I am glad you like the final effect but I assure you that you can do the same.

I will do a 'stage by stage' of how I paint the armour (with pictures) after I finish Terminators so keep checking this thread :)

• 6 months later...

Yeah I know, it’s been a long time. I’ve been busy painting some blood angels, but now I am back and started assembling the mightiest terminators from the deadliest company in the galaxy:

D E A T H W I N G

So expect some nasty pictures in a short time…

Terminators assembled:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x240/bevulf/DSCF5025.jpg

I am a fan of 2nd/3rd edition deathwing termies so i plan to paint mine exactly the same way as the old metal ones:

http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Dark_Angel_Deathwing_Terminator.gif

I hope some of you like the idea :)

Definitely. But I would warn you that when I tried the same scheme on the new termies it didn't look quite right. Perhaps my green was too dark - yours looks like it might be more appropriate. I eventually settled on gold chest eagles - it seems to work quite well. So that would be an alternative if the green doesn't work out.

Definitely. But I would warn you that when I tried the same scheme on the new termies it didn't look quite right. Perhaps my green was too dark - yours looks like it might be more appropriate. I eventually settled on gold chest eagles - it seems to work quite well. So that would be an alternative if the green doesn't work out.

Love the addition of the daggers to bring them inline with the old minis. How did you do the sheath?

I have a squad of terminators to put together myself and would like to mimic that sheathed dagger.

I plan to paint chest eagles with snot green, shade it with dark angels green and highlight it with scorpion green/skull white in several layers. I suppose that this is how the old termies' chest eagles were painted.

Good news is that I almost finished painting armour :P

I hope to take pictures soon

Archived