Dark Angels StrikeForce

bevulf

Yeah I need to fix it. Camera always shows all the faults on miniatures ;)

More good news - Deathwing termies will be ready in 3 days so keep checking !!

Brothers !!!!!!

It is time.

Deep Striking...

D E A T H W I N G

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x240/bevulf/Deathwing000.jpg

Hope you like them.

thanks guys :cry:

as for the recipe, it is as follows:

01. Codex Grey Basecoat

02. Iyanden Darksun

03. Iyanden+Bubonic Brown (1:1 mix)

04. Ogryn Flesh + Little Bestial Brown Wash

05. Iyanden + Bleached Bone (1:1)

06. Gryphonne Sephia Wash

07. Iyanden + Bleached Bone (1:2 mix)

08. Bleached Bone

09. Bubonic Brown Wash - heavily watered-down

10. Bleached bone + Skull White Highlight

11. Skull White as final highlight

it's freehand - banner and all badges are freehand.

I am an old fan and player - i remember first time when I saw Deathwing Terminators - it was their look that took me. I like the new feel of Dark Angels but i will resemble the old feel on my miniatures.

More Views:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x240/bevulf/Deathwing020.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x240/bevulf/Deathwing030.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x240/bevulf/Deathwing040.jpg

Deathwing Banner Close-Up: "Ir Akae Mortis" - "Upon the Wings Of Death"

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x240/bevulf/irakaemortis.jpg

Superb - I'm really impressed. They do look astonishingly like the old versions. I think you've pulled it off very well. The only bit I'm not 100% certain on is the red of the Deathwing emblems on the shoulder pads. I feel it needs breaking up a little more or all the beautiful detail could get drowned out a bit. But that really is a minor quibble and that's far better than I could do!

Thanks guys for all your comments,

Gilly, I didn't want to highlight the deathwing emblems too much because I think that I would end up with the emblems looking more orange than red. I focused mainly on shading them.

They may look like not finished but it was done on purpose.

Next addition to my army will be the most successfull Interrogator Chaplain of our Chapter...

A S M O D A I

I love the miniature and I hope he will be back in the next codex !!

Sorry bevulf, I didn't mean unfinished - they do look good. I just think they should pop a little more, maybe by painting the sword a different colour? That might help to break it up. I should emphasise that this really is only a minor, tiny quibble.

bevulf, people like you, who have such amazing skill, make me both happy, because looking at such great work is very pleasing to the senses, and sad, because it makes my work look even homlier. Ah, well, the feeling is more sweet than it is bitter. Good job! :)

That's very kind of you and I am really thankful for your kind words. I am in love with the green marines for over a decade and maybe this thrill me to paint more nad more of them.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been busy working on some other painting projects for almost 3 weeks but today is the day of the Dark Angels !!!!

Here it is Ladies and Gents - finished Interrogator-Chaplain:

A S M O D A I

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x240/bevulf/asmodai1.jpg?t=1278090524

of course I won't leave him without any company so Azrael and Ezekiel are next :P

Fantastic minis! I really like your army and your painting style, especially all the painted details (banners, legs, etc...)

keep up the good work!

Just as I was about to pick up a brush, I quit again. LOL So depressing when I see my work and then I see yours. Keep up the good work, I love to see more.

You shouldn't be Hsojvaad - everyone starts out looking enviously at the skills of others. Practice really does help. Trust me! I'm nowhere near Bevulf's skill, but I have improved noticeably since when I first started. Persevere!

Thanks guys for all your comments

- VanSan: I am glad that you like my miniatures but they are nothing compared to your magnificent army. I am totally blown away by your latest ravenwing models !!!!

- HsojVvad: Gilly is right - you shouldn't say such things - just pick up your brush and start painting your army!!

You will see that with every miniature you will learn more. We all have our own style that we develop through painted minis - just as Gilly said - perseverance is the key.

I hope you get what I mean. Practise more and never give up. You should be encouraged to paint more !!!

Once again, I am very glad that you like my miniatures and I promise to bring you more - I will never stop painting - what could be more rewarding than painting and playing the First Legion ? :lol:

Beautiful work bevulf. I like your Asmodai very much -- but the whole lot is excellent. The banners etc are quite stunning for hand painted work. Really cool bases too that finish everything off and ties all the models together.

Cheers

I

Thanks for the encouragement. I will try. Even if it takes me once a month for a mini, I will start now. I see I rusehd my last batch and wasnt' happy with my Tyranids and DA. So I will take my time, and go back and look for the last post I asked on how to paint better.

I will make a log to see my progress. It will not be as good, as most here, but it's a start. A start is better than collecting dust and paints being dried again. Ok I will. :)

Thanks for the encouragement. I will try. Even if it takes me once a month for a mini, I will start now. I see I rusehd my last batch and wasnt' happy with my Tyranids and DA. So I will take my time, and go back and look for the last post I asked on how to paint better.

I will make a log to see my progress. It will not be as good, as most here, but it's a start. A start is better than collecting dust and paints being dried again. Ok I will. :)

Great :) I can't wait to see your minis !

Archived