Dark Angels StrikeForce

bevulf

Definitely appears to be a dividing line along the back like a 90 edge of a box done in black and there appears to be a wrinkle or highlight of some kind on the "ground" to the left hand side of the model, so I'm guessing light box with black cloth or some such. Then again it could just be my screen being wonky.

Bevulf, awesome stuff! Your guys are definitely a demotivator for me to paint! :P

Thanks guys for all your kind words !

Bryan Blaire@ you are absolutely right with the light box and the black cloth as a background :P

The difference in colour is casued by the diffent camera settings and the different sources of light that I use when taking a photo.

I have to postpone Azrael's personal command squad right now. I want to paint tactical squad first and after that the Deathwing of which I mentioned in earlier post :P

I can't wait to see your DW, probably blow my mind though.

Look at page 3.

if this is anything to go by i can't wait to see azrael and his entourage

Look at page 4 for Azreal, Belial, and Sammy

I can't wait to see your DW, probably blow my mind though.

Look at page 3.

Thanks Droma mate, I should have typed New Space Hulk DW :confused: I love his old school DW look and can't wait ot see it on the SH models, also wondering how much conversion is taking place.....

s

Lovely looking models so far,

I have a question (apologies if its been asked before, I'd go through the thread to find out but its taken me 15 minutes just to load a page today due to bad weather and crappy coverage on my mobile broadband).

Where are the bases from? They look like cast resin to me and they'd be perfect for a project I'm working on.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

I make bases myself. I use the cork, some gravel and sand. I don't really like the resin bases as there are few different types of them and patterns are repeated.

Use the cork and you will never make two the same :cuss

• 4 months later...

It's been ages. It's been ages since I last visited here...

Now I am back Brothers ! and I am ready to hunt those who fallen from the Emperor's Light !!

In my absence I wasn't idle though. I managed to finish one tactical squad (I know it is not much but I still suffer from having not enough free time to paint).

Below is the result:

1st Tactical Squad of the 3rd Company of Master Orias

gallery_46134_4822_151885.jpg

plus some more photos of my force so far:

gallery_46134_4822_568565.jpg

gallery_46134_4822_141910.jpg

gallery_46134_4822_307045.jpg

You may ask 'what about the others ?' Well, I sold everything else and this is what's left. I am not planning to sell more so this is the start of the whole new army ! I have already started converting the DEATHWING SQUAD so you know what to expect very very soon :P

You may ask 'what about the others ?' Well, I sold everything else and this is what's left. I am not planning to sell more so this is the start of the whole new army ! I have already started converting the DEATHWING SQUAD so you know what to expect very very soon :)

I'm stoked to hear your new army is still DA, gorgeous paintwork Bevulf, every man a masterpiece.

s

This is very high quality stuff bevulf. Very inspirational and humbling... The Ravenwing I like the most! Look forward for your DW squad! Should we also expect the 3rd to grow? Command squad maybe?

Hope you update soon.

Thank you guys for all your kind words ! I am really glad that you still like my work !

@roninmodern - highlights are done first with a mix 1:1 Chaos Black and Astronomicon Grey then followed with pure Astronomicon Grey (dilluted with water)

@Captain Semper - Yes, I plan to paint more marines of the 3rd company (at least one more tactical squad, one assault and devastators) + a lot of various tanks. I just started with the deathwing because they've been sitting on my desk for so long.

Picture of assembled terminators very soon (maybe tomorrow!) :D I have already assembled sergeant - I hope to suprise you :)

@Zebukkuk - I do not plan to use the SH torsos. I used one for the sergeant but only because removing the blood angels icon was quite easy. The rest are resembling the blood angels so much that removing all the icons don't make sense to me. I used normal ones with some feathers and purity seals added.

@egon1six - the small feathers are from the small shields that can be found on Dark Angels Veterans Sprue:

http://www.modelbits.co.uk/images/dark_angels_accessory_terminator_small_shield_b.jpg

@Wayward - yes, it was a hard decision but I am happy that they are now in the hands of a serious collector and also a BIG Dark Angels fan. So, all in all they are in good hands :)

@Captain Semper - the ceremonial swords came from the Catachan Command Squad Sprue (I bought several from a bitz store):

http://www.modelbits.co.uk/images/catachan_command_squad_single_sword_1_large.jpg

Archived