- Space Hulk - RULES FAQ -

paintner

Ok, I understand. But I disagree with this nonsensical limitation.

I'll play my own rules then:

Range of 12 means 12 squares of flames, or less if there's a door.

Flames are 3 squares wide at junctions (same as in rooms when you think of it)

Thanks for helping me confirm that GW can have weird ideas (section = cardboard puzzle piece, stupid really...) and great ones (Space Hulk as a whole)

I can agree with you some that the rules are rather stupid in the sense of the flamer.

when I first looked the the pieces I thought the flamer only did the damage the size of the marker, before I read the rules =)

but 12 squares is a rather long range and makes it overpowered in some way. I think it might be why they limited it to sections, as most sections are 3-5 squares. I would say 5 squares in a corridor would be more fair then 12. 2 infront and 2 after and one in target square.

Ok, I understand. But I disagree with this nonsensical limitation.

I'll play my own rules then:

Range of 12 means 12 squares of flames, or less if there's a door.

Flames are 3 squares wide at junctions (same as in rooms when you think of it)

Thanks for helping me confirm that GW can have weird ideas (section = cardboard puzzle piece, stupid really...) and great ones (Space Hulk as a whole)

Think of it as a grenade of sorts, if you chuck a grenade in a small room, the fragmentation is only going to affect a small room. But the grenade has the potential to devastate a much larger area than what it was used for. If you use the Heavy Flamer in SH as the template from 40k, then the genestealers have no way of getting to the HF terminator. There is a reason why its a "targeted" shot, because its already quite powerful, even with the ammo limitations.

Makes sense to me. Corridors may be a waste of flamer shots, whereas rooms and junctions are beautiful targets, which forces the genestealers to try to come down the corridor instead of just sitting around when a HF is present.

• 3 months later...

I have a couple of questions:

Question #1 As a Marine if I spend an action point to move, I also get a free shot with my storm bolter. So my question is, how much does it cost to move and use the flamer?

Option #1 It costs 1pt to move and 2pts to shoot the flamer (as if you were stationary)

Option #2 It costs 1 pt to move and 1 additional pt to shoot the flamer. The additional pt reflecting the fact that it normally costs 2pts to shoot the flamer.

Option #3 It costs 1 pt total to move and shoot the flamer.

Personally I don't think #3 is viable. I can see the arguement for either option #1 or #2. Personally I lean towards #2 as the total cost of the move/shoot is 2pts same as shooting. Which is the same logic for move/shoot with the standard storm bolter (1pt).

Question #2 I believe it is mission 8 (don't quote me on that one) that the space marine player has to roll each round to see if he gets his next squad into play. Being that there is only one entry point, can a genestealer camp the very last spot of the space marine entry point and refuse entry to the marines? Marines can do it to genestealers so who not in reverse?

I don't have a good solution for this one. Currently we (my local group) do not allow camping of the Marine entry way until this question is figured out.

Thanks

• 4 years later...
I'm going to be receiving a copy of the rules etc for third edition of SH and I was wondering if anyone knows if GW still has the official FAQ on their site somewhere, or perhaps Black Library as the link on the first page is now out of date and directs you to the GW main page sad.png

Archived