= 1,000 Chapter Gallery Project =

Philip S

@ Evz - do you have a v5 painter version armed with a bolter? Do the wings like like a McDonald's golden arches?

Will this do??

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/293521_10150347943821800_617466799_9829394_1266895_n.jpg

And yeah, but like, wings. With feathers. ^_^

@ Evz - that'll do nicely :) . The image you linked looks like an 'm'. It's a bit too abstract; it's like when you're a kid and draw 'm' in the sky for a bird, you know it's a bird because it's in the sky, but on a shoulder pad it may just look like an 'm'. Could the symbol be based on the Blood Angels or Dark Angels symbol without the blood drop or sword?

Philip

Edited by Philip S

@ Evz - that'll do nicely ;) . The image you linked looks like an 'm'. It's a bit too abstract; it's like when you're a kid and draw 'm' in the sky for a bird, you know it's a bird because it's in the sky, but on a shoulder pad it may just look like an 'm'. Could the symbol be based on the Blood Angels or Dark Angels symbol without the blood drop or sword?

Philip

I think that a set of red angel wings would be better off. :P

Edited by Evz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very, very nice project. I like it a lot.

A awesome feature would be, if there was also a subsite for each chapter where players of that chapter could upload or post pictures of their miniatures of that chapter.

For example if you play the hammers of Dorn, it might be hard to find inspiraton or just painted miniatures of that chapter, but not if you have a central rescource side.

Lexicanum started small too.

I like that you linked the chapter names to the Lexicanum.

Edited by Dark Scipio

A awesome feature would be, if there was also a subsite for each chapter where players of that chapter could upload or post pictures of their miniatures of that chapter.

I figured that could be handled here on B+C, where fans of a chapter could set up a dedicated blog. While only one user can be in charge of a blog, members can post in comments. This would allow the inventor of a DIY chapter be set up the blog, and for others join in and post material.

At a later date I want to add in more than one link per official cannon chapter, a Lexicanum link, and perhaps a link to a fan made project.

@ A17roolz - thanks. I've updated the gallery link.

Philip

While only one user can be in charge of a blog, members can post in comments. This would allow the inventor of a DIY chapter be set up the blog, and for others join in and post material.

In the 3.x change over there is a group blog function so if multiple folks are working on a single Chapter they can all post to the blog.

@ Kurgan the Lurker - that sounds fantastic. I like the idea of linking to group blogs, so those who like a chapter can join in.

@ tiny sam - yep, I'm still taking chapters. I'll add yours to the next update.

Philip

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings,

The Vulture Legion a brief introduction.

The origins of the Vulture Legion are shrouded in mystery; few basic facts have been gleaned from what survives of the Imperial archive on Terra other than that they may have inherited Gene-seed from the 1st Founding Chapter “Raven Guard” .

Theories exist that the Grand Masters of the Imperium had long sought to produce an enhanced space marine. The Inquisition on the other hand required a greater number of Orders Militant to support the Grey Knights. The Grand Masters of the Inquisition are thought to have arranged for a new grafting to the Sus-an Membrane, which is surgically implanted during stage 12 of the creation of a marine. This flat, circular organ is implanted over the top of the exposed brain. It then grows into the brain tissue until completely merged. The theory continues that the genetic engineer Dr Outekk had produced an improved implant which was designed to encase the brain with a neural screen and promote the development of any latent psychic ability. No one knows for sure how many initiates died, struggling to contain the horrors of the warp; some say the experiment never happened, others that its chapters were eliminated rather than risk a greater peril from Chaos. The details of the 13th Founding are almost completely lost and it is unknown to the Imperium how many, and which Chapters were created, and if any still exist. Uncorroborated evidence quotes that the official founding date for the Vulture Legion is 584.M34.

Archival evidence suggests that also at this time the Inquisition formed an enclave known only to the High Lords of Terra and a select number of Imperial agencies. Its name was the Ordo Secula, the Order of the Scythe. The purpose of this enclave is unclear but it has been conjectured that they were to oversee the development of the Chapters of the 13th Founding, and watch for any taint of Chaos.

Assumed History

As early as 270. M34, there is a an incomplete report from an Interrogator who was part of an Inquisitorial Task force engaged in the pacification and cleansing of the Dacian home world. It mentions the arrival in orbit of a small fleet of starships, which landed six companies of grey and black suited marines. The armour of these marines bore no visible chapter markings. Their unexpected assistance, combined with a precision bombardment from their accompanying fleet, turned the tide against the Chaos cultists the subsequent “Exterminatus” levelled the world in to the dead planet of later centuries. On Lorus 6 they have records of marines matching the Vulture Legions’ description fighting off Eldarion raiders in the year 729.M37

Archives on many worlds, record the visit by grey and black sky warriors who came with gifts but often left with dozens of young men and not all were willing volunteers. From this it can be deduced that until M41 the chapter was fleet-based, roaming the Eastern fringes of the Galaxy, enforcing the will of the Imperium. There is mention of the Vulture Legion fighting Ork on any number of worlds within the Damocles Cluster some three hundred years later

@ Jaydenn Kore - are you claiming this MIA chapter? This thread is really for links to IA, rather than a place to post IAs. Do you have an IA on B&C?

If you do have an IA, or quickly put one together, please post the link here. It's a separate thread to deal with reclaiming MIAs.

An IA does not have to be overly complex, it could be your post above as a thread over on the + LIBER ASTARTES + board, along with your original Space Marine image.

I'll put in a temporary link to your above post for now.

+++

Edit;

Gallery updated. 1058 chapters! I've added the Archons of Vaan, Brothers Sempiternus, Order of St Gregory, Phoenix Knights, Scribes of Veneticus, Sky Hammers, and the Vermilion Wings.

Philip

Edited by Philip S

Greetings, Yes the Vulture Legion as shown in the image is mine. I have not posted anything in IA and at present the brief introduction, history and Chapter organisation is all I am willing to post. As time allows I shall post more.

Greetings, Yes the Vulture Legion as shown in the image is mine. I have not posted anything in IA and at present the brief introduction, history and Chapter organisation is all I am willing to post. As time allows I shall post more.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

+++

There is still a long way to go to get 1,000 DIY+Canon chapters. Currently there are 621 Canon+DIY Chapters (354 DIY, and 267 Canon). There are still far too many MIAs.

Philip

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

+++

There is still a long way to go to get 1,000 DIY+Canon chapters. Currently there are 621 Canon+DIY Chapters (354 DIY, and 267 Canon). There are still far too many MIAs.

Philip

I will be sure to endeavour to rectify this with my *checks my database of personally made chapters* 168 Space Marine chapters...:) I think quite a number merit some history and background. :)

Cambrius

I will be sure to endeavour to rectify this with my *checks my database of personally made chapters* 168 Space Marine chapters...<_< I think quite a number merit some history and background. :D

168? Blimey, and I though I had too many with 11 :P It'll be interesting to see what you come up with!

Philip

• 1 month later...