= 1,000 Chapter Gallery Project =

Philip S

Inferno Wardens

gallery_44777_3498_116218.png

The article link currently goes to Greyall's DIY contest, though I'll be writing an expanded article once the contest is over. So I guess you might want to hold off on adding these guys for a week or two in order for me to update the link later.

Edit note - I updated the image based on the adjusted chapter badge.

Edited by Brule the Spear-Slayer

• 1 month later...

Hi, This is my attempt at making a Space Marine Chapter. Now mind you there is still work to be done on it, but positive feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=0082FF&bpj=FAF0E6&bp=0082FF&bpc=FAF0E6&hdt=0082FF&hdm=0082FF&hdl=0082FF&ey=04FF00&er=FAF0E6&pi=FAF0E6&nk=FAF0E6&ch=007DFF&eg=FAF0E6&sk=FAF0E6&abs=007DFF&bt=007DFF&cod=007DFF&ull=007DFF&lk=FAF0E6&lll=007DFF&lft=007DFF&url=007DFF&rk=FAF0E6&lrl=007DFF&rft=007DFF&slt=FAF0E6&sli=007DFF&srt=FAF0E6&sri=007DFF&ula=007DFF&lel=FAF0E6&lla=007DFF&lw=FAF0E6&lh=FAF0E6&ura=007DFF&rel=FAF0E6&rla=007DFF&rw=FAF0E6&rh=FAF0E6&bg=FFFFFF&rb=FAF0E6&gr=FAF0E6&wg=true&mk6=true&aq=true&mk7=333333&mk8=true&chps=CC0000&slips=CC0000&salamanderpad=FAF0E6&ti=FAF0E6&bs=FAF0E6&lkr1=0082FF&blt=007DFF&frag=00AA00&krk=CC0000&spl2=533B1C&spr2=533B1C&/spacemarine.jpg

http://warhammer40kfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Empyrean_Dragons

Edited by igor94wow

• 3 weeks later...

@ emperorslion - I need an IA.

Are the Scythebearers loyalists?

+++

Update: Inferno Warden and Empyrean Dragons have been added.

I noticed a lot of the links are 'dead' since the blogs have been removed....

Philip

Edited by Philip S

@ emperorslion - I need an IA.

Are the Scythebearers loyalists?

+++

Update: Inferno Warden and Empyrean Dragons have been added.

I noticed a lot of the links are 'dead' since the blogs have been removed....

Philip

The Blogs were not removed. They were damaged in the upgrade. However as Argos has had several more eye surgeries since then he has been unable to take the time to look at if they can be repaired/recovered.

@ Kurgan the Lurker - that's great news. I had started to replace all the 'dead' links with MIAs, but now I'll leave them be. I really hope the blogs can be saved! *crosses fingers*

Philip

PS: Please pass on my best wishes to Brother Argos.

• 4 weeks later...

@ Guilliman - You've put a lot of work in and the chapter looks fantastic. As your chapter is semi-official-ish it may squeeze out the current one in the gallery (or add it later as an alternative). I would prefer to link to an IA on the web: perhaps you could post here on B+C (re-format the one you have and update to match the PDF) and include links to the PDF and gallery in that post?

Philip

It's been quite a while, but I finally managed to get this done. If you're still willing to add my Chapter to the gallery then here's the link to the new IA-article here on B&C: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275145-doom-bringers-diy-chapter-ia-version-20/

And here's a repost of the colour scheme for the gallery:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/Morskittar/Doom%20Bringers%20Resources/BaC-bild.jpg

Edited by Guilliman

Good Great Work. This is my space marine. The chapter is Blitz-Bears.
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=568bfc&bpj=568bfc&bp=568bfc&bpc=568bfc&hdt=EDC71C&hdm=EDC71C&hdl=EDC71C&ey=5BAD4C&er=EDC71C&pi=8f8f8f&nk=568bfc&ch=568bfc&eg=EDC71C&sk=EDC71C&abs=568bfc&bt=568bfc&cod=568bfc&ull=568bfc&lk=EDC71C&lll=EDC71C&lft=EDC71C&url=568bfc&rk=EDC71C&lrl=EDC71C&rft=EDC71C&slt=568bfc&sli=568bfc&srt=568bfc&sri=568bfc&ula=568bfc&lel=568bfc&lla=568bfc&lw=568bfc&lh=568bfc&ura=568bfc&rel=568bfc&rla=568bfc&rw=568bfc&rh=568bfc&bg=&rb=8F8F8F&gr=8f8f8f&wg=true&mk6=true&jmp=337ADE&jmph=858483&bpr=000000&cs=3061DB/spacemarine.jpg
This one (right) is my friends so I thought I would do him a favour and add his as well. Desert Spartanshttp://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=AB7E69&bpj=AB7E69&bp=AB7E69&bpc=AB7E69&hdt=AB7E69&hdm=AB7E69&hdl=AB7E69&ey=820909&er=AB7E69&pi=AB7E69&nk=AB7E69&ch=AB7E69&eg=820909&sk=820909&abs=AB7E69&bt=AB7E69&cod=AB7E69&ull=AB7E69&lk=AB7E69&lll=AB7E69&lft=AB7E69&url=AB7E69&rk=AB7E69&lrl=AB7E69&rft=AB7E69&slt=820909&sli=AB7E69&srt=820909&sri=AB7E69&ula=AB7E69&lel=AB7E69&lla=AB7E69&lw=AB7E69&lh=AB7E69&ura=AB7E69&rel=AB7E69&rla=AB7E69&rw=AB7E69&rh=AB7E69&bg=FFFFFF&rb=363636&gr=525252&wg=true&pp=AD8F72&pws=true/spacemarine.jpg

Edited by Blitz-Bear

Here's my current work in progress... although not updated on B&C for quite some time as it goes through some rewrites.  This is the second chapter of mine as you've already include the Sanguinary Phalanx.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/230896-ia-five-suns/

The Five Suns

http://imageshack.us/a/img19/4206/fivesunsassaultmarine.jpg

Edited by exetus

Angels Revenant

gallery_26_548_34536.jpg

The livery, Chapter badge, and a very wee bit of information on the Chapter has been provided in Imperial Armour Volume Twelve - The Fall of Orpheus (this is an official Chapter).

They've been around since at least 2002 but only as a name in an article on Chapter Creation.

@ Guilliman - Thanks, I'll save this for later. edit: gallery updated :yes:

@ Blitz-Bear - do you have IA links for both? If you do have IA, can you create marines images with the standard tactical marine load-out (standard back pack and bolter) with the chapter badge applied to the shoulder?

@ exetus - I had a skim of your chapter, and see that the five suns have 'predilection for jump packs'. However, for the 1,000 chapter project could you create a 'regular' marine with a standard back pack and standard bolter?

@ Brother Tyler - Is this scheme an exact copy of one found in 'Imperial Armour Volume Twelve - The Fall of Orpheus'?

@ Kurgan the Lurker - thanks

Philip

Edited by Philip S

@ Brother Tyler - thanks.

Update: The first 'fan alternatives' have been added for Canon Chapters. A small '[fan]' link appears next to canon chapters with fan alternative IA. The first links are for: Angels of Retribution, Silver Skulls, Oblators, and the Iron Crusaders.

Philip

• 1 month later...

I would like to contribute my Chapter of the Savage Sharks

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/269752-the-savage-sharks-wip-part-3/?p=3285725

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=1F57AB&bpj=1F57AB&bp=1F57AB&bpc=1F57AB&hdt=CC0000&hdm=CC0000&hdl=CC0000&ey=1BF007&er=4989EB&pi=8F8F8F&nk=1F57AB&ch=1F57AB&eg=E2FF85&sk=F0FFCC&abs=1F57AB&bt=1F57AB&cod=1F57AB&ull=1F57AB&lk=CC0000&lll=CC0000&lft=CC0000&url=1F57AB&rk=CC0000&lrl=CC0000&rft=CC0000&slt=1F57AB&sli=1F57AB&srt=1F57AB&sri=1F57AB&ula=CC0000&lel=CC0000&lla=CC0000&lw=CC0000&lh=CC0000&ura=CC0000&rel=CC0000&rla=CC0000&rw=CC0000&rh=CC0000&bg=FFFFFF&rb=8F8F8F&gr=FFFFFF&wg=true&bpr=000000&cs=C71616&frag=00AA00&krk=CC0000&spl2=533B1C&spr2=533B1C&/spacemarine.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

A number of canon Chapters aren't listed in the project. All of these are named on page 19 of Codex: Chaos Space Marines as members of the Judged, the Chapters that participated in the Abyssal Crusade. The names in parenthesis are the excommunicate designation of the Chapter, though whether it's the entire Chapter or just a faction that turned as a result of the crusade is unknown (the lore allows for some of the Chapters to have have survivors that perpetuated the original loyal Chapter into later years, such as the Doom Legion). I'm not sure if you want to mention the traitors separately (see the Doom Legion, below).

Altar Brethren (Iconoclasts)

Argent Hammers (Talons of Anathrax)

Blades Eternal (name of traitors pending (?))

Bronze Gorgons (Crystal Wyverns)

Brothers of the Anvil (Deathmongers)

Chorus of Eltain (Chapter appears to have been entirely martyred as a result of the crusade)

Clerics of Steel (Invocators)

Crusaders of Dorn (Brotherhood of Lethe)

Fists of Olchis (note is "perditas," whatever that means)

Graven Fists (Twisted Blades)

Illustrians (The Black Psalm)

Iron Drakes (The Grey Death)

Justicars (The Fractured)

Knights Excelsior (Magma Hounds)

Lances of Pterus (Lords of Decay)

Lectors of Ixis (Oracles of Change)

Lionguard (Death Shadows)

Prophets of Mercury (Chapter appears to have been entirely martyred as a result of the crusade)

Sanctors of Terra (The Blighted Claw)

Sentinels (Corpus Brethren)

Serpents of Light (Predator Legion)

Sigilites (Malefactors)

Spears of Olympus (Bloodlords)

Star Gryphons (Sons of Midnight)

Tempest Legion (The Revelation of Gore)

Vengeance Chapter (The Flylords)

Viridian Consuls (The Broken)

The Doom Legion is listed in the project, but the codex indicates that some elements became the excommunicate "Vectors of Pox" warband (?).

The Invictors and Vorpal Swords were already listed in the project, though the traitor elements of Invictors are known as "The Unhallowed."

By sheer coincidence, none of the Chapter mentioned as missing from the project had DIY versions (which is quite surprising considering the obvious nature of a few of the names).

Not sure if Phillip S had saved mine, since he mentioned wanting to wait for more additions, so I will re-post my Emerald Tigers.

http://i.imgur.com/wpBacvC.jpg

IA thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/243479-emerald-tigers-may-29th-update-see-1st-post/

On a side note, is a Chapter symbol a requirement? Some of my Chapters have symbols, all of which are borrowed, some of which from other 40k elements, including my Emerald Tigers.

Edited by Cormac Airt

@ Savage Shark - I need a regular tactical marine armed with a standard bolter, with chapter symbol applied to the shoulder.

@ Brother Tyler - They are not listed because they are not loyalist! Thanks for the list though, and I'll save it for the chaos space marines :yes:

As a side note: I am considering adding chapters that turned to chaos - but the loyalist gallery will only include their pre-chaos colours.

@ Cormac Airt - Yep, I'll save it for later and add it when I have a few more to add.

And yes a chapter symbol is a requirement. I notice your chapter symbol is quite complex, whereas most chapters have a highly stylised symbol that is easier to paint. Have you considered using a more stylised symbol? Perhaps something based on a tribal tiger tattoo - I goggled this;

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t71/Philip_S_Avatar/Chapters/Tribal-Tiger-Tattoo.jpg

It's still a bit complex, and not very aggressive, but if you search about you might find something easier to paint.

Either way, I'll add your chapter when the time comes :thumbsup:

Philip

Thanks for the tip, Philip S, and that does look like a cool tiger. Honestly, I haven't painted a single model and I'm not sure if I ever will, though I bought the Dark Vengeance set with the intention to eventually do so. However, when it comes to Chapter symbols, I might just not bother. That said, I will look around for symbols so that they at least have one. Especially if I intend to submit them here.

Hi Phillip

I decided to have another look at my Brethren of Quirinus scheme, on a whim, and was able to do so on my phone. However, from my PC when I click the link in either the first post of this thread, or in your signiture, I get an 'Error 403' message:

The file you are trying to access [/blog/?page_id=1015] is hidden away in my forbidden cupboard of mystery -suffice to say you are not allowed to peek. If you think you should be able to see this file, and you think it ended up in the cupboard by mistake (transported while stuck to the bottom of a coffee cup maybe?) please let me know and I'll look into it.

I tried going to your homepage (which worked), and then viewing the blog from there, and a few other pathways, but keep getting the same error. Could it be an issue with my browser or similar, or is it something at your end?

@ Sgt. Cotys - the address is correct. Which browser are you using?

Philip

Firefox.

EDIT: Interestingly, I can view it on my work PC, through IE. Normally any and all blogs are blocked. I will try viewing it with IE when I get home tonight.

Edited by Sgt. Cotys