Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

= 1,000 Chapter Gallery Project =

• Please log in to reply
862 replies to this topic

PrimalMage

PrimalMage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts

Here are the canon chapters I've made images for. The image tag isn't working, so here are links.

Invictors

https://drive.google...JM_WyfdT40_tWny

Iron Crusaders

https://drive.google...1nZfXwK2mC74ToF

Iron Talons

https://drive.google...S1rZz2q-50jvvCK

Knights of Dorn

https://drive.google...5S201RuJWm-Vl6Y

Nemesis

https://drive.google...ea82OjQvfFaCUsV

Night Watch

https://drive.google...OUs3dpb_TFcP6aj

Penitents

https://drive.google...aO1dgZhpWtXrFlF

Silver Guard

https://drive.google...jbtGC6yT8aUmDSo

Sky Sentinels

https://drive.google...9a3jEj7uz4Gz4D4

Sons of Jaghatai

https://drive.google...KigVpNTKvmv4w1_

Star Phantoms

https://drive.google...NiztnZr95X0faxP

Storm Falcons

https://drive.google...AcgygsQshPcxk2V

Venerators of Osiron

https://drive.google...KXjqvDjboYwjMdh

Victors

https://drive.google...BL3joSVX9JR6vZN

Vorpal Swords

https://drive.google...5w3wdUYZWYLmWcN

I can start on the canon chapters I found that describe colour schemes, but do not have an example of one and do not have chapter badges, if you'd like.

• Philip S likes this

Philip S

Philip S

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 669 posts

Here are the canon chapters I've made images for. The image tag isn't working, so here are links.

I can access the first two, and both look good to me!
Please change the permissions on the rest of them, and I'll add them to the gallery.

I can start on the canon chapters I found that describe colour schemes, but do not have an example of one and do not have chapter badges, if you'd like.

If you have the time, that would be a great help yes.gif

PrimalMage

PrimalMage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts

Please change the permissions on the rest of them, and I'll add them to the gallery. 

I noticed that after I uploaded them. The permissions should be fine now.

• Philip S likes this

Gust0o

Gust0o

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

@Phil - more than welcome to post on your blog. Was considering starting a forum thread here (chiefly as it would stop me hijacking your work here!), but am currently using a Facebook page as a home base: https://www.facebook...chapterproject/

I'll make creating the thread a weekend job :)

The helmet is from the Forgeworld Alpha Legion upgrade set. They have a good Greco-Roman vibe, which I thought played well to the Aquamarines theme.

@Brother Cambrius - always happy to be steered for the next minis. Which ones are yours that you'd like to see?

Edited by Gust0o, 21 March 2019 - 08:57 PM.

• Philip S likes this

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,563 posts
  • Faction: Sons Of Doom,Vanquishers

@Brother Cambrius - always happy to be steered for the next minis. Which ones are yours that you'd like to see?

Oh good gravy there are upward of a 100 of them! :lol: :ph34r: A few have backgrounds written if you want more scope, or if you want a completely blank slate, I have plenty of them for you to interpret in your own way.

Cambrius

• Philip S likes this

gallery_26154_15777_7710.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.png

Zebulon

Zebulon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 479 posts
  • Faction: Several
Hi Phil, your website was invaluable to me when I got back into the hobby circa 2011 and was looking desperately across the Internet for an original DIY chapter name!

I hadn’t realised until now though how much of it had been co-ordinated via the B&C.

If I manage to improve and finish my old IA for the Storm Gauntlets, might they find a spot on your inspirational site?
  • Philip S and Gust0o like this
ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_05_.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifETL_2018_Medal_06_Dominus_Exercitus.gif

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,563 posts

Another one to add to the Roster with the owner's blessing:

And one from the past I helped to add a symbol to:

@Zebulon - Philip welcomes all loyal chapters, even if it is but one single miniature like some of mine are.

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius, 21 March 2019 - 11:35 PM.

• Philip S and Zebulon like this

gallery_26154_15777_7710.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.png

Gust0o

Gust0o

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

@Brother Cambrius - Haha, pick a favourite and I'll paint to the top of the list smile.png

Only preference would be for one with a good logo, that's doable.

Edited by Gust0o, 21 March 2019 - 11:21 PM.

• Philip S likes this

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,563 posts

@Brother Cambrius - Haha, pick a favourite and I'll paint to the top of the list smile.png

Only preference would be for one with a good logo, that's doable.

Oooh it's like asking which is my favourite child... But for some fun interpretation and opening up for conversion possibilities (and I am also making a Deathwatch army of chapters like yourself, only in the colours of this forum's very own Legio, just needs painting...) I offer to you my Decimators.

I'm going to continue trawling through any old chapters I come across form when I helped out adding symbols to colour schemes in previous years if they still exist to add to the list or reclaim, plus I've just started writing up on the Death Casters to reclaim them in all their tragic glory. :evil:

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius, 21 March 2019 - 11:56 PM.

• Philip S likes this

Philip S

Philip S

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 669 posts

I have them all except the Penitents (still blocked) sad.png

@Phil - more than welcome to post on your blog. Was considering starting a forum thread here (chiefly as it would stop me hijacking your work here!), but am currently using a Facebook page as a home base: https://www.facebook...chapterproject/

I'll make creating the thread a weekend job smile.png

The helmet is from the Forgeworld Alpha Legion upgrade set. They have a good Greco-Roman vibe, which I thought played well to the Aquamarines theme.

Thanks. Does you Aquamarine have a name? I'll add him to the Aquamarine page if he does yes.gif

I would be great if you were to start a thread here, as it drives more traffic to B&C!

Hi Phil, your website was invaluable to me when I got back into the hobby circa 2011 and was looking desperately across the Internet for an original DIY chapter name!

I hadn’t realised until now though how much of it had been co-ordinated via the B&C.

If I manage to improve and finish my old IA for the Storm Gauntlets, might they find a spot on your inspirational site?

Thanks for your support, and I'm glad I, and everyone who contributes to the 1K project, could help.

Now sort out your chapter and post a link in this thread! I look forward to seeing them smile.png 

Another one to add to the Roster with the owner's blessing:

And one from the past I helped to add a symbol to:

@Zebulon - Philip welcomes all loyal chapters, even if it is but one single miniature like some of mine are.

Cambrius

Yoink. Good work Brother thumbsup.gif

• Zebulon likes this

Hrvat

Hrvat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 847 posts

I come back after a long time and find this back up and running. This made my day! smile.png

edit@ Light Bearer on this page ( http://philipsibberi...lm/page-2/#tabs ) were my creation from way back (before the great data loss). 

Feel free to purge them. Because I have no idea if I will ever revisit the idea and if I do it is unlikely this colour scheme would stay.

Cheers 

Edited by Hrvat, 23 March 2019 - 06:21 PM.

• Philip S likes this

Gust0o

Gust0o

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

@Brother Cambrius - favourite child, indeed! Underway :)

@Hrvat - I have a rough build of one of your Light Bearers. I assumed they were straightforward in their use of the Imperial Fist iconography - best let me know if they need anything else

@Phil - hadn't considered names, let me have a think. In other news, do you have an Excel or other database file for the project? I was trying to think about how I could visually track progress, marking completed chapters off.

• Philip S likes this

PrimalMage

PrimalMage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts

I have them all except the Penitents (still blocked) sad.png

I remade the link. Try this. https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

• Philip S likes this

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,563 posts

@Brother Cambrius - favourite child, indeed! Underway :)

I am now cobsumed by giddy excitement, alongside spotting the Dark Avenger in your tool box. 😉

I am doing something similar as mentioned prior and this what my Decimator Legio/Deathwatch Counts As marine looks like currently until I paint him

@Hrvat great to see you around as well!

I'm currently tinkering with a Cursed Founding IA for the Death Casters currently, so hopwfully soon that one can be reclaimed as well.

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius, 25 March 2019 - 12:52 PM.

• Philip S likes this

Hrvat

Hrvat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 847 posts

@Hrvat - I have a rough build of one of your Light Bearers. I assumed they were straightforward in their use of the Imperial Fist iconography - best let me know if they need anything else

I am not quite sure what you are asking, but if you have written an IA doc for them I will be more than happy to read it. smile.png

Do you want to replace the gaudy green Light Bearers with your own design?

This has also piqued my interest so I went into the depths of my old hard drive and uncovered 10 word files stretching between 2005 and 2008 as my ideas evolved back then. If you are interested I am willing to send them to you as a source of inspiration (but I should warn you back then I suffered quite hard from the "My Marines are Special" syndrome blush.png  ).

@Brother Cambrius - Hey there biggrin.png
Can you give me a link to your version of Vanquishers search function is playing tricks on, so I can compare 

I have been going through my bitzboxes for the past two days looking at what I can do to get back into the power armour craze biggrin.png

It really feels great to be back here.

Cheers

Edited by Hrvat, 25 March 2019 - 05:47 PM.

• Philip S and Gust0o like this

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,476 posts

Welcome back, Hrvat. :tu:

tn_gallery_45765_15430_660.pnggallery_45765_12339_44045.pngtn_gallery_45765_11834_1547.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds.

Suffer not the Heretic to live.

Abhor the Typo.

Bruce Malcom

Bruce Malcom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts
  • Faction: Vector Royalist Imperial Soup
Can someone help me? Photoshop isn't working and I don't have the time to learn a new software, so I can't put my symbol on the pauldron like the requirements state.

The symbol is twin Diamons, one left one right, with a circle in-between. It's all red. The Space Marine is my profile pic.

Please help me, and send me the new SM Picture over Private Messages.
Support Class is the BEST!

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,563 posts

Can someone help me? Photoshop isn't working and I don't have the time to learn a new software, so I can't put my symbol on the pauldron like the requirements state.

The symbol is twin Diamons, one left one right, with a circle in-between. It's all red. The Space Marine is my profile pic.

I'd recommend using GIMP if PS is giving you trouble, it's a really easy method to add it on the pauldron too, plus the software is free is nobody can help out. Incidentally have you got an image of the chapter symbol handy and a full sized pic of the Heraldry including squad markings etc (ie the Tactical symbol on the Right Pauldron)?

A few things I spotted that need updating as well in terms of canon chapters:

• The Sons of Dorn have been renamed as the Knights of Dorn. The Sons of Dorn are now a new chapter with new heraldry to boot.
  • The Shadow Wolves now have their own heraldry as found in their Lexicanum link in the Gallery.

Obscure/Official Canon Chapter additions:

There's a few more, but are Primaris only chapters, so I've left them alone for now.

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius, 29 March 2019 - 01:54 AM.

• Philip S and Bruce Malcom like this

Bruce Malcom

Bruce Malcom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts
  • Faction: Vector Royalist Imperial Soup

I'd recommend using GIMP if PS is giving you trouble, it's a really easy method to add it on the pauldron too, plus the software is free is nobody can help out. Incidentally have you got an image of the chapter symbol handy and a full sized pic of the Heraldry including squad markings etc (ie the Tactical symbol on the Right Pauldron)?

A few things I spotted that need updating as well in terms of canon chapters:

• The Sons of Dorn have been renamed as the Knights of Dorn. The Sons of Dorn are now a new chapter with new heraldry to boot.
  • The Shadow Wolves now have their own heraldry as found in their Lexicanum link in the Gallery.
Obscure/Official Canon Chapter additions:

There's a few more, but are Primaris only chapters, so I've left them alone for now.

Cambrius

I have a Marine with a Squad Marking on him. Forget which...and sorry, I don't have the Chapter Symbol. It's quite a simple image, though. Two vertical Red Diamonds (like Atlas from No Man's Sky) with a red circle between them.
  • Philip S likes this
Support Class is the BEST!

Philip S

Philip S

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 669 posts

@ Gust0o - Done, shout out on blog,  and I've added him as Veteran Captain Jason to the Aquamarine page. Feel free to change it to something else or another story smile.png

@ Brother Cambrius - Redemptors and Marines Allegiant added, and thanks for all the information on the obscure chapters and official chapter corrections. Thanks also for leaving out the Primaris chapters msn-wink.gif

@ Hrvat - Light Bearers demoted to MIA. Thanks for the heads up.

@ PrimalMage - thank you, all the chapters you made have been added to the gallery biggrin.png

Note: I've changed my website to https, and some had to be changed by hand, so if anyone notices anything broken on the project please let me know.

• Gust0o likes this

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,563 posts

I have a Marine with a Squad Marking on him. Forget which...and sorry, I don't have the Chapter Symbol. It's quite a simple image, though. Two vertical Red Diamonds (like Atlas from No Man's Sky) with a red circle between them.

Okay. PM me the image file for your Chapter and any info you have on them and I'll see what I can do. :)

<EDIT> One thing to note as well, Philip. A few links for DIY Chapters lead to compromised websites as it pinged ip on my phone. I think it's from old blog sites. Can't remember which one it is, but there may be more.

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius, 29 March 2019 - 11:54 AM.

Philip S

Philip S

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 669 posts

@ Brother Cambrius - if you remember the dead links let me know. A few DIYs are not hosted on B&C, and die in time. I have been thinking of making it a requirement that all IA be posted on B&C, what do you think?

I've updated the Sons of Dorn, and the Shadow Wolves are on my list to be updated.

@ Gust0o - I forgot the list, here is the current canon chapter listed in the project;

Spoiler

Do you need the DIY as well, or the combined primary list (canon + DIY)?

Edit: updated list, correct @ 30 Mar 2019

Edited by Philip S, 30 March 2019 - 02:12 PM.

• Gust0o and Bruce Malcom like this

Gust0o

Gust0o

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

@ Gust0o - I forgot the list, here is the current canon chapter listed in the project;

Do you need the DIY as well, or the combined primary list (canon + DIY)?

I need canon + DIY please - list format, as per the spoiler, would be perfectly fine. You're a superstar!

Philip S

Philip S

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 669 posts

@ Gust0o - Done;

Spoiler

Edit: list updated, correct @ 30 Mar 2019

Edited by Philip S, 30 March 2019 - 02:12 PM.

• Gust0o likes this

Hrvat

Hrvat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 847 posts

Over the past few days I have been reviewing all my past creations and come to the conclusion I do have one I am sufficiently satisfied to present to be added to the 1000 Chapters list if you are open to it.

It is a Dark Angel successor from 2011 - http://www.bolterand...hl= malediction

Cheers

• Bruce Malcom likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)