Perditia

Donkey Kong

More details, you say? Let's see if this helps...

THe Infinity Knights were a 9th founding chapter, I've somehow edited that out of the IA in it's present form. Doh!

Captain Mors Altram leads the seventh company.

Captain Bruc Haedar leads the sixth company. Of the two, Altram is the more experienced, and therefore placed in charge of both companies for this campaign.

They are advised by Chaplain Habir, known even amongst the IK's other chaplains for his extremely zealous, reckless nature.

For a strike cruiser name... well, there you have me. The best I can come up right now with is the Eternium or the Everwing. Or both, if each holds a company? Is that unnecessary?

If you need better ones, I'm sure I can wring something out of my brain later. :)

As for Thunderhawks, I can see the Infinity Knights bringing along four or five, whichever number suits the story better. If this means needing more Strike Cruisers, (I have no real idea - not too clued up on the ships and similar) I'm sure the 'Knights can cope with less Thunderhawks.

With regards to the Protomangese, I'd certainly change the name, although I'm not sure what I'd recommend as a substitute. Possibly Protomius, or Protolyma.

Goosemen are indeed a scary proposition. :)

Incidentally, I'm not sure the Infinity Knights would bring only assault marines. They don't actually have any specific assault/devastator companies. Part of me doesn't like to point this out, though, in case anyone's already planned out anything relying heavily on the IK assault marines. Unless, of course, the other astartes chapters have specifically asked for more assault marines, in which case the Infinity Knights would oblige to the best of their ability and with minimal hesitation.

I also really like the description written for the Infinity Knights. Very cool!

But there's one bit that calls the Dreadnoughts the "most priced" warriors. Shouldn't that be most prized? Or have I missed something?

Incidentally, I'm not sure the Infinity Knights would bring only assault marines. They don't actually have any specific assault/devastator companies. Part of me doesn't like to point this out, though, in case anyone's already planned out anything relying heavily on the IK assault marines. Unless, of course, the other astartes chapters have specifically asked for more assault marines, in which case the Infinity Knights would oblige to the best of their ability and with minimal hesitation.

I was going to bring this up because i noticed it myself. I can only speak for myself, but I don't think anyone has made any specific plans regarding the assault only units of the IK. I think it would make more sense if they were more balanced.

I also really like the description written for the Infinity Knights. Very cool!

But there's one bit that calls the Dreadnoughts the "most priced" warriors. Shouldn't that be most prized? Or have I missed something?

Thanks, and yes it's prized, I just suck.

And nice description King. I made some tiny edits if you don't mind.

Has anyone noticed how we have three sons of Gulliman to one of Ferrus Manus? Just thought I'd mention it.

I was going to bring this up because i noticed it myself. I can only speak for myself, but I don't think anyone has made any specific plans regarding the assault only units of the IK. I think it would make more sense if they were more balanced.

Agreed.

I agree with GHY, try another metal

Hmmm. . .

I made some tiny edits if you don't mind.

Not at all, group efforts are good like that.

Has anyone noticed how we have three sons of Gulliman to one of Ferrus Manus? Just thought I'd mention it.

Well, Gulliman was supposed to have the most successors :D !

Protomangese is collectively unpopular. Hooray, combining Protege and Manganese results in an unpopular name!

Mendorite: Protomendite (or some variation)

Mendelevium: I have no idea

Protomius

Protolyma

Suggestions are all welcome.

Thank you Ace for the information. Yes, two strike cruisers are a good move. Thank you!

I'll be starting whatever story I can soon.

I think anyone just contributing excerpts could be an interesting move, whether from Guardsmen or Astartes.

KHK

I'm currently reorganizing the Time line, hopefully it will be somewhat more detailed.

Several dates are still blank so anyone willing to just toss in random numbers would be appreciated. Also, some of you may have noticed the titles, albeit some are humorous (such as Failed Diplomacy involving an Eversor Assassin) and others being more of just regular titles such as Blockade and Waaagh Matreg. I'm willing to accept title suggestions.

Protomangate is the name of the forgeworld until a general consensus among all of you boots it off. Hopefully there's no more men-geese hybrids.

Protomangate is the name of the forgeworld until a general consensus among all of you boots it off. Hopefully there's no more men-geese hybrids.

Much better, no more bloody geese. They are bad tempered little bastards......

Anyway, I've been working on an opening, well, thing for the campaign with a book or pdf as you suggested in mind. I thought it would build atmosphere to present it with the scribe giving his report to the High Lords, given Gehenna's significance, though this can be toned down if it screams something of 'why isn't this official', though I think the High Lords have a lot of problems that don't go on GW records.

In any case It's on paper so I'll need to write it up, but I just wanted to know if this was unsuitable before I got any further along with it and be forced to shelf the thing.

If it's not too long or you don't have enough time, you don't have to type it up. I'd appreciate it, but unfortunately, there's nothing for me to go by yet on whether it should be toned down or not.

I like the idea of the scribe sending the report to the High Lords. I think it should be important, after all, it's a big galaxy, but compared to things like the Eye of Terror and Medusa V, this is nothing, so it's not terrible for it to be off of GW's full history. Don't be afraid to make it sound more urgent. The Scribe is somewhat of an unreliable narrator anyway, s/he is surrounded by Gehenna guardsmen, most if not all of which are mourning and reciting litanies of hatred. Commissars are executing men on a daily basis. The Protomangate (geese guard) are in a hissy about their production. The Generals are throwing fits due to the difficulty the invasion is giving.

Hey, if the campaign good enough it may catch someone's interest.

My question is whether this is taking place at the beginning of the campaign (no astartes yet) or two years later when the Death Heads and Warriors Eternal show up?

My question is whether this is taking place at the beginning of the campaign (no astartes yet) or two years later when the Death Heads and Warriors Eternal show up?

I think as far as this thread is concerned we should start from when the Astartes arrive. However, the booklet could start at the beginning. We would just need to come up with extra background behind the scenes.

We would just need to come up with extra background behind the scenes.

Well to keep things in context you can have a brief overview and be easily linked to a booklet or .pdf or whatever you decide (if it goes that far) for anyone interested in the campaign setting as a whole.

As for the Astartes, you might want to begin this portion of the campaign with a summit between the chapters that have arrived as it's much easier to write exposition when given such a setting and exposition is exactly what you need when jumping halfway into a campaign that has been raging in the background before you got there.

Here's a passage from a piece of Fan Fic I never posted.

Their armour was a pale blue and each of their shoulder guards were adorned with a snarling lion symbol.

As for appearance, I'm not sure. I have a lot on the III's current Captain but not a lot on his predecessor's predecessor. I guess he would be covered in script and passages, more so than most Chapters. Maybe with a pelt of some kind. Weapons would be a pair of Lightning Claws.

Arnkel would be fairly zealous and hot-headed, maybe known for his rash actions and fanaticism within the Chapter. Does that help?

“Aleksei, execute Gior Ferze, the traitor cannot escape.” The Warrior Eternal nodded to Tobulo. “Taggart, your company is take surround the districts around Ferze’s palace, exterminate everything.”

“With extreme prejudice, my lord,” Taggard responded calmly.

"The Gehenna regiments will follow you in, may the Emperor be with you."

---

His helmet was cradled in the crook of his arm, its brazen face glaring at nothingness as the Death Head Captain smiled in the court yard. It was a large garden with trees towering over the Astartes. Red bulbs hung from its many branches, curious Taggart plucked one, stepping on the broken corpse of an Eldar witch as he did so. He caressed the fruit in his free hand, it was the size of a small melon. Taggart bit into the sphere, juices ran down the sides of his face, and his teeth grinded the firm meat. Swallowing, he dropped the sphere on the Eldar, staining its armor and robes. The Death Head plucked the Eldar’s stones from its chest, a beautiful red gem, he dropped it into an ammo pouch, when it fell it rang against so many others. Grinning, Taggart wiped the juices from his face and placed his helmet back on his head. Before exiting the complex, he plucked the Warlock’s helmet from its head, and clasped it against his waist next to a string of other oblong helms.

Taggart the Witcher. That is what they would call him.

Back out in the rain, the Death Head observed the Gehenna guardsmen lining up their former kin. The cracks of lasguns and the clatter of bodies as they crashed against the ground, these were the sounds of victory.

Squads marched through the city streets, killing everything they saw, xenos, men, women, children soldiers and civilians alike. They were not human. They would die like every inhuman abomination before them, and every one after them.

Taggart marched with his senior sergeant, his face concealed beneath a helm brandishing an animalistic skull. They walked several blocks, watching as Guardsmen ran past, killing fleeing Gen Cols1. The Governor’s Palace, or that is what it had been, was crumbling. The Warriors Eternal had slaughtered its occupants and reduced its majesty to rubble. Aleksei stood before it all, clad in Terminator armor. Taggart removed his helm,

“How is the good Chancellor?” he asked, a smile creeping across his face. Aleksei nodded, he hated this one, this joker,

“Dead.” Aleksei replied, coldly. Aleksei scanned the Death Head, his armor was beaten, and his helm was smeared with ash and blood. His pouches jingled as he walked, and an astonishing

number of peaked helms decorated his waist. The Death Head was grinning now, his short hair matted flat against his face. A collection of Eldar swords swayed on his belt.

“Not bad,” Taggart laughed. He liked Aleksei, a humorless man, but efficient. “You do better than this?” he joked, tossing Aleksei a link of pouches. Aleksei caught Taggart’s trophies and opened them, peeking inside. Eldar stones sat inside, dozens of them. Aleksei looked up at Taggart, and nodded. . .

1. Gen Col is another term for the Gehenna Collective PDF.

Just thought of a little story.

The Warriors Eternal still get everything involved with killing Ferze, but Taggart's lot have to make sure nothing happens to you lot in the palace :D .

Thussaud embodies the more warrior aspect of the Death Heads. He is far less humorous than Taggart, but still not as humorless as Aleksei. He is very direct and probably poorly tempered. Appearance wise: about shoulder length dirty blond hair, a bigger Astartes. He prefers Ork trophies, so I would imagine he would carry around Ork pistols:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/parouleklin/OrkPistols.jpg

For the World Train, I think the idea I had behind it, and you can ignore it if it doesn't fit your version: Scouts board the World Train and set up markers for Terminators to transport down, as flat carts and anti aircraft guns are cleared, Thunderhawks land to drop off Astartes.

Very good portrayal of Aleksei, it fits his character (and what happens inside the palace ... ) Not sure what that you meant by that last nod, though

If I were to pick one of your Captains King, which one should I draw. I know I'm thinking very long term, but again I was inspired by the Badab pdf. In it they have special Characters, with a small portrait of each. So if had to pick one, that kinda stands out and could even have his own rules, which one? And the appearance of him is needed.

EDIT: On second thought Ferrus, It would be nice hear how you envision his facial feature, as his face will be the focus.

The Warriors Eternal are tasked with killing Chancellor Gior Ferze and his General staff. Led by First Captain Aleksei, the Warriors Eternal destroy the Chancellor’s palace defenses and kill Ferze along with fifty two of his military command staff and several thousand of Ferze’s honor guard.

That's what happens. I'm sure that several thousand can be expanded to include even more Eldar and regular Gen Cols. It's a slaughter house.

As far as Captains go, I think this one is Tobulo's time to shine. Terminator Armor, armed with a relic weapon mace (reclaimed from a Chaos Lord) and a storm shield (get creative with the shield :) ).

Tobulo wears one of the Kraken helms but if you want him to carry that, short curly blond hair, scars but nothing in the way of real bionics. Very stern, and something in the way of about four service studs.

Trophies extend between Eldar, Ork and Chaos.

Glad I captured Aleksei, shame he doesn't like Taggart.

On second thought Ferrus, It would be nice hear how you envision his facial feature, as his face will be the focus.

A few scars (hell he's Astartes :) ) no bionics, some hair - he's not bold but its not long. Calm features. That's all, I'd be happy with anything you come up with. After all Arnkel is the Chapter's current 1st Captain.

Corbulo :D

:D

In all seriousness, something like this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_30PRmkOl4ro/Sl3Fmi5DLeI/AAAAAAAAS7s/f5XsVQQHlvA/s400/mens%20short%20curly%20hair.jpg

The nod is something along the lines of "good job."

Either that or, "yes, I did do better than this."

EDIT:

I just remembered, I never really gave an idea for the appearance of the Gen Col or even the Gehenna regiments.

Even though the atmosphere is "breathable" I think some form of gas mask would be appropriate and with all the rains I think a poncho would look nice.

Anyone who wants to give an idea, please do. I don't want them to look like Cadians (not that Cadians look bad, they're just not Gehenna).

The fleet also need a bit of editing, mostly involving the number of vessels in it.

There are an estimated 40 guardsmen regiments, so if anyone can work from there to decide how much of each vessel should be present would be greatly appreciated.

The fleet also need a bit of editing, mostly involving the number of vessels in it.

There are an estimated 40 guardsmen regiments, so if anyone can work from there to decide how much of each vessel should be present would be greatly appreciated.

There are dedicated transport ships for Imperial Guard regiments that contain landing ships and everything else needed. They are still the property of the Imperial Navy, but they are for all intents and purposes the Guard's only means of transport unless you squeeze them onto warships that have crews in the thousands anyway.

An Imperial Fleet is usually composed mostly of Dauntless light cruisers and Imperial Cruisers as the backbone of the fleet since they are the easiest to replace and commonly are. Held together by the linchpin of larger ships, a handful of Cruisers and various battleships. Frigate and destroyer squadrons are a given for adequate support.

The Mechanicus also have their own ships.

The reason I specified the Mechanicus forces outside of the other gathered forces is because they are not part of the Imperial Guard or Imperial Navy and are as independent from the rest of the Imperium as the Space Marines.

Archived