Perditia

Donkey Kong

EDIT: I'll totally use that pic of Altram for my avatar, just as soon as I figure out how.

Easy way of making sure it stays up and doesn't magically dissapear one day is to:

Save the avatar picture to your computer > Upload the pic to your B&C Album > Use the 'url' line of html (a url, oddly enough) code on the image's page > paste that line into the text box on your 'edit avatar' page in your control panel.

I'll give that a shot. It's actually already added to my album, but after that point my tech-savvy-ness deserted me. :lol:

EDIT: Hmm, couldn't get that to work. Guess the Techmarines are going to lecture the heck out of me for getting the rituals wrong. :D

I'll try again later, once my brain catches up with the idea I'm awake.

I'm probably going to be out of the loop for a little while since real life is getting complicated and intrusive of late, amongst other things meaning less time to sit down and pen tales for the campaign and all my DIY chapters. :sweat:

With regards to the exchanged heraldry, the Infinity Knights don't really have a lot to distinguish them in terms of appearance apart from the quartered scheme. Possibly other marines might wear an elbow or knee-pad in the quartered colours of their chapter's heraldry?

Don't worry, Ace. We'll probably still be here by the time you get back :tu: ! Hopefully we'll be farther along though. Heraldry sounds good.

I've been doing work on the story, but in a more outline fashion (probably better this way). The thing I've learned about outlines: they tend to make you realize that your previous work is garbage. So, with pride, here it is:

Chapter 1

End of war on Perditia Tetrius + Recovery

Coup by Lord General Militant Gior Ferze + rise of opposition

Supply shortage on Protomangate + Protomangate investigation fleet

Perditia Tetrius declaration of Independence

Chapter 2

Protomangate informs the Imperium of Perditia Tetrius' declaration

Protomangate arms itself for war (Skitarii, Titans)

Sector Fleet + Guard is raised + Perditian regiments are called into service

Combined force assembles at Perditia Secundus Space Station

Chapter 3

“They say no guardsman ever sees home again. I guess they were wrong.”

Bettan Ephar. Corporal, Second Army.

Beginning of invasion + scourging of Perditia Tetruis' agricultural moons

Purging of traitor sympathizers in Imperial ranks

Protests raised by Adeptus Mechanicus upon reaching hive moons

Landing of Imperial forces

Chapter 4

Army Group [x] relieves Hive [y] on moon [z] and Imperials learn of loyalist entities scattered on the various moons

The Imperium recruits more men from these freed cities to continue fighting throughout the campaign

Forces are raised from relieved Hives + Imperials push further towards the ACN

Imperial forces encounter greater resistance + Eldar + orbital supremacy is contested by Eldar warships

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor enters the conflict

Chapter 5

Imperial forces reach a stalemate against traitors and Eldar

Second wave of Imperial forces arrives from Perditia Secundus

Eldar retreat from the orbital war

Imperials push through original stalemates and closer to the ACN

Chapter 6

Under Inquisitorial order a volunteer battle group is assembled to take the war to the ACN

Imperial forces make landfall

Eldar manipulation of the Beast of Perditia is revealed and the Imperial force is devastated

Imperial transport ships are destroyed by Craftworld Kel'Altasar

Chapter 7

As the Imperials draw closer to the ACN, resistance continues to grow on all fronts

Eldar return to the orbital war

Suicide transport craft are used by the traitors to attack Imperial vessels, largely unsuccessful

Imperials call for further reinforcement

Chapter 8

Third wave of Imperial forces and Space Marines from the Death Heads and Warriors Eternal arrive in system

First Captain Lucil Tobulo is placed in overall command of the campaign with the support of First Captain Akim Aleksei

Astartes break stalemates throughout the invasion

The Imperium pushes even closer to the ACN

Chapter 9

Captain Tobulo begins reorganizing the campaign

Traitors continue fighting a losing battle

A fourth wave of reinforcements is raised at Perditia Secundus

Eldar launch a desperate counterattack at Perditia Secundus, devastating the fourth wave and forcing Tobulo to send aid from his Astartes and Navy forces

Eldar take large fleet losses

Chapter 10

Fourth wave of Imperial forces arrives in system

Imperial forces push closer to the ACN

Traitors draw their final line, blockading and garrisoning agricultural moons near the ACN with Eldar aid

Chapter 11

Astartes from the Arctic Lions and Infinity Knights join the campaign

Approval is given to Captain Tobulo by the Adeptus Mechanicus to destroy the final ring of agricultural moons

Cleansing missions involving both Astartes and Guardsmen wipe out the remnants of traitor and Eldar forces in the last ring

Inquisitor Maelbor of the Ordo Xenos requests the creation of a Deathwatch Killteam upon seeing the resistance of the final ring and assuming the even greater resistance in the fighting on the nearby ACN, approval is given by the Astartes Captains

Chapter 12

Deathwatch Killteam infiltrates the ACN, gathering information on the city's defenses for the invasion

Invasion is launched to take a beachhead at the capitol of the ACN

Imperials are put on a running clock to firmly establish defenses, deactivate and reactivate defense lasers and shields and set up defenses against any counterattack

Capitol is held by Imperials

Chapter 13*

Capitol easily withstands an infrequent siege

Deathwatch Killteam, Astartes Infiltrators/Scouts, Guard Scouts and Navy Spycraft branch out from the capitol and map out enemy points of interest, strongholds and trade routes

The world train is marked as a target priority to cripple enemy supply lines

Captain Tobulo gives Captain Arnkel of the Arctic Lions the task of retaking the train with the support of Death Head Infiltrators and Terminators

Astartes take the world train, cutting communications and preventing the knowledge of the lost locomotive from spreading to traitor garrisons

Chapter 14**

Chapter 15

Chapter 16

Chapter 17

Chapter 18

Chapter 19

Chapter 20

Chapter 21

Chapter 22

Chapter 23

Chapter 24

Chapter 25

Chapter 26

Chapter 27

Chapter 28

Eldar appear less and less amongst traitors, leading Imperials to believe they're either retreating or have been all but exterminated

Chapter 29

Deathwatch Killteam gains knowledge of a moon hidden beneath the ACN that has an Eldar facility on it

With the knowledge of the atmosphere and temperatures beneath the ACN, the attack is limited to the Astartes, Sisters of Battle, Inquisitors and Adeptus Mechancus

Chapter 30

Traitors are hunted down and executed by Imperials

A new Planetary General is put into power

Perditian regiments that reclaimed their world are shipped out to new war zones

Older regiments are given colonizing rights on Perditia Tetrius and its moons

*Concerning the world train, I have an idea for how it's done that you can decide if you like or not.

The Imperials map out the trains stations and find one near to the captured Capitol. While the train is en route to that station, guardsmen and astartes take it. When the train stops at the station and all traitors who have not been killed flush out onto the station expecting reinforcements, they are killed by the Imperials on station.

**Provided the above is accepted, I imagine the Imperium would use the locomotive to launch a surprise attack on another station. However, where, what and why are all undecided, also I don't want to detail something out if it won't be accepted anyway.

Like always, I need help with names, notably the [x], [y] and [z] for the first loyalist contact during the invasion. Also, I'm still looking for suggestions for other names for the world train.

You'll notice that fourteen chapters are left devoid of detail, this is simply for ideas to be added as the Imperium retakes the ACN. You'll also notice that two thirds of the whole outline is dedicated to conflicts on the ACN. This is completely intentional. While the whole campaign involves reclaiming a gas giant and its moons, the primary goal of the campaign, as well as the most well defended location, is the Artificial City Network.

Unfortunately, this does make most of Ace's stories of the Death Heads and Infinity Knights void, however, the same concepts can be applied to retaking garrisons throughout the platform city.

So, please, criticize, give ideas, hit me over the head with whatever you've got :) !

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately, this does make most of Ace's stories of the Death Heads and Infinity Knights void, however, the same concepts can be applied to retaking garrisons throughout the platform city.

So, please, criticize, give ideas, hit me over the head with whatever you've got ;) !

Drat. :P

Once things settle down* I'll see if I can't make the neccesary adjustments.

*This will probably take a while, unfortunately. :cuss

EDIT: I'll totally use that pic of Altram for my avatar, just as soon as I figure out how.

Easy way of making sure it stays up and doesn't magically dissapear one day is to:

Save the avatar picture to your computer > Upload the pic to your B&C Album > Use the 'url' line of html (a url, oddly enough) code on the image's page > paste that line into the text box on your 'edit avatar' page in your control panel.

I'll give that a shot. It's actually already added to my album, but after that point my tech-savvy-ness deserted me. :lol:

EDIT: Hmm, couldn't get that to work. Guess the Techmarines are going to lecture the heck out of me for getting the rituals wrong. ;)

I'll try again later, once my brain catches up with the idea I'm awake.

On this page click the button labeled "Avatar":

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=51934

• 1 month later...

Has there been any news regarding progress here? I don't want to seem like I'm pushing too much given the workload other people are under but I also don't want this to die. The Perdita project is frankly awesome and even a couple of posts here and there to keep it rolling along would be fantastic.

Towards this aim, I'm revisiting the half-a-story that I wrote a while back about the Arbites in combat with some PDF, though I might reboot it to be a little flavour story for when the last of the Arbites are extracted from their various areas of resistance.

As a side note, it would be interesting to see an Imperial force with elements of the now resurgent Arbites involved. They could also be used for the long ago suggested role of that another regiment of MP's was going to be used for; monitoring the 'loyal' Perdita regiments during the invasion. Don't know why I didn't think of that before.

The project's not dead, GHY, just hibernating.

Best of luck with your story, and I certainly imagine the arbites would make a fine addition to policing the Guardsmen.

Unfortunately, revamping the Death Heads is taking more of my free time. The time that isn't going to be taken up by school anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, real life intereferes too much.

I'm going to (hopefully) start work on my Infinity Knights again soon - I'm still painfully aware everyone else's chapters are in the Librarium, so I got some catching up to do. :)

And of course, when working on the IK, my spare thoughts are on this campaign.

I'll have to have a bash at those stories of mine again, but I want to finally and decisively pin down what I want from the Infinity Knights first.

I must apologize for not being able respond or otherwise contribute to the thread the past months. Time has been limited in periods and honestly my interest in 40k has diminished lately. With school and work being a bit more demanding this year, I'm not sure what I'll be able to do for the project. However, I will still try to support the project in any way I can.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I don't have much time now, but while doing homework an idea struck me. There's probably an analogy between the homework and Operation Strangulate, but don't read too much into it, or your face might turn blue and your head may explode.

Operation Strangulate is based on the idea of the majority of the ACN being an enclosed environment. Naturally, because of the lack of oxygen in the atmosphere and the nature of it being a hive world with various levels, it's going to have to rely on alternative sources of oxygen. The primary source is called Greenhouse One. Operation Strangulate is an Imperial mission to take over Greenhouse One and several other minor, but key, greenhouses, and cut off oxygen flow to the internal city. This plan will coincide with the operation to take the Governor's palace, which will naturally have the controls to close down passageways into the city interior.

I also imagine, since the Imperials would want to be thorough about its rat extermination, Imperial teams (Space Marines and Stormtroopers) in oxygen masks being sent in a few hours after the initial oxygen purge to tunnel fight any (very few) survivors.

Now, who's going to head Strangulate?

I'd be quick to volunteer the Infinity Knights, but then I always am. :FA:

I have got some flimsy reasoning as for why, too. :Elite:

I mean, apart from scrapping a farseer (which I kind of made up to compensate for all the cool stuff the others were doing), my chapter's short of a cool set-piece operation, and you can bet Mors Altram and the boys will jump at the opportunity to knock a few more heads, even if the dreadnought-based-combat will be somewhat limited.

That said, this sounds like the sort of plan Arnkel of the Arctic Lions might come up with. It sounds ruthlessly efficient. I mean, of course, Tobulo would probably suggest the overall goal, but it strikes me as the perfect opportunity for Arnkel to step in and handle the details in clinical fashion.

Ultimately, KHK, the decision is yours, but if you do choose the IK to lead the charge, you won't find us wanting. :HQ:

EDIT: spelling the names of the captains wrong, even after all this time. Makes it worse that it was Altram that I got wrong. :)

This entire plan relies on the ACN being a lot like Omega from Mass Effect.

As of now, the ACN is some kind of bastardized creation consisting of horizontal hive, Citadel Station on Telos IV, Mass Effect's Citadel and Omega, and Jupiter.

I agree with Arnkel more than likely being the mastermind behind snuffing out the rats. Now I'm just thinking of a chain of events. After the capture of the ACN Capitol, the majority of the rebels will likely flee into the city interior with the hopes of fighting a Guerrilla war. I could imagine the Death Heads and the Warriors Eternal being eager to accept their challenge, before Arnkel suggests smothering them.

This chapter will undoubtedly be titled "Rats", and between shutting down power for air filters and any inflow of oxygen, most rebels who flee underground will suffocate. I can probably imagine a few interrogations from a rebel who survived by crawling into an air duct that failed to close or the remarks of some guardsmen sent to investigate as they see the devastation caused without a single shot.

So, what say you, Ferrus, Grey, and GHY?

So, what say you, Ferrus, Grey, and GHY?

I'm pretty sure their collective silence indicates they agree with me! :lol:

Well, maybe not. :)

KHK, it looks like a good time to either break out the PMs, or make the call yourself. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
I like the idea of Arnkel masterminding the plan and maybe adding a small unit of Lions to help (the 1st Coy), but I have no problem with the Iks heading the attack.

Adding the lions just to make sure the pla is done right, instead of just dreadnought-bombing the place. :tu:

That's how I see it, anyway.

Also, good to hear from you, Ferrus. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Whoops, with the Blazing Sons occupying my time I haven't thought to check the Perdita thread in a while.

Glad I did. I do indeed agree that it looks good. I like it, a lot. Makes me want to write another 'world train' esque bit, but time being as fickle as it is, lets see whether I can deliver on easier things before embarking on yet another promise that may or may not work out in the end. :wub:

Archived